Please Ask All Pro Card and Pro Discount Questions Here

martygreene

I don't know where my card is at the moment, but I don't recall it having a magnetic strip in the past... but then I could just be losing my mind. I've always used mine manually, and it's just fine. You should be fine using your card.

Yes, you can use the card on the traincase.

bluegrassbabe

Can MAC pro members use their discount on the premade quads?

I have never found a clear answer about this. I am seriously lemming the new NE quads. TIA

eyeshadowfreak

Pro Card and Spending

I have a question for those ladies with pro cards.

Do you use it for everything you buy or only for big purchases?

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get through the year with that $1500 limit! I'm thinking I probably won't use it if I only need one or two things...

What do you do?

martygreene

Since it can only be used via the phone or at MAC freestanding/pro stores, a good number of small purchases are without the discount.

caffn8me

I haven't seen any reference to a $1500 annual limit - where did you get that from? I can't see that limit anywhere on the M·A·C Pro website nor in my membership booklet. $1,500 a year isn't very much for a professional makeup artist to spend on products in the course of a year.

I use my card for everything as I have freestanding and Pro stores within easy reach of where I live.

eyeshadowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I haven't seen any reference to a $1500 annual limit - where did you get that from? I can't see that limit anywhere on the M·A·C Pro website nor in my membership booklet. $1,500 a year isn't very much for a professional makeup artist to spend on products in the course of a year.

I use my card for everything as I have freestanding and Pro stores within easy reach of where I live.

son_risa mentioned it in an LJ post, something about how she hit her limit at $1500 (after discount) for the year. Like Hikaru-chan said, UK might not have a limit. I'd be thrilled if it turned out there is no limit!

I've got easy access to 3 free-standing stores - the only thing I'd be ordering is Pro products.

eyeshadowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Son_Risa is a MAC MA, it's not the same rules.

I didn't think of that - I suppose they have a limit because of the gratis they get.

Thanks everyone
smiles.gif

bluegrassbabe

I buy a few things without my card. It's because I only have a counter in my town, and not a store. I buy with out my card when shipping is too much for just one item. I spend about $150-200 a month on products. No one has ever mentioned a limit to me.

MEloveMAC

You're so lucky you have a PRO card, I wish I had one :\ But anyways, if you're practicing Cosmetology would you be able to apply for a PPID card?

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEloveMAC
You're so lucky you have a PRO card, I wish I had one :\ But anyways, if you're practicing Cosmetology would you be able to apply for a PPID card?

The FAQ should help you with that: http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25432

As for the OP, you might try calling MAC and asking for a replacement card. Maybe yours got too close to something magnetic and messed up the strip. They replace for free.