Picture theft

OliveButtercup

Hello, has anybody else had any problems with people stealing pics? I never really thought about it before but then I received a message from a girl asking me if I was on a website called Nexopia. I said no, and she said "well, then somebody on there is using your pictures..." I hate to think I can't continue to post FOTDs but people are so ridiculous. Hopefully now that the forum is closed to non-members it won't happen to anybody else. Thanks for listening.

Pink_minx

Hm well maybe you should put your name on the pictures...cause I still want you to do FOTDs I love all your looks
ssad.gif

OliveButtercup

Yea I guess I should. I don't really have photoshop or anything but I'll have to figure out a way. Thanks for the suggestion.

deathcabber

I hate to say it but I wondered if someone on MUA used your picks because I saw some of your FOTDs under a different user name that I didnt think were you...I know people on MUA like to steal pics so I would watermark any on there.

OliveButtercup

deathcabber, If you see anything like that again I'd love to know about it. Thanks for your help.

Also, I'm soooo in love with the new Fiona CD! I'm obsessed with it. It's so timeless and creative.

OliveButtercup

To:amberbunnie
Date:Tue Nov 1, 2005 8:55 pm
Subject:hi...
Hi, you're using my pictures..... Do you think there's any way you could get rid of them please? Thank you.

Date:Tue Nov 1, 2005 9:48 pm
Subject:No Subject
these are my pics

Date:Tue Nov 1, 2005 9:51 pm
Subject:Re: No Subject
Look, I know you took them from either Makeupalley or Specktra. I'm not completely retarded, THEY ARE ME. The last one is from a tutorial I made. Thanks for being immature about this, don't think I'm not completely ready to create proof pictures and make you look ridiculous.

Date:Tue Nov 1, 2005 9:53 pm
Subject:Re (2): No Subject
Do it then

Date:Tue Nov 1, 2005 9:53 pm
Subject:Re (3): No Subject
Ok.

Christina Victoria

Ugh, that's horrible.. I'm so sorry to hear that. Some people are just immature these days.

If you need anyone to watermark your pictures for you, I could, since I have Adobe Photoshop. I hope that this doesn't happen again.
ssad.gif

user4

hahahaha... sorry i find those emails hysterical!!! people can be such children... "that's me." maybe she's your long lost twin that does her makeup the EXACT same way and takes the EXACT same pictures as you. It's a rare thing, I would try to meet up with her... LMAO. What a moron!!! so sorry you have to go through this... please dont stop posting your FOTDs.

roxybc

Wow, I live in BC Canada and they just featured that website on the 6:00 news!!! The story was all about how young girls were posting their pictures on there, lots of them in very provocative poses, basically trying to meet people online to have sex with!!!

Gawd, teenagers can be incredible stupid and slutty these days!

Sorry to hear about your pics being stolen. Why don't you e-mail the mods of the site and ask them to remove your pics?

OliveButtercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
Sorry to hear about your pics being stolen. Why don't you e-mail the mods of the site and ask them to remove your pics?

From what I read on the website, the mods are basically minimally involved. If you want to "prove" the pictures are fake you have to take pictures of yourself proving it, like pics of you holding a sign that says who you are, and post it on their Fakers board. It all sounds like a lot of drama and I'm not trying to prove it to the other people on the website, I just want my pictures to be gone. But I guess I'll probably do it anyway, just so the pics will be taken down. Of course, my camera is at a friend's house and I'm not sure when I can get it back....
But yea, that website is basically worthless. It's a Facethejury wannabe site with all young preteens and whatnot.

user2

Hey OliveButtercup!
caffn8me already put up a link in one of her posts her so you know my history!
I would definitely put up a so called "salute pic" that shows you, your Nexopia (you have to open an account!!!) nick and the Nexopia under it!
Nexopia is one of the bitchest sites out there!
OK I know I'm not a Miss World but neither are those 13year old, pubic hairless mini-bitches that tell me I'm ugly!
The best thing about this whole salute pic was that I uploded the salute pic as the pic that shows up when you visit my Nexopia page and now all those kids come up with stuff like "Hey I know Jenny111 and you are the same person so why do you make such a big deal out of it!" I mean HELLO SHE'S STEALING MY PICS AND I'M THE ONE WHO GETS BLAMED?!?!?!?

They should take down the whole page IMHO!

If I were you I would take down every pic from pages like photobucket etc. watermark them and out them up again!
If you want a Specktra watermark, I have one! Just give me a PM with you email address and I'll send it over to you! Or if you want me to watermark some of your pics, do the same!
smiles.gif

user3

OliveButtercup the best thing you can do is watermark or label the pics. Sorry about what happened but I hope you will continue to post your pics. Specktra is doing what it can to protect your privacy. Watermarking the pics is the best idea. Just make sure it's in an area that they can not crop out. Also there is invisible watermarking and most photoshops will not let you crop up watermarked pictures. Just putting text on the pic does not totally protect it. The only thing is watermarking is not 100% safe either.
Sadly, people will find a way around things if they really want to use your pics.
There is a code that if you upload the pics to your website and put in the HTML code it can keep people from saving your pics to their computer. It's doesn't always work but it's worth a try if you are worried about it. By putting the text across any full face pics it ensures that they can not use the picture for say making up an ID card. I know it's not what you want to hear but it is possible.
We all take a chance when posting on the internet but by doing little things you can protect your pictures from being used in the wrong way.
Keep in mind that after you post an FOTD you can always go back later and take any pics down by going back to the post and clicking edit. This would limit the amount of users that see it.

If you need to HTML code just PM me.

deathcabber

OK, I did some research on MUA and it wasnt you! I confused you and another gal who looked similarly, and was a darker skinned beauty
smiles.gif
She seems to have tons of identities though so maybe someone is using her pics....Anyways! I hope you can fight these other people stealing your pics. They are just jealous because your pics are so gorgeous and you are so talented! Good luck
smiles.gif

Im enjoying the new Fiona album too! I waited forever for it, so it had to be good
winks.gif

moonrevel

I think anyone who does that should be beaten with a wet noodle or trout. Especially when people do it on dating sites. It's like, HELLO, when the person meets you, he/she is going to realize it's not you! That, and it's just lame in general. Be content with who you are and don't steal someone else's face. Rant over.
smiles.gif

OliveButtercup

Deathcabber, Yea I think my favorite song from the whole album is "Not About Love" (#11 I think). I can never get it out of my head.

Moonrevel, I absolutely love your avatar!! Heehehe

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveButtercup

Thanks! I figured that since I do not have the mad PhotoShop skillz, I could at least make the damned thing funny, right?
smiles.gif

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveButtercup
Deathcabber, Yea I think my favorite song from the whole album is "Not About Love" (#11 I think). I can never get it out of my head.

OMG, excellent song. Im also loving "extrodinary machine". Good stuff
greengrin.gif

Latest posts