Please Ask All Pro Card and Pro Discount Questions Here

mrsdivajen

I just got a job at a salon part time doing makeup...is it true that if I have a business card and reference letter from the salong I can get a MAC Pro card? What kinds of benefits do you get with that? Just wondering...

martygreene

The PPID program is a paid-membership program exclusively available to industry professionals -- makeup artists, cosmetologists, stylists, models, performers, etc. You can pick up an application at any freestanding or Pro store, or ask for one through the 1-800 number.

To qualify for the program, you must submit the application with $35, a copy of your photo ID, and two forms of proof of your industry profession that have your name and the profession listed (like a composite card, business card, cosmetology diploma and/or license, contract, program, etc.). The full list of documents is on the application. You can mail all of this to MAC or drop it off at a freestanding store for them to mail in. A few weeks later, you should hear back.

The benefits of the program include a discount on purchases made through the 1-800 number or freestanding/Pro stores (but NOT at counters or on the website) -- makeup artists get 40% off and all other professions get 30% off (department store exclusives and some special items like sets and kits may be excluded from the discount). Members are also eligible to attend "masters classes" and product preview events for professionals, to get discounts on selected industry publications, and to view the password-protected PPID website (which, for what it's worth, has not been updated in regards to product in years). The membership is annually renewable.

If you qualify for the program, it's got some great offerings for industry pros. However, if you don't live near any stores it can be a waste -- unless you're going to order EVERYTHING over the phone, you won't be able to use your discount when you go shopping, and you won't be able to take advantage of the member events that take place at stores. You want to make sure that you're going to make up for the membership cost, too, with the purchases you make.

mrsdivajen

Thanks! Yeah, I have an application here, but I don't live near a freestanding store so I guess it wouldn't do me any good...I'll keep it around just incase though. Thanks for the info!

KIT

they just took out the money in my account.
I cant wait to get my card!!!!!!!! im going to be really in debt now.hehehehhe

Thumper

From what I've heard it sounds like it might be possible that within the next year or even six months the MAC PRO Membership discount may available online (the PRO site -- not the regular site) for members to purchase product. I do know that the PRO site is being completely revamped over the next 3 or 4 months.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
From what I've heard it sounds like it might be possible that within the next year or even six months the MAC PRO Membership discount may available online (the PRO site -- not the regular site) for members to purchase product. I do know that the PRO site is being completely revamped over the next 3 or 4 months.

Thank goodness! LOL

I'm not near a pro store but we have alot of freestanding stores here.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdivajen
Thanks! Yeah, I have an application here, but I don't live near a freestanding store so I guess it wouldn't do me any good...I'll keep it around just incase though. Thanks for the info!

you can always orde via phone. :p

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdivajen

You can send in your application, and order via the phone.

Tara

this may be a stupid question but for the discount is it on each item or the total??

Thanks
Tara

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
this may be a stupid question but for the discount is it on each item or the total??

Thanks
Tara

I believe it's the total purchase.

martygreene

Total, which is the same as each item really. Think about it- it I were buying a $30 item, a $5 item, and a $20 item:

40% off each item would be:
18+3+12=33

40% off each item would be:
30+5+20-40%=33

Tara

Thanks!
smiles.gif

Tara

PrettyKitty

I had mine after 4 weeks, but I send it directly to the MAC pro store so it was quick. It can take 4 to 6 weeks.

waybehind

This is something I'll never understand... They charged my card on the same day I faxed in my application... so why the 4 week wait?

I don't get it... LOL =)

martygreene

They probably send the cards out in waves, which allows them to use bulk business mailing rates. They also need to make the actual card.

PrettyKitty

I agree with what martygreene said; They need to do the card (Its not a paper card!), and to send it. They probably have a lot to do.

allie02044

as soon as i saw the charge on my cc, i had the pro card w-in 10 days. it took probably about 2 weeks for my credit card to be charged.

waybehind

I knew they didn't need 4 weeks... I submitted my application last Friday, my card was charged the same day, and the card was in my mailbox today. One week. They rock. =)

Maybe they have a new system? Or faxes/charges are just quicker? Either way, they're doing a great job!