Please Ask All Pro Card and Pro Discount Questions Here

pale blue

They probably wouldn't email the number to you, but give them a call...it can't hurt. At least before 5pm est before they close
smiles.gif

FlaLadyB

MAC Pro card

On the website it says you have to be in the industry to get a card. It also asks that you submit proof.. Can you get one and not be in the industry..aka...MA, etc that they list. ?????

onzgurl

Pro Membership-checking ID at store?

Hi... My cousin has a MAC PRO membership and I was wondering if I could use it as well. He barely uses it and is too busy to buy MAC stuff for me. Do you know if they check your ID when you use it at the freestanding stores or the counters? Thanks :confused:

lah_knee

yes they do. they dont want people sharing the discount so of course they check. and they are getting EXTREMELY strict on their policies.

lara

I finally got my pro card!

30% discount, here I come!
th_worship.gif

Also, big love to my DH - he bought me the Deneuve 182, and I didn't even ask for it!
greengrin.gif
Bless him, there's nothing more lovely than a partner who not just tolerates, but encourages my brush obsession. heh

brandi

yay! you got he 182! hahaha well just wondering but what did you send in to get your pro card?

Gisselle

How long did it take to get your card? (from the time you mailed in your app until you actually got your card in the mail)

mspixieears

I'm too happy to be jealous for you! Though I want to be jealous for you! Though I may try applying for one later in the year when I have (self-)published a zine I'm working on.

What a sweet partner you have!

PrettyKitty

Yes I agree, they do it now... Yesterday, they asked to see my driving license. They said they were sorry to do this, but they doesn't have the choice because there is too much people using the card of someone else. I personally think that it's a good thing.

lara

I was just going to get a student card (I've gone back to make-up college to finally go legit), but the store gal took my business card, my ABN details and a client letter and put me down for pro instead. It took about a month, but that's considering that I live in Australia and it may have been sent overseas for processing.
smiles.gif

I'm a seriously lucky gal. I buy him boating gear for fun, he buys me MAC.
greengrin.gif

MAC_addict_77

IMO, I think it is wrong to use somebody elses card. I see so many people doing this, just look how much pro stuff is being sold on ebay! If you really want things from the pro store you can always pay the full price. Before you know it this will get out of hand and they will either raise the prices or take the cards away. BTW, I DON'T have a card.

martygreene

from the MAC PRO FAQ in the FAQ forum:
Quote:
Can a MAC PRO Membership card be used to purchase gifts? Can I lend it to my friend?
Membership, and the special privileges assoicated with it may only be used by the individual to whom the membership is issued. Products purchased by PPID cardholders are for personal and professional use only, and my not be resold under any circumstances. PPID membership cards are non-transferrable.

annrose

I just got my card in January...out of the six times I've used it, only one SA has asked me. But maybe that's because they already know me since I'm there all the time...? Oh, and I used it once at the Pro store and was not asked for ID there either.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_addict_77
IMO, I think it is wrong to use somebody elses card. I see so many people doing this, just look how much pro stuff is being sold on ebay! If you really want things from the pro store you can always pay the full price. Before you know it this will get out of hand and they will either raise the prices or take the cards away. BTW, I DON'T have a card.

i completely agree with this, and i DON'T have a card either, nor do i qualify for one at the moment. frankly, MAC prices aren't that bad as it is, especially compared to other high-end cosmetics companies, and the discount is something meant to honor people within the profession. its like trying to use your friends' employee discount, which at most retail stores that i've worked at, is grounds for termination. when i went to the LA pro store, there was a lady standing outside waving her card around, offering to buy stuff for a slight fee, until the manager came out and "asked to speak with her". i actually thought it was semi-amusing.

pinkfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
when i went to the LA pro store, there was a lady standing outside waving her card around, offering to buy stuff for a slight fee, until the manager came out and "asked to speak with her". i actually thought it was semi-amusing.

I wonder if they took her card away ... I also know people who work at MAC who buy with their discount for their friends .. I was offered this but turned it down, 60% is nice but I didnt want to ruin my pro card status by having someone find out and my card getting taken away just for a few extra bucks off . With EL you just never know what they will do... anyway some people there do it a lot with their employee discount as well...which is wrong.

pinkfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
I was just going to get a student card (I've gone back to make-up college to finally go legit), but the store gal took my business card, my ABN details and a client letter and put me down for pro instead. It took about a month, but that's considering that I live in Australia and it may have been sent overseas for processing.
smiles.gif

I'm a seriously lucky gal. I buy him boating gear for fun, he buys me MAC.
greengrin.gif

You were put down as a MA yet you only get 30% ? Usually MA's get 40% off..is it different due to being outside USA ?

lara

Yeah, the discounts are different everywhere. Student is 10% and pro is 30%.

Then again, MAC is effing expensive outside of Canada/US, so every little bit helps.
smiles.gif

MAC_addict_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet
I wonder if they took her card away ... I also know people who work at MAC who buy with their discount for their friends .. I was offered this but turned it down, 60% is nice but I didnt want to ruin my pro card status by having someone find out and my card getting taken away just for a few extra bucks off . With EL you just never know what they will do... anyway some people there do it a lot with their employee discount as well...which is wrong.

Good for you
smiles.gif