Picture theft

aziajs

Wow, that person had some nerve to challenge you on whether your pics are really yours. That's crazy. As a piece of advice, try download.com for a free photo editing program. I'm sure they have to have something that you could use to watermark your photos. But like one of the other members said, don't stop posting your tutorials or your fotd because they are really good.

solardame

OliveButtercup/VuittonVictim - Goddamn that sucks! Crap like this is what keeps me from posting any photos of myself. Definitly wouldn't hurt for everyone to follow Zap2it's advice when posting pictures. Hope this mess gets straightened out. Goodluck!

Sooz

I haven't read through all the posts properly, but since you can't watermark your pictures, maybe you could just put your username (in a small font) on your forehead/cheek/hand/whatever else you can think of?

turtle_pixie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
Gawd, teenagers can be incredible stupid and slutty these days!

Most
I hate the stereotype that so many teenagers are creating for us, it's not nice, mature or fair. People who steal photos should think about other people and put themselves in the people who they steal froms shoes!

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooz
I haven't read through all the posts properly, but since you can't watermark your pictures, maybe you could just put your username (in a small font) on your forehead/cheek/hand/whatever else you can think of?

Unfortunately, that can be easily removed using Photoshop. Sucks, I know...

Anyway, on Nexopia's site, it states this in their Terms & Conditions:

"Nexopia is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, DELETED, INCOMPLETE, ILLEGIBLE, MISDIRECTED OR STOLEN MESSAGES, MAIL, PICTURES, IMAGES OR INFORMATION, UNAVAILABLE CONNECTIONS, FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED OR DELAYED TRANSMISSIONS, ONLINE FAILURES, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR OTHER TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OR DISTURBANCES."

Does that mean they don't give a rat's bum about photo/identity theft? If so, shame on them... but then again, this IS the internet and unfortunately there really isn't a 100% foolproof way to protect images posted on the net
ssad.gif

xbabygirl

it's the internet. that's why i avoid putting pictures up because there could be some idiot out there that will take them and abuse them.

morgan

olivebuttercup, you are a true ispiration.....it would be a crime ot let some little pre-pubesant tard ruin what you have going here.....a lot of woman come to this site, see what you do ...and are able to make them selves beautiful because of it.

pumpkincat210

well, its the internet. I personally wouldn't care if they took my picture because it is probably some 12 year olds! Don't let them stop you from posting Fotd's!
You might want to check into a software that would lock your pictures so they couldn't be taken..its not foolproof, but it might deterr people. Hopefully they aren't THAT bored to crack that..

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
well, its the internet. I personally wouldn't care if they took my picture because it is probably some 12 year olds! Don't let them stop you from posting Fotd's!
You might want to check into a software that would lock your pictures so they couldn't be taken..its not foolproof, but it might deterr people. Hopefully they aren't THAT bored to crack that..

What kind of software are you talking about?

Do you/anybody know a free image storage site that makes it impossible for other people to steal your pics?

xSazx

I noticed some girl on here had stolen pictures.. i think her s/n is peaches or something like that... she has "herself" in her ava but its really Jackie from NY.

So, yea it sucks people are taking your pics, just watermark them or something, its easy enough to do on paint
smiles.gif