Pearl Whitening Collection AKA La Perle de Chanel

Icecaramellatte

I need to vent to some sympathetic ears.

I'm trying to keep myself on somewhat of a low buy. I swatched Perle de Lune at my local Nordstrom (who were already sold out) and fell in love.

I ordered via NM a week ago today with 2-day shipping. Do I have my Perle de Lune? Nope. When will I get it? Who knows. What happened? Fedex.

My poor Perle de Lune is in the Memphis black hole (and has been since MONDAY) and FedEx refuses to give NM any info- or call me back like they promised. Multiple traces have been placed on the package, but FedEx doesn't give one iota of a crap. Delivery date is N/A.

In a somewhat surprising move, NM hasn't been particularly helpful or willing to do anything. I finally reached one rep yesterday who apparently got jerked around by FedEx enough that she wants to follow up. But they appear fine with letting FedEx take their sweet time while they have my money and FedEx has my property. I thought NM was known for better CS than that!

I finally broke down and bought Perle de Lune from Macy's because a) who knows IF I'll ever get my box, b) what condition it will be in.

So frustrated!
Sorry for the mess. Hopefully, things will get underway after the weekend.

Medgal07

I need to vent to some sympathetic ears.

I'm trying to keep myself on somewhat of a low buy. I swatched Perle de Lune at my local Nordstrom (who were already sold out) and fell in love.

I ordered via NM a week ago today with 2-day shipping. Do I have my Perle de Lune? Nope. When will I get it? Who knows. What happened? Fedex.

My poor Perle de Lune is in the Memphis black hole (and has been since MONDAY) and FedEx refuses to give NM any info- or call me back like they promised. Multiple traces have been placed on the package, but FedEx doesn't give one iota of a crap. Delivery date is N/A.

In a somewhat surprising move, NM hasn't been particularly helpful or willing to do anything. I finally reached one rep yesterday who apparently got jerked around by FedEx enough that she wants to follow up. But they appear fine with letting FedEx take their sweet time while they have my money and FedEx has my property. I thought NM was known for better CS than that!

I finally broke down and bought Perle de Lune from Macy's because a) who knows IF I'll ever get my box, b) what condition it will be in.

So frustrated!
That really sucks Starletta. I would be angry and frustrated too. I'm glad you were able to get one. If the original
I nabbed Perle de Lune when the collection first launched months ago---love it! package ever surfaces you get to give it back to Neiman's & get a refund.
ohboy.gif

Winthrop44

That really sucks Starletta. I would be angry and frustrated too. I'm glad you were able to get one. If the original
I nabbed Perle de Lune when the collection first launched months ago---love it! package ever surfaces you get to give it back to Neiman's & get a refund.
ohboy.gif
Yes...and I would write them a long winded letter with my return as well, telling them how dissatisfied I was with their response to what went on. I would also call my local FedEx facility myself to follow-up and complain. I have done this, and supervisors have called me back, when they repeatedly (like 10x) delivered my packages to neighbors on either side of me when my house number is clearly marked. Their new trick is to deliver to my house at 10-11 PM, which I don't like either, but I give up. I just try to order from stores that use UPS whenever possible. I will rarely order from Saks or Neimans when they have 10% on ebates, but I consider that battle pay for having to deal with FedEx. Sorry starletta!

Medgal07

Yes...and I would write them a long winded letter with my return as well, telling them how dissatisfied I was with their response to what went on. I would also call my local FedEx facility myself to follow-up and complain. I have done this, and supervisors have called me back, when they repeatedly (like 10x) delivered my packages to neighbors on either side of me when my house number is clearly marked. Their new trick is to deliver to my house at 10-11 PM, which I don't like either, but I give up. I just try to order from stores that use UPS whenever possible. I will rarely order from Saks or Neimans when they have 10% on ebates, but I consider that battle pay for having to deal with FedEx. Sorry starletta!
iagree.gif
I've not yet had those issues w/FedEx but I've heard enough horror stories to make me pretty leery of them!

starletta8

Sorry for the mess. Hopefully, things will get underway after the weekend.
Hopefully. But I used 2-day shipping. We're already multiple days late. It's not like it was sent ground, either...

