Pirates of the Caribbean

lipshock

Um, I am hooked.

I am seating it again tomorrow afternoon. This time bringing my mom because I just wanted another reason to see it again.
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I saw it w/ my boyfriend. Boo, I wish we'd stayed for the extra scene!! The beginning was exciting for me, all that fighting and the fireworks and the schemy little monkey! But then it got a little wonky and slow...then it picked up again....I had a hard time watching the first two, they didn't interest me. But my boyfriend loves them, and I really wanted to take him to see this third one, so I watched the first two at home, but this one was way better IMO. I thought it was so cute how Barbosa tried to "marry" Elizabeth and Will Turner mid battle, it was awesome haha

And the multiple Jack Sparrows running around! Amazing hahah

Tubachick02

not only did I see it I was dressed as a Pirate to do it (I Like costumes), I loved it, gonna see it again as soon as I can convince someone

triccc

I LOVED IT! (as I knew I would)
But crap! I didn't stay until after the credits!
I might see it again tonight, so I will have to remember to stay.

okay, now i'm totally feeling like i'm the only person who didn't like the movie. i was rather disappointed. i loved the first installment. i thought the 2nd installment was pretty good. this one was the least impressive of them all.

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammakeupaddict
okay, now i'm totally feeling like i'm the only person who didn't like the movie. i was rather disappointed. i loved the first installment. i thought the 2nd installment was pretty good. this one was the least impressive of them all.

I enjoyed it for the visual effects, but the story was really lacking. I felt like everything they covered in the third movie could have been included in the 2nd, since it was pretty much a wrap up of the loose ends in the previous film. It seemed like they just dragged out unnecessary story lines and didn't explain the new stuff well enough or develop it into anything that remotely made sense. Man though - Orlando Bloom looked soooo hot at the end
winks.gif

triccc

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
Man though - Orlando Bloom looked soooo hot at the end
winks.gif

oh yea... he is SO hot. mmhmmm

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
Man though - Orlando Bloom looked soooo hot at the end
winks.gif

Did he ever?! I literally was like falling out of my chair to claw at the screen. I am not a huge a Orlando Bloom fan at all but I couldn't deny his sexiness at the end of the film. It must've been the scar and the headscarf, lol.
smiles.gif

MROW!

Katura

Saw it last night...I think I liked the first and second better...But I really liked it all the same. Keira looked all glowy the entire movie and I'm pretty much insanely jealous of that haha...

But...I've got to say Johnny Depp looks maaaadddd hot as a pirate. And that's the onyl way I'd ever have him hahaha

Some image candy:
56477.jpg

And orlando Bloom...
th_drool.gif
I wasn't ever a huge fan until the ending of that movie. I was pretty much swooning in my seat with my boyfriend next to me not understanding the lust in my eyes hahaha

Oh how I wish I could find a still picture from the end of the movie!!!

user79

Def going to see this one. Wanted to reserve a ticket this weekend but it's already well sold out so there weren't any good seats left. Will be going to see this next week though for sure. The 2nd one was really good, hoping the 3rd will be too.

Showgirl

**slightly spoilerish if you ain't seen it yet**

I thought it was OK, but rather rubbish compared to the other two... there's like an hour, an hour twenty of really excellent stuff (and doesn't the monkey steal every flippin' scene he's in? :) but the rest is just flabby and confusing... I mean, what WAS all that nonsense about raising the sea goddess? Did it further the plot or the action in any way? No. the spaced out Jack's hallucination sequences? Again, quite fun, but did they REALLY add anything to the film? No. With a timely snip of stuff like this, this would have been a zippy little 1 hr 40 mins of a great, fun movie rather than the bladder-buster 3 hour CHORE it became.........

And I don't really see the point of having all those cool different pirate lords when the final sea battle just boiled down to the two ships from Dead Man's Chest (Flying Dutchman and the Black Pearl).... when they did that big shot with the whole armada spread out across the horizon, and the ramshackle glory of the pirate lords in their 'barks' on the other side, I was salivating, expecting a HUGE astonishing multi-ship sea battle with international pirate antics ahoy, but it just didn't happen that way, the action just stuck with the central characters...... and I was very disappointed too with the way the dealt with the Kraken, he was one of the big stars of Dead Man's chest and so much more could have been done with him....

Again I'm not saying it's not a GOOD film, but with some heavy editing and a clearer storyline ("oh no! somebody's betrayed somebody else! what, again? *yawn*"), that budget, that cast, and the basic charm of all the characters could have made something really great, something that in ten / fifteen years' time you'd dig out the ol' cabinet and show to your kids as a classic family movie... I know I'll probably be doing this with the first movie, it's so classic it will age well, but I doubt that the other two - with their muddy storylines and over-reliance on special effects - will be remembered so fondly.

eastsidesunset

I was so excited to see it. I even managed to convince the boyfriend to go with me and make it a date (my boyfriend and I try to keep the movie dates to a minimum because it's expensive in Chicago), but now I wish I hadn't, haha.

The movie was beautiful, and like everyone else I loved the monkey. Shoot, I want a movie just about the monkey. This Pirates left me wanting my money back. It was about an hour too long, and dragged like there was no tomorrow. Only thing that kept me hanging in there-- HOTHOTHOT Orlando Bloom.

I vote we lobby for a Jack Sparrow the Monkey Pirate movie, haha!