Pat McGrath Beauty

javadoo

I purchased 2 of the Blitz Trance lipsticks-Cyber Orchid and Perfect Fuschia.
I really expected to be wowed by these, but I'm just not. She claims they are iridescent but they are pretty much just straight up glittery. The 2 colors I got are pretty much the exact same color. The cases are beautiful though.
They feel great going on, I really can't feel the glitter, but my lips felt dried up after a few hours.
Overall, I regret purchasing these direct from her website(I bought them as a duo with 10% off).
I should have waited until they hit Sephora and used the Rouge discount. I would have paid a couple dollars more but at least I would have had the option of returning them, which I most likely would have.

elegant-one

I really expected to be wowed by these, but I'm just not. She claims they are iridescent but they are pretty much just straight up glittery. The 2 colors I got are pretty much the exact same color. The cases are beautiful though.
They feel great going on, I really can't feel the glitter, but my lips felt dried up after a few hours.
Overall, I regret purchasing these direct from her website(I bought them as a duo with 10% off).
I should have waited until they hit Sephora and used the Rouge discount. I would have paid a couple dollars more but at least I would have had the option of returning them, which I most likely would have.

Yep, they totally are not iridescent. Shimmery. That's too bad they didn't work out for you. It stinks that you can't return items from her site.

Last edited:

shontay07108

Yep, they totally are not iridescent. Shimmery That's too bad they didn't work out for you. It stinks that you can't return items from her site.
I didn't even realize she didn't accept returns.

I love, love, love Club Kiss. It's opaque and shimmery but not gritty. It's def gonna be a favorite. I'm a little less enthusiastic about Rebel Red. The color isn't as even as CK and I'm probably gonna need a liner to fix that. So, if I had known better I would've just bought Club Kiss. I'm not mad, though.

elegant-one

I love, love, love Club Kiss. It's opaque and shimmery but not gritty. It's def gonna be a favorite. I'm a little less enthusiastic about Rebel Red. The color isn't as even as CK and I'm probably gonna need a liner to fix that. So, if I had known better I would've just bought Club Kiss. I'm not mad, though.

Club Kiss looks great, I'm happy it worked for you. What shade of red is RR. I almost got that one too.

shontay07108

Club Kiss looks great, I'm happy it worked for you. What shade of red is RR. I almost got that one too.
I'm bad at describing colors, but it's on the lighter side. There's a hint of pink in there that gets amped up because of the shimmer, but the base of it is like a mid-tone red. It's not vampy, but I wouldn't call it cherry either.

Shars

Thanks for putting your review on here as those were the two I was interested in. I'll probably just get Club Kiss alone. I need to decide on the myriad of other things I'm eyeing on her site lol.

shontay07108

eh, I would want it to be RED RED. Red with red shimmer or even gold. Like Dorothy's ruby red shoes lol
I think you can skip it just because it's not as opaque as the other shade I got. I don't want to make it sound pink because it's not, but like I said the shimmer can make it seem that way at certain angles. The pics Shars linked are pretty accurate but that swatch pic is definitely darker than it really is. It's like a shadow over it. It's not deep at all.

elegant-one

I think you can skip it just because it's not as opaque as the other shade I got. I don't want to make it sound pink because it's not, but like I said the shimmer can make it seem that way at certain angles. The pics Shars linked are pretty accurate but that swatch pic is definitely darker than it really is. It's like a shadow over it. It's not deep at all.
Ok Sis! I want deep red :)

Alysse011

Well, my PMG order was supposed to be delivered today. The tracking info says the package is in my city, but the barcode is unreadable. They've updated the delivery date to tomorrow. We will see...

Alysse011

Christy and Forbidden Love came today! I LOVE Forbidden Love. I think I’ll end up giving Christy away. It pulls a little too...orange?...on me.

Sugar & Spice

Yes the Astrals let me know I wouldn't like them because I was thinking they too were iridescent but no they are glitter and I can't wear lippie formulas like that due to my already dry lips.
Christy and Forbidden Love came today! I LOVE Forbidden Love. I think I’ll end up giving Christy away. It pulls a little too...orange?...on me.
Yay so happy you love FL! I haven't loved a lippie in a long time and I absolutely love FL and so happy I can fall in love with red lips again!

Latest posts