I'll be into my second WEEK on Monday. For 2 day shipping? Unacceptable.

starletta8

ohboy.gif

I'm honestly disappointed by Neiman's. At this point, I want the property that I paid for and is being withheld from me. However, I'm also looking at how these companies treat customers. What if it'd been a Balenciaga handbag? Or an Apple computer?

starletta8

I think I'll do this as well. I've had huge issues with even getting deliveries- they didn't accept my legal address as being valid. They'd just drive by and claim it couldn't be delivered. But this is just silly- they're willfully ignoring parts of their contract with NM (traces, etc), but NM won't step in beyond calling once. I feel so powerless in the situation- I'm just the person whose money is being taken and property withheld from them.

starletta8

Monday update: FedEx still holding my legal property in another state and unwilling to give information. Reading some other consumer complaints, people had LIVE ANIMAL shipments being treated like that. If one furbaby is injured by them, I hope there are serious legal repercussions (not to mention moral/ethical).

NM still not being helpful, either. So much for basic customer service. I can just assume that I've taken a financial loss on Perle de Lune.

Winthrop44

Monday update: FedEx still holding my legal property in another state and unwilling to give information. Reading some other consumer complaints, people had LIVE ANIMAL shipments being treated like that. If one furbaby is injured by them, I hope there are serious legal repercussions (not to mention moral/ethical).

NM still not being helpful, either. So much for basic customer service. I can just assume that I've taken a financial loss on Perle de Lune.
Noooooo. That is completely unacceptable. You need to get on the phone with Neimans and ask for supervisor after supervisor after supervisor until you get your package delivered or a refund.

starletta8

Noooooo. That is completely unacceptable. You need to get on the phone with Neimans and ask for supervisor after supervisor after supervisor until you get your package delivered or a refund.

Well, I did send another email today. BTW, they don't respond on Social Media. I thought that was potentially a way to get assistance.

My fifth phone call has brought forth exactly 0 assistance. I'm seriously done with NM. Yes, it's about the eyeliner- but it's about the principle at this point. Unacceptable.

Medgal07

I don't understand this lunacy
shrugs.gif
It's time for your wheel to get real squeaky!!! Take the issue as high up as you can go.

Medgal07

Well, I did send another email today. BTW, they don't respond on Social Media. I thought that was potentially a way to get assistance.

My fifth phone call has brought forth exactly 0 assistance. I'm seriously done with NM. Yes, it's about the eyeliner- but it's about the principle at this point. Unacceptable.
EXACTLY!!!!!!

starletta8

Still no resolution. Latest crud was "wait on FedEx to call." Same crud I got last Wednesday.

Hey @ashievic, I know you know NM gurus. Surely this isn't how they're supposed to be treating customers, right?

Seriously thinking of rounding up everything I ever bought from NM and returning it.

TinTin

I need to vent to some sympathetic ears.  I'm trying to keep myself on somewhat of a low buy. I swatched Perle de Lune at my local Nordstrom (who were already sold out) and fell in love. I ordered via NM a week ago today with 2-day shipping. Do I have my Perle de Lune? Nope. When will I get it? Who knows. What happened? Fedex. My poor Perle de Lune is in the Memphis black hole (and has been since MONDAY) and FedEx refuses to give NM any info- or call me back like they promised. Multiple traces have been placed on the package, but FedEx doesn't give one iota of a crap. Delivery date is N/A. In a somewhat surprising move, NM hasn't been particularly helpful or willing to do anything. I finally reached one rep yesterday who apparently got jerked around by FedEx enough that she wants to follow up. But they appear fine with letting FedEx take their sweet time while they have my money and FedEx has my property. I thought NM was known for better CS than that! I finally broke down and bought Perle de Lune from Macy's because a) who knows IF I'll ever get my box, b) what condition it will be in. So frustrated!
I'm not fond of shopping at NM for this very reason. The return policy and customer service sucks. The GWPs usually aren't that great either.

starletta8

OK, sixth phone call (plus 2 emails and 2 chats) finally got me a supervisor. I was issued a refund, and then she wanted to immediately re-order.

Um, NO.

Sigh.

Ernie

OK, sixth phone call (plus 2 emails and 2 chats) finally got me a supervisor. I was issued a refund, and then she wanted to immediately re-order. Um, NO.  Sigh.
What a bunch of morons. I got a backup of perle de lune, I never do that with Chanel liners, but it's gorgeous, so enjoy it !

Latest posts