Paris Hilton on Larry king show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Technically the question he asked, "Have you ever been addicted to drugs, taken drugs, etc?" Would have been nearly impossible to say "yes" too. He didn't specify illegal drugs, so if she's taken asprin, she's taken drugs. Perhaps he should have been more specific and asked if she had used marijuana. Larry King was slacking.

Now you're just trying to change the question of technicalities. C'mon now.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
Now you're just trying to change the question of technicalities. C'mon now.

Being specific is important. Don't want to be taken out of context.

Besides, the question she answered hazy on, was the second one, "ever done drugs." The first answer can easily be an honest one, just useing a substance recreationally doesn't guarentee addiction.

Beauty Mark

I'd say most people in the US, unless they have a poor command of the English language, understand that "doing drugs/done drugs" means recreationally. If at a party or in a questionaire, you're asked, "Do you do drugs?", no one is going to say "Yes, I take aspirin for headaches."

It's like asking someone if they're 420-friendly. It isn't asking if you mind the number 420, you want to know if they mind or smoke weed.

She technically didn't lie, but she'd either be really stupid or naive to not know what he meant.

user79

Quote:
Technically the question he asked, "Have you ever been addicted to drugs, taken drugs, etc?" Would have been nearly impossible to say "yes" too. He didn't specify illegal drugs, so if she's taken asprin, she's taken drugs. Perhaps he should have been more specific and asked if she had used marijuana. Larry King was slacking.

Oh come on, if someone asks you "have you ever taken drugs" the 1st thing that pops into your mind isn't aspirin! LOL

And even then she should have said yes since I'm pretty sure everyone has taken some form of medical drugs.

She CLEARLY said no on both questions.

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Oh come on, if someone asks you "have you ever taken drugs" the 1st thing that pops into your mind isn't aspirin! LOL

And even then she should have said yes since I'm pretty sure everyone has taken some form of medical drugs.

iagree.gif

Why do the news stations always insist on doing reports on her in the first place?? I'm so sick of hearing about her and her little spoiled, selfish, ways.
jerkit.gif

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
iagree.gif

Why do the news stations always insist on doing reports on her in the first place?? I'm so sick of hearing about her and her little spoiled, selfish, ways.
jerkit.gif

People watch and will sit through commercials, the station gets more money.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous

So?

There is nothing wrong with her saying, no to him asking if she's ever been addicted. Not everyone gets addicted.

Besides. Most adults have taken drugs, legally or illegally for the purpose of getting high. Just because it's availible via prescription doesn't make it any different from an illegal drug. And nearly every one of them would answer "no" to that same question if they were being asked by someone important.

She couldn't answer yes to that question on national TV. Because just like everything else, it would have been blown out of proportion, and taken completely out of context. When's the last time anyone has confirmed her useing a substance? All the footage from that newcast was old stuff thats been floating aorund the internet forever now. We know for a fact she has been clean for at least 23 days (probably more considering they check for those things when they tested her BAC on her DUI arrest). Maybe she hasen't done any drugs in a while, and has no intention of doing any in the future. So why would she answer yes to that question? So the media can lable her as an addict?

If my employer asked me if I had ever (forever ever?) used drugs, I would say no too. What possible reason would I say yes to that? I'm not useing anything, and haven't for years now, and really don't ever see myself useing anything in the future. Paris is 26 now. Maybe, like a lot of 26 year olds, she got over it? Yah they were cool when i was like 18-23. Just like drinking a lot was the best thing ever when I was a freshman in college. But now that I'm 25 (almost 26) both of those things don't interest me at all. Things like long term relationships, marriage, kids, etc are on my mind these days, not smoking weed.

Paris isn't that different from most people growing up in their 20's. At 25, were a lot different than at 21. And i'll prolly be a lot different at 29, than I am today. Perhaps when she said no to those questions, it was in reference to who she is now, not who she was.

Tash

Quote:
Besides. Most adults have taken drugs, legally or illegally for the purpose of getting high.

You've said something like this before and it still baffles me. Maybe where you live is different, but the majority of people I know have never used drugs, legal or illegal, to get high. Makes me happy to live where I live and have the friends/family that I do.

Raerae

Quote:
You've said something like this before and it still baffles me. Maybe where you live is different, but the majority of people I know have never used drugs, legal or illegal, to get high. Makes me happy to live where I live and have the friends/family that I do.

Most people who use prescription drugs in ways not prescribed, don't go around telling people. In fact, most drug users don't talk about it be it a legal drug or an illegal. You can't always tell by looking at someone.

