Physicians Formula Baked Bronzer (MSF lookalike?)

Pimptress

Have any of you seen this? It looks almost EXACTLY like an MSF, dome shape and all, with the shimmery veining and all. I bought it today. It's niiiiiice. I can't compare it, though, because I don't own any MSFs.

I got "Baked Tan"

03715.jpg

"Bronzing and Shimmery face powder baked on italian terracotta tiles!"

LipstickChick

I have this in the same shade as you bought, and I love it! It IS very similar to MAC's MSFs, particularly Naked You (if I had to choose the most similar), except that the PF product doesn't have as much flyaway glitter.

PF is definitely one of my favorite drugstore brands these days!

user3

I saw those in the store but didn't get to really look at them. My first thought was those look like MSF's!

ExquisiteImages

I went to a local store and saw it. It's looks like the MSF with the domed shape, but there wasn't much of the gold veilings in them like the MSF. Haven't tried it so I can't say if it works well.

glittergoddess27

There used to be a post on here with a link to an Italian Company that had ones that looked EXACTLY like the MAC ones,. I emailed them but they never answered back,... If anyone has had any success in finding those I would like to know.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
There used to be a post on here with a link to an Italian Company that had ones that looked EXACTLY like the MAC ones,. I emailed them but they never answered back,... If anyone has had any success in finding those I would like to know.

I emailed them as well. They replied telling me that they currently don't have a distributor for their products in the US. They used to awhile back. They are hoping to again someday.

samila18

yes I've seen that.. the PF bronzer.. the ones I saw had a lot of veining in them.. so pretty! but then I found people willing to sell BN/almost BN msfs so I caved and went with those instead! but for a cheaper version of an msf - something like shimpagne/naked you combined - I would so go for it if I didn't already have both of those
greengrin.gif

mpicky

I use the baked bronzer and I love it, but I have never used a MSF, so I can't compare. It is not too expensive and you probably could return it if you didn't like it, so I say buy it and try it out. If you have a MSF, I would love to see swatches comparing.

MissMarley

i have the baked bronzer and like it a lot- i don't have any MSFs that i use as bronzers- just pink ones. And I'm definitely bronzer-phobic, but this is the nicest one I've tried

LipstickChick

PF's Baked Tan is very similar to MAC's Naked You MSF, except I think the MAC product actually has more glittery flyaways than the PF product.

PF has really stepped up this year in terms of bringing some cool new products to their line -- I love them!

XxTinker_BellxX

I use this product on a daily basis, i love it this is actually my second one
smiles.gif
I have never used MSF but IMO these are G R E A T!!!!!! i even dropped it and now use it as a loose powder
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

avjwc

Try the BAKED BLUSH in BERRY. Everyone says it's similiar to stereo rose. It goes on PINK, not berry.

03849.jpg

Shawna

I know we had these last year in Canada, but they weren't available on their own. They came bundled with stuff I didn't want so I never got them. I hope they re-release them here on their own this year. I really like PF products. In fact, they remind me a lot of Guerlain stuff.