Pat McGrath Beauty

elegant-one

Not yet, but I have all that money left that I didn't spend on MAC. LOL.

elegant-one, please check the Becca thread. You don't want to miss out on the highlighter.

Oh, that's good lol. I'll go check right now. Thanks dear! Wait, which highlighter?

Link please as this site will not even let me put anything in the search field...ugh

Last edited:

Sugar & Spice

My lip balms arrived today and I just tried on Ultra Vixen. So pretty. I’m going to wear Flesh 3 to work tomorrow but my first impression is that it’s more of a sheet lipstick than a balm. When I think of lip balm, I think of something like the Fresh ones that have just a hint of color. The PMG ones are definitely pigmented. If I get good wear out if it tomorrow, I’m getting more.
Yes I don't know why she's calling them balms because they certainly give the appearance of a sheer lipstick and I agree completely with your sentiments regarding balms being like the Fresh ones.

I'll check them out in person and if I end up really liking 1, I'll get it in the November Sephora sale.

elegant-one

Got my 2 balms this morning & I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them both in shades & texture. They are not slippery balms but very soft on the lips. I was scared when I saw Succexy thinking it would lean a bad burnt orange, but it's gorgeous on my lips A slight pink medium fleshy coral. Love Supreme is just as beautiful on. It is a medium slight pink rose. VERY very happy with these. I just wish that I bought a couple more.

aradhana

If it's any consolation, I've bought that complete Metalmorphosis set and ever since regretted it. This post pretty much sums up what I'm thinking. Those metal shades are pretty, but the cream shades are not that different from other golds, silvers or coppers that you can buy from other brands. And the pigments are difficult to use, or even unusable for everyday make-up. All in all, I do use the cream shadows, but I think you're getting more out of a metal-themed Tom Ford, Dior or Chanel quad. There might be some for the upcoming holiday with metallic shades, so I think you haven't lost out.
:pat:
sorry it took me so long to write back:
thank you - actually i feel a lot better reading that :)

elegant-one

I see they’re up on Sephora but not all of the shades are there. Are some exclusive to PMG’s site?

Yes, I noticed that. It says LE for all of them but not Exclusive for the missing shades on PM site. I just checked. I hate when they do that. I think you would really like the texture of these. Oh, BTW no Chanel ls for me to swatch :(

Winthrop44

Yes, I noticed that. It says LE for all of them but not Exclusive for the missing shades on PM site. I just checked. I hate when they do that. I think you would really like the texture of these. Oh, BTW no Chanel ls for me to swatch :(

Thanks! Bummer on the Chanel.

Haven

I am annoyed by Sephora’s lack of shades. The ones that I was interested in are not offered by Sephora. No swatching before buying and no using a rouge reward to help with the cost. :(

Winthrop44

I am annoyed by Sephora’s lack of shades. The ones that I was interested in are not offered by Sephora. No swatching before buying and no using a rouge reward to help with the cost. :(

Yep. Unless they haven't finished putting them up yet it stinks.

boschicka

Um, emilynoel83 was testing the new Bronze palette and said she could get a similar look from her Makeup Revolution collab palette. So there you go, money saved!

MaryJane

Um, emilynoel83 was testing the new Bronze palette and said she could get a similar look from her Makeup Revolution collab palette. So there you go, money saved!
I saw that as well. I think you could get a similar look as far as the colors go from any of a number of warm palettes on the market but it would be hard to beat the PMG formula - especially for the glitters and ‘special’ colors.

javadoo

I saw that as well. I think you could get a similar look as far as the colors go from any of a number of warm palettes on the market but it would be hard to beat the PMG formula - especially for the glitters and ‘special’ colors.

Nars Singapore and Bayadere quads are very comparable to the colors and glitters in the PMG palette.
In fact, had I bought Singapore and Bayadere first I NEVER would have ordered Bronze Seduction. The quads have that gorgeous glittery bronze and even the beautiful flame red of the PMG palette. Actually, now that I think about it the Singapore quad is a near perfect dupe for 4 of the colors in the PMG palette.

I can't say enough about them-the Nars quads are really fanatastic. I ended up buying a third one-Mahe, as well.
The colors and formula of the new Nars quads are fantastic!!!

Latest posts