Pimp my Ride!

s0_fam0us

I'm reeeeally big into cars!
smiles.gif
Excited for the Auto Show in NY coming up!

Mine isn't anything special (04 Saturn Ion... haha), but now that it's paid off I don't know if I want to trade it in, or keep it and get a bike.

Tish, I saw in your posts that you were looking at taking riding lessons... I don't know how it works in TX, but in CT they offer a 3day motorcycle course (taken at local community colleges) that includes both text work and actual riding time... and if you pass the course, all you need to do is take the written test for your license - you don't need to do the riding portion with DMV.

Anyway, I think my mother would kill me if I got the bike, but the other car I'm looking at is the G35 coupe... and that'd be horrible in the snow, as it's RWD. And no I do NOT want the sedan... even though it is AWD... lol..

TISH1124

Yeah My dh is very paranoid about me riding a bike solo...so I have to take lessons to get his blessing...Also to get him to buy me the bike
th_wink3.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Ok, here is my baby. The only thing I got for it is the chrome grill. And I would love to get chrome tail light guards.
auto_d_gallery_item_2.jpg

This is my DH baby.
DSCF1587-vi.jpg

DSCF1573-vi.jpg

And this is what I want to get!!! I think this bike is awesome! Hopefully maybe next year.
Can_Am_Spyder_yellow.jpg

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquilla_loca
that's what happened after hitting the pole.
cry.gif

Holy crap!!! Glad you were all okay!!!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquilla_loca
i'm using photobucket. how do i downsize the pic?

Just go to edit and reduce the size and then replace original and it will automatically change it on the thread

nelyanaphonexia

This is such a neat post!!! I LOVELOVELOVE cars. When I lived at home with my dad we used to work on cars for fun. He is a HUGE car person and collects unusual and awesome cars.
thmbup.gif

n16707060_36549553_8868.jpg

Acura TL-S, 2003, Silver with Nav System. It was an alright car...

We (the DH was driving...) wrecked it on I-20 going about 70 mph into about 200ft of thick wire cable after running over some "stuff" left in the road by work crews. So, the great state of Texas was responsible for us not having a car. Oh, and the bonnet there was completely off. We had to fish it off the road about 100ft away from the rest of the car. And the other side was worse:

n16707060_36549548_7256.jpg

So, we bought this with the money they gave us:

32329452-2-440-overview-1.gif

(it's just a picture off the internet, but it's exactly what we bought)
It's an Acura TL-S in Kinetic Blue, with grey and red interior and nav. system. It wasn't my first choice of car to replace the old one with, but it wasn't really my money at the time. He loves it and I love my car...

My car:
09-030.03.jpg

VW Beetle, TDI (50 MPG baby!), grey interior....she is lovely. But a couple years ago she was vandalized by some @$$ in a parking and now has a missing right mirror and a dent in the right door and right undercarrage.
thmbdn.gif

When she finally gives out and dies, this is what I want:

77317d1206541984-2005-chrome-orange-elise-sale-los-angeles-002.jpg

more affordable than you might think....
The 2006 Lotus Elise in Chrome Orange starts at $47,250 USD
And yes, I want one in Orange.
drools.gif
Or if they discontinue chrome orange...isotope green or laser blue would be ok. These cars are like skittles, they come in a rainbow of yummy colors.
winks.gif

TISH1124

^^ My son is 7 and everytime he sees a Bug he says Mommy I'm getting one of those when I get a job. LOL LOL ......He loves that car

kaliraksha

We live right by a lotus dealership and my boyfriend's "realistic" dream car is the lotus elise since he's been like 12... so I get dragged in there a lot. Pretty car! Wish the inside was a little more "pimped" out though.

chiquilla_loca

^^^i wasn't sure what a lotus elise looked like, so here's a pic for reference
NICE!!!
and i picked a picture of a blue one. my fav color!

lotus.jpg

clslvr6spd

This is my baby, 2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed.
There were 9,000+ made in a stick.

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

If you are all interested in the mods I have done, here is the list.

Eibach lowering pro kit
Unorothodox pulleys
Comptech headers
AEM cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Stoptech vented & drilled rotors
NRG engine damper
Kendwood DDX DVD/Navi
No name brand rims

Soon to come:
K-sport adjustable coilovers
custom cams
Intake plenums
New rims

Flaminbird

I posted in the other thread about my car. It's a 2000 Trans Am which I bought stock October 24th 2001. My b/f and I have done all the work on it...cept the flames. We installed a cam, patriot gold springs, SLP UD Pulley, LS6 ported oil pump and LS2 timing chain in the fall of 2007 and now I have 405 rwhp and 388 trq. I'll post a video of it I took a few minutes after we installed the cam etc. I just love how it sounds!! I need a new clutch which I hope to get installed in a few weeks.

347694111_Yj6UV-M.jpg

207780906_g3ooK-M.jpg

interior shot of my gauges my b/f installed for me
greengrin.gif

300808894_av8sH-M.jpg

I have so many mods...too long to list but here's a link to my fquick site:

Garages > Flaminbird's 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula - FQuick.com

Here's the video. BTW my mom was also into cars as well as my two brothers and dad. My mom had a 71 Mach 1 with flames as well
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

YouTube - Comp Cam Si5

Flaminbird

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it because not to many gals as we know are into cars let alone work on them. I wish I was more of a mechanic though. I'll be helping with installing the new clutch but I'll tell ya that transmission is awfully heavy
ssad.gif
. I helped with the install of the clutch that's in it now and I could barely balance it under the car
ssad.gif
. This will be my 4th clutch since I've owned the car and it only has 73k miles on it
ssad.gif