Please Ask All Pro Card and Pro Discount Questions Here

Mac-Guy

I would add tear sheets and/or call lists as proof that you are a working MUA. Good luck!

Quote:Originally Posted by BeautyMarkedx

Hey guys, I'm sure lots of you are sick of answering these questions but hopefully someone on here can help me..

I'm applying for my Pro card soon, but I've heard the rules are getting a lot stricter... do you think my certificate in makeup artistry and business card (inc. a link to my portfolio site) will do? Should I add something else?

MakeUpwithTraci

I mailed my MAC Pro Card Application on July 10, 2012. After reading their application processing time, I was more than confident I would get my card in a timely manner (more than enough time to purchase my student kit). Well after almost 2 weeks of waiting I couldnt take it any more and called the 1-877 number and was told that I wasn't in the system, meaning I wasn't denied, I just wasn't approved either. After reading on this site, I got the fax number and faxed my creditials at 9:20am EST and would you believe I recieved a call from a MAC Pro Rep at 11:44am EST stating that they are going to expedite my application and I can call the 1-800 number and place my order!! I am doing the happy dance right about now!!
yahoo.gif
sweet.png

glammdoll

Hi, I'm so new with this plz forgive me this question have been asked b4..I am a beginner / trying to be a makeup artist..and would love to get the makeup for ever backstage card..what r the requirements to get one..can anyone apply for plz plz help..thnx

Amanlovex

I want to apply for a Mac Pro Card, the only i.d i got is a business card
can some one tell me what a Comp Card is..and how i can make one.
Also if i send a Business card and Comp card in as Id, Do you think i would get the Mac pro card?

LET ME KNOW ASAP !!! Thank you
peace2.gif

Dedqw3434

So to renew do they contact you to let you know it's time? Just haven't hit renewal time yet and was wondering. Thanks
sigh.gif

jaeljasmine

I want to apply for a Mac Pro Card, the only i.d i got is a  business card can some one tell me what a Comp Card is..and how i can make one. Also if i send a Business card and Comp card in as Id, Do you think i would get the Mac pro card? LET ME KNOW ASAP !!! Thank you :peace:  
I made my comp cards on vistaprint. And you need government issued ID. So no, those two things won't count as ID. You need to send a drivers license or ID card or passport in as ID.

Honi

I just have a quick question, why is there two different categories when it comes to Mac pro? I have a Mac pro prefferred customer card which gives me the same discount as Mac Pro cards (Makeup Artists etc). I thought it was just so it was easier to administer the categories, am i right or is there a completely different set up for these categories?

breatheonbeat

as a photographer, what sorts of things should i send in?
would my art degree from my college and a business card work as proof of profession? and then i guess my license? i am freelance, so i'm not employed by a magazine or something
sorry if this has been asked!

Mac-Guy

as a photographer, what sorts of things should i send in?
would my art degree from my college and a business card work as proof of profession? and then i guess my license? i am freelance, so i'm not employed by a magazine or something
sorry if this has been asked!
As a photographer you should send in editorial pages/publications with name credit. A college degree is not sufficient (otherwise a lot of people were eligible ;-)

dallasashley

So here's a question. I was going through the requirements for the pro card because I plan on applying after getting my esthetics license and using my license as one of the requirements and making business cards as my second requirement. But the website says that you can also use a "Professional Letter of Reference of Employment". What I'm wondering is could a person who does makeup at a counter qualify? A friend in my esthetics class works at the Lancome counter and I was wondering if she could use that? Just curious if anyone has tried that or not and if it's worked? TIA.

Hey ladies!
I've seen many girls on instagram get approved for a MAC pro card recently using a comp card & business card.
However, I was told by a fellow makeup artist that business cards are no longer being accepted.
Does anyone know if that is true? I'd really love to get my pro card since I spend so much already at mac for my kit.
Help please! :/

mimilainna

Okay I used to know this, back when I had Mac Pro but I've since been stocking my kit with other things. I'm considering paying for the membership again but I'd like to know how much you'd have to spend to make the discount worth the membership fees. I can't recall how to calculate it. Sorry if this an obvious answer lol

erine1881

So here's a question. I was going through the requirements for the pro card because I plan on applying after getting my esthetics license and using my license as one of the requirements and making business cards as my second requirement. But the website says that you can also use a "Professional Letter of Reference of Employment". What I'm wondering is could a person who does makeup at a counter qualify? A friend in my esthetics class works at the Lancome counter and I was wondering if she could use that? Just curious if anyone has tried that or not and if it's worked? TIA.
If she applied using an esthetician reference, she would fall under one category, and if she were to apply using a makeup artist reference, she would fall under a different category. All references need to fall under the same category.
[COLOR=181818]Hey ladies! [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I've seen many girls on instagram get approved for a MAC pro card recently using a comp card & business card.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]However, I was told by a fellow makeup artist that business cards are no longer being accepted. [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Does anyone know if that is true? I'd really love to get my pro card since I spend so much already at mac for my kit. [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Help please! :/[/COLOR]
https://www.maccosmetics.com/macpro/cms/membership/howtoapply.tmpl
Okay I used to know this, back when I had Mac Pro but I've since been stocking my kit with other things. I'm considering paying for the membership again but I'd like to know how much you'd have to spend to make the discount worth the membership fees. I can't recall how to calculate it. Sorry if this an obvious answer lol
It depends on what discount category you fall under, and what and whether you apply for the 1yr or the 2yr. Either way, you could easily save the membership fee in your first order. It's not that hard to do.