Pink slip e/s Lingerie

lola336

Ok, I love this es but i cant seem to get the glitter to show up. I tried to use it under corn shadestick but no go. Has anyone else tried this es? What do you wear under it? Thoughts on this color??

Thanks!

user2

Now that you're saying that I'm not sure that I'll get this color either! I mean I'm in love with all my Frost and VP e/s because they're glittery!
I want a nice soft pink and glitterish color and I'm afraid that it's not Pink Slip!

blueyedlady87

I used my Slip Pink over Taupeless and that gave it a bit more glittery effect. It looks really glittery in the box, but not as glittery on skin. But i have no complaints. I think it's a great pink color.

Sushi_Flower

I am in LOVE with this colour from pictures alone..hope i'm not disappointed with it in person. I'm not fussed about the shimmer..it just looks like a great pink.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I am in LOVE with this colour from pictures alone..hope i'm not disappointed with it in person. I'm not fussed about the shimmer..it just looks like a great pink.

I think you'll like it. It's such a pretty color. The shimmer is perfect for me.

Julie

I haven't received my Lingerie order yet but I know when I want colors to have more shimmer I use Stilife Paint and that usually gives the eyeshadow a more shimmery effect.

Scrangie

Sometimes I use a shimmersouffle or a glitter creme as a base when I want more shimmer. I'm sure that if you used Rock It Pink glitter creme as a base, it would look fab. In fact, that's what I intend to do when I get mine in the mail. I have not actually seen Lingerie in person but I ordered the whole thing yesterday and I can't wait to play with it.

lah_knee

thats what sucks about that shadow... its kinda like trax... it looks pretty in the pot but when applied it turns out darker and with little/no glitter effect
ssad.gif

leppy

Its this particular formula of e/s "Velvet". Most of them are just the prettiest in the pot, and have a lovely soft matteish base to them, but then this overlay of glitter that just refuses to apply evenly or stay put or blend well. I only buy velvets if I love the colour without the glitter, since I think when you apply it its gone anyway!

Black Tied & Beauty Marked get my vote for the worst of them all!

sigwing

Have you tried using a damp sponge-tip applicator? That always seems to make my eyeshadows really burst with color more, and makes frosts frostier, at least I think so!

The Slip Pink is beautiful but I haven't tried mine yet. I don't like eyeshadows that are really heavy frost or glittter, so I hope I like it when I try it...maybe tomorrow.

Leppy, I love those colors for lining & outer corners! I always tell people you usually can't judge a MAC e/s in the pot...you gotta try it on!!!

sigwing

I just tried it on top of what's worn off thru the day...and I love it! It's a nice understated natural pink, and I do see the gold sparkles and like the fact they're not overbearing. I like it so much I may have to get a backup!

Isis

I actually like this color alot b/c it's not TOO shimmery, it's just a nice soft shine. I should try layering it over Steep e/s. If I want more though Cotton Candy might be my answer for sparkle.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
I just tried it on top of what's worn off thru the day...and I love it! It's a nice understated natural pink, and I do see the gold sparkles and like the fact they're not overbearing. I like it so much I may have to get a backup!

Backup, eh? Uh-oh...
lol.gif

Just wondering, lola - what sort of brush are you using? I'd be going for something dense to really pack it on (if you want the glitter to show) rather than a wide, all-over-lid brush. Usually when e/s don't show, I play around with paints (or similar such eye-safe cream products) till I get desired effect. Hope that might be of some help.

Or perhaps it's one of those mega-subtle ones *shrug*, like Banshee (though personally I love that effect).

d_flawless

try it with pearl CCB...if you use powder on your lids first to suck up the oil, it shouldn't crease...then pack on the color over the CCB

depecher

I am wearing it with Pink Couture shadestick. It is soooooooooooo pretty!!!! I swatched it over Beige-ing and it took on a more golden tone. It is a stunning eyeshadow. I hope you give it another go. It looks incredible with Shale in the crease. I am definitely getting another back up! =)

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
I haven't received my Lingerie order yet but I know when I want colors to have more shimmer I use Stilife Paint and that usually gives the eyeshadow a more shimmery effect.

hmm i will definitely give this a try. i was using over corn to see if it would bring out the gold more...maybe over a neutral with shimmer would be a better choice...thanks!

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee
thats what sucks about that shadow... its kinda like trax... it looks pretty in the pot but when applied it turns out darker and with little/no glitter effect
ssad.gif

Exactly! and i thought it would be different because when i swiped it on my hand it had so much gold sparkle...i dont know..ill keep trying....just wish the gold was move visible
ssad.gif
i even got a backup of it..im thinking i should have gotten a backup of taupless...

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Backup, eh? Uh-oh...
lol.gif

Just wondering, lola - what sort of brush are you using? I'd be going for something dense to really pack it on (if you want the glitter to show) rather than a wide, all-over-lid brush. Usually when e/s don't show, I play around with paints (or similar such eye-safe cream products) till I get desired effect. Hope that might be of some help.

Or perhaps it's one of those mega-subtle ones *shrug*, like Banshee (though personally I love that effect).

i used the 213 brush....i think its a pretty good bruss to get the effect...not too wide. eh..i will keep trying...thanks!

bluegrassbabe

I tried this one on at the mall today. It looked completely different once applied. In the pot, palest pink with gold, on me, warm darker pink with matte finish.
I haven't played with SP other than at the counter, but I recomend the paints as a base, then packing on the shadow with a dense brush, like 242 or 252 to enhance the sparkle.

Latest posts