Plastic surgery as a graduation gift?

MAC is love

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17932515...15773?GT1=9951

There's the article from MSN...I've been thinking about this lately. There's a girl at my school (think blonde, blue eyes, rich family...) and I recently found out that her graduation gift is going to be some nice C cup boobs! Apparently her sister also got them as a graduation gift. I don't really care too much about plastic surgery, personally I would never do it. It seems that it's mainly for people who think they aren't perfect and if they JUST had this oneeee little tiny thing done they'd look so much better. Again, this is just a personal view. I don't think you're stupid if you've had plastic surgery, btw. My sister had her nose done when she was 17, I believe. Anyway....what are your thoughts on this subject?
hmm.gif

MiCHiE

How do you know if you'll truly be flat-chested? I didn't get breasts until long after high school, after weight gain, birth control and finally being less active.

Raerae

I saw that article...

IMHO... If your not happy with how you look, and it's something diet and exercise can't change, GO FOR IT.

There is no reason to look at yourself in the mirror, and focus on that part of you that deep down inside you HATE (i'm sure everyone has something), and "deal with it."

This has nothing to do with teaching young girls that their worth is in their appearance (plenty of MEN use PSurgery themselves). It's about helping people have better self esteem.

The whole idea of, "you should be happy with how you were born" is stupid. There are plenty of reasons people need reconstructive surgeries, cosmetic orotherwise, and if it improves their quality of life, who are we to judge?

For the people who are happy with how they look, good for you
smiles.gif
And I think for the people who want a little nip-tuck, good for them as well. I think it's a great graduation gift. Going into college is a time when everyone needs good self confidence, and how you see yourself, is a big part of it. Or when you graduate, going into the workforce. Eigther way, it's a great idea, and more power to those who do it to improve their life.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
How do you know if you'll truly be flat-chested? I didn't get breasts until long after high school, after weight gain, birth control and finally being less active.

What cup size are you may I ask?

And thats rather assumptive. Many girls do not go on BC, or reduce their activity. Just because you went on the pill and stopped doing any for of exercise, doesn't mean other will. And why should you have to get fat to get a few cup sizes? Not all of us put on weight after highschool. I'm still around the same weight as what is on my drivers liscense I got when I was 16. I actually weigh a little less.

FYI, I'm still an Aish Cup. And I'm 25, WELL after HS. And I'm on BC. The booby fairy never gave me a c-cup in the middle of the night, i put my bra under my pillow too =(

MAC is love

If people are in need of reconstructive surgery b/c of a car accident or whatever, that's understandable. I just don't understand why so many people are into having plastic surgery like it's no big deal. If you're into that, that's fine I don't have a problem with it. Same goes for people that are okay with themselves, that's cool too.

MiCHiE

I'm a DD. But, I ask also because I had a friend who never had any breasts, nor did her mother. She's a full D now, after a pregnancy. I guess if you want to factor all that into the equation before surgery, go for it. Just a thought. Everybody's different.

Beauty Mark

I went from a B to a D cup from high school until now and I developed curves. Getting implants is unsettling, because your body may still not be settled.

When I graduated from high school, I'd rather have the money for any kind of surgery for bigger necessities for colleg: computer, book money, spending money so I wouldn't have to work, etc.

flowerhead

Well personally I think all plastic surgery (apart from things like breast reduction due to health matters or reconstructive) is really tragic, and fake breasts look horrible anyway.

Raerae

Quote:
I'm a DD. But, I ask also because I had a friend who never had any breasts, nor did her mother. She's a full D now, after a pregnancy. I guess if you want to factor all that into the equation before surgery, go for it. Just a thought. Everybody's different.

Thats a lot of, "what if's" to go through...

Personally I'm considering breast augmentation. Why? I can give several parsonal reasons that dont have to do with guy, or society's value on them.

