Planned anti-gay demo falls flat

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
A threatened mass protest by an anti-gay US church failed to materialise when only one demonstrator turned up. [Link]

It's wonderful to see bigotry and hatred fail like this. Perhaps society is getting more tolerant of those who are "different".

lulabelle

wow, glad to hear it!
thanks for sharing!

I watched Milk last night... I can't believe this is still an issue!

ms.marymac

These people are vile. They cause so much trouble over here. I wish they could be banned from leaving their house. I'm glad at least one of their "demonstrations" didn't go through.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdana
I will be happy when instead of tolerated, we are accepted.

Until that day comes, tolerance is better than the alternative.

I'm all in favour of free speech but what these Phelps folks have to say is incitement to hatred and has no place in a civilized society.

Mabelle

Are these the same people that planned to protest Heath Ledger's funeral and say things like Our soliders die because we love "Fags" or something along those lines?

I don;t understand how people can carry such ignorance, such hatred in their hearts. There's a special place in hell for people like this. Right next to the child molesters and people that steal from Grandmas.

I really do believe in Karma. Just think about what will eventually make there way back to people like this.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Are these the same people that planned to protest Heath Ledger's funeral and say things like Our soliders die because we love "Fags" or something along those lines?

One and the same. Whatever happened to "love thy neighbour"?

Quote:
I really do believe in Karma. Just think about what will eventually make there way back to people like this.

I look forward to their comeuppance.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
I wish someone would stab Fred Phelps in the nuts.

That made me laugh but I really think we should take the moral high ground here. After all, he can't! That won't of course stop us wishing that he'll manage to get himself into trouble by himself one day
winks.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
... so stabbing Himself in the nuts?!

It can't happen soon enough
th_roll1.gif

enigmaticpheo

These people are disgusting; talk about karma with their demonstration falling flat! Bahaha. I was born and raised in the proudly gayest part of the country--the Castro in San Francisco. And this kind of hateful crap is just unimaginably absurd to me.

However, this is a little calming...Seeing the leader of the uh "church" get ripped a new one on national television.
smiles.gif

YouTube - Shirley Phelps-Roper on Fox News

AdlersMommy22

i love how they ALL called her "crazy".... I can NOT believe that phelps called her a "bimbo"..... that was more heated than ive ever seen ANYTHING.. and i LOVE that she was quoting scripture and getting it shoved in her face... omg.... i cant stand intolerance like that... that lady is so crazy

enigmaticpheo

I KNOW, it got really heated in there! I definitely side with the anchor's right to get steamed in a debate like that. Not to mention the fact that she obviously did her research, throwing scripture back at that woman like that!

Latest posts