The only drugs people "talk" about, tend to be social drugs that you find at like parties and clubs. So yeh, people might be open about smoking weed (assuming the attitude around where you live isn't one to judge them if they spoke about it), or maybe doing coke, with the people they do it with, or E if they go to raves (which happen all over the country). But if they know you're someone who is going to look down their nose at them for doing a bong hit at the party they went too, or dropping E, there not going to tell you.

If your neighbor Mr. Jones is addicted to Vicadin, he's not going to tell you when you say hi to him while he's getting the mail. And you won't even know it. Not to mention alcohol, is a drug. And there are alcoholics all over the country. Just because you don't know they are an addict, doesn't mean they aren't. So if any of your friends are binge drinkers, or drink to get drunk, it's for the most part equivalent to smoking pot.

Tash

Quote:
Most people who use prescription drugs in ways not prescribed, don't go around telling people. In fact, most drug users don't talk about it be it a legal drug or an illegal. You can't always tell by looking at someone.

The only drugs people "talk" about, tend to be social drugs that you find at like parties and clubs. So yeh, people might be open about smoking weed (assuming the attitude around where you live isn't one to judge them if they spoke about it), or maybe doing coke, with the people they do it with, or E if they go to raves (which happen all over the country). But if they know you're someone who is going to look down their nose at them for doing a bong hit at the party they went too, or dropping E, there not going to tell you.

If your neighbor Mr. Jones is addicted to Vicadin, he's not going to tell you when you say hi to him while he's getting the mail. And you won't even know it. Not to mention alcohol, is a drug. And there are alcoholics all over the country. Just because you don't know they are an addict, doesn't mean they aren't. So if any of your friends are binge drinkers, or drink to get drunk, it's for the most part equivalent to smoking pot.

Yeah, I don't associate myself with people like that. I have a great radar for picking out people who are hopped up on legal and illegal substances. The telltale signs are actually very simple to see, especially when you have experience with stuff like that.

pumpkincat210

Quote:

I agree. even though alcohol is tolerated more by society, it isn't less damaging than other drugs. I have come across so many people that don't think twice about drinking heavily, yet still heavily criticize people that smoke pot.
Surely what we have seen from Paris indicates she is definately an alcoholic and a pothead. She should have admitted she had an addictive personality and not gone into it any further, but she is probably still in denial. haha, that sucks for her!

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I agree. even though alcohol is tolerated more by society, it isn't less damaging than other drugs. I have come across so many people that don't think twice about drinking heavily, yet still heavily criticize people that smoke pot.
Surely what we have seen from Paris indicates she is definately an alcoholic and a pothead. She should have admitted she had an addictive personality and not gone into it any further, but she is probably still in denial. haha, that sucks for her!

Alcoholics don't realize their alcoholics though. That's the first step to recovery and for many of them it takes years to realize it.

And we can't say Paris is an alcoholic. Most of them drink at home alone, not out with friends.

pumpkincat210

Quote:

And we can't say Paris is an alcoholic. Most of them drink at home alone, not out with friends.

that's why i said she is probably still in denial.
that's the thing though, if you drink every night with or without people that still makes you an alcoholic.

Beauty Mark

Isn't what makes you an alcoholic if you can't stop and when it interferes with your life? Drinking that much isn't healthy, of course, but I think there's a difference between excessive drinking and having addiction

Tash

Quote:
that's the thing though, if you drink every night with or without people that still makes you an alcoholic.

No, drinking every night doesn't make you an alcoholic. Drinking because you NEED to and can't live without it does. There's a BIG difference between a social drinker and an alcoholic.

Raerae

Quote:

There is no indication she's an alcoholic. Most adults are able to drink socially w/out any sort of addiction.

Pothead? Maybe. But again, as no THC was listed in her tox screen when she was arrested for DUI , chances are she's not a regular smoker, else they would have found it in her.

Raerae

Quote:

Not really. Not everyone who goes out and parties a lot, gets wasted doing it. Typically people who need to binge drink are people who are not socially confident enough to party while remaining mostly sober. I know many people who only have a drink or two while out for a night. I'd would hardly call them alcoholics.

pumpkincat210

Well she's already proved it has interfered with her social life. I'm pretty sure this girl has a serious addiction problem. It's actually quite obvious.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
No, drinking every night doesn't make you an alcoholic. Drinking because you NEED to and can't live without it does. There's a BIG difference between a social drinker and an alcoholic.

According to the law, there really isn't a difference between social drinking and being an alcoholic when you get caught driving drunk. They believe one drink is too many, even though i don't agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.