A.) Clothing options. I CAN'T wear many styles of clothing, simply because, I dont have much of a cup size, let alone any clevage. So lots of tops are simply not wearable. Which sucks. It's hard enough finding amazing clothing that I really like, finding something I like, that looks terrible, because it was made for someone with B+ cup size, is even worse.

B.) Appearance. Simply put, women have breasts. While I'm very thin, so having a small cup size isn't the end of the world in my appearance while wearing clothing, as I can wear a padded bra, and clothing choices that work without any breasts. When i'm not clothed, it does make me self-concious. Regardless of i'm with a guy or not at the time.

C.) Looking more my age. I joke with my friends that I have the body of a 16 year old, which is pretty much true. I never got any hips, and I never got any boobs. While some guys may find that attractive, personally, I want to look like a woman in her 20's. Not a teenager.

I could give several more... But those are my top 3. Is it the end of the world if I don't get a breast aug? No. Would I like one? Absoluteley.

MiCHiE

Yeah, that is a lot of "What If's", especially if you're 16-17, but hey....that's life.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
fake breasts look horrible anyway.

Really depends on who you go too, and how large of an agumentation you get vs your previous cup size.

If your going to one of those "radio specials" places, yeh, your probably not going to get an amazing result for a breast aug for 2999.99. If you want good results you have to do the research, and expect to pay around 10k, for a surgeon with a good reputation and who does quality work.

Raerae

Quote:
Yeah, that is a lot of "What If's", especially if you're 16-17, but hey....that's life.

By that same reasoning, you can always get the removed if you suddenly develop DD's later.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
Well personally I think all plastic surgery is really tragic.

Whats tragic about it?

I always find it funny how the people who are against it, really put down those who are considering or have gotten it.

Whats tragic about someone boosting their self esteem and feeling better about how they look?

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC is love
I just don't understand why so many people are into having plastic surgery like it's no big deal.

It's not a big deal, thats probably why.

MAC is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
It's not a big deal, thats probably why.

Well, not to you. To me it is, I think any kind of surgery is a big deal. Many people don't see it that way. Meh...idk. :confused:

MAC is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I went from a B to a D cup from high school until now and I developed curves. Getting implants is unsettling, because your body may still not be settled.

When I graduated from high school, I'd rather have the money for any kind of surgery for bigger necessities for colleg: computer, book money, spending money so I wouldn't have to work, etc.

I totally agree with you. Personally, I would much rather go out and spend it on like a wardrobe for college or something. When my sister got her nose done, she told my dad that she didn't want a CAR, that she wanted her nose done. She got the car anyway a year later, but I would just much rather use the money for something else. To each their own, though.
lol.gif

Raerae

Quote:
I totally agree with you. Personally, I would much rather go out and spend it on like a wardrobe for college or something. When my sister got her nose done, she told my dad that she didn't want a CAR, that she wanted her nose done. She got the car anyway a year later, but I would just much rather use the money for something else. To each their own, though.
lol.gif

lol way to work the parents
winks.gif

Was she glad she did her surgery?

Raerae

Quote:
Well, not to you. To me it is, I think any kind of surgery is a big deal. Many people don't see it that way. Meh...idk. :confused:

Thats because for the most part, they are fairly safe. Yes, there are possible complications, but everything in life has possible comlpications. It's probably just as dangerious to get on the freeway, as it is to get surgery. If anything, the freeway is probably more dangerious. And if your going to the right surgeon, and doing your research, and not cutting costs, you can have a safe and pleasing result.

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Whats tragic about it?

I always find it funny how the people who are against it, really put down those who are considering or have gotten it.

Whats tragic about someone boosting their self esteem and feeling better about how they look?

I just think it's really expensive and shallow.

little teaser

i personaly dont see anything wrong with a lil plastic surgery i do however think some people get addicted and are extreme and they look bad.
i have had a boob job going on 9 years now and i love them and have zero regrets im even considering getting them replace with silicone implants because they look and feel more natural but when i got mine that wasnt an option for me..
plastic surgery is a personal choice that only the person getting it should make, if your against it for whatever reason then thats your choice.