People can be so ignorant about interracial dating...

eighmii

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I'm a human being and I don't think I want to be put in a similar category as favorite ice cream or colour; someone having a favorite race? I don't want to be with someone like that! Someone who put me in their "favorites list" or something. I want someone to like me for me, and even though my race might not be the overall factor, I don't even want it to be one factor... like in college admissions uh. And I repeat again, if a dude likes me for just being Asian, then that's weird and creepy. My boyfriend's white (Jewish, or ... something lol) and I don't look at him and think, "I like you for being white!"... um no.

I can see your point.. but its not that creepy. Like, I have friends who only like black guys. Say theyre white, and theyre boyfriend is black.. its not the only reason they like them or are with them is because theyre black. Its just that theyre attracted to black guys.. so they tend to go after the black guys. They look for other qualities in a person as well just as you would looking for a guy your same race.

Ya know...? Its hard to explain.

Uchina

Oh please. Everyone knows multi-ethnic babies are the cutest.

Racism drives me crazy, but I can't afford to go crazy right now. The thing about white men stealing "our women" is bullshit, because dad stole a white woman
smiles.gif

SingFrAbsoltion

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I'm a human being and I don't think I want to be put in a similar category as favorite ice cream or colour; someone having a favorite race? I don't want to be with someone like that! Someone who put me in their "favorites list" or something. I want someone to like me for me, and even though my race might not be the overall factor, I don't even want it to be one factor... like in college admissions uh. And I repeat again, if a dude likes me for just being Asian, then that's weird and creepy. My boyfriend's white (Jewish, or ... something lol) and I don't look at him and think, "I like you for being white!"... um no.

Yea it could just be personal opinion. I think dating people based on their race is weird and creepy too and I'd never be with someone like that. But then other people find it okay..whatever floats your boat I guess.

And those anime loving asian chasing white girls..my boyfriend spent his highschool years being stalked by them
lmao.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
I think dating people based on their race is weird and creepy too and I'd never be with someone like that.

I doubt anyone in a interracial relationship would tell their SO that they only were attracted to them because they were _____.

SingFrAbsoltion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
I doubt anyone in a interracial relationship would tell their SO that they only were attracted to them because they were _____.

Not while they're in a relationship already but I've had guys liking me because they had "a thing for Russian girls"

creeped me out