Plucking Eyebrows!!

user6

type.gif
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate plucking their eyebrows?! I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the result, but I HATE doing it.....my eyes tear up
cry.gif
and my skin turns red
blush-anim-cl.gif
, and sometimes I mess up
angry.gif
.....I don't know, since High School I would go and get my eyebrows threaded, but now that I'm actually doing it myself (nowhere around here to get 'em threaded), it freakin' hurts! and I don't like it!! What's your guys' consensus??? :lamer:

user6

....of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
no pain, no gain
tong.gif

Yes, this is true, but it doesn't mean you have to like it, right?! lol, anybody know of any places in Texas to get their eyebrows threaded?!

Temptasia

I've been plucking strays since I was 16....I guess it's been so long that I no longer feel any pain.

Good thing full brows are acceptable these days...I don't have to deviate from my natural shape much.

Wattage

Yeah I never feel any pain - and I love it, too!! I plunk myself on the counter with my feet in the sink and go-at'er.

Then again, I am quite compulsive about them
winks.gif

hyperRealGurl

Lol i actually LOVE!!!!! tweezing my brows. Im just strange like that i guess. Not only do i love doing my own i love tweezing my friends brows too.

misslilith

I dont have problems doing it by myself but I hate it how the cosmetician does it. It hurts a lot and my eyes start to cry every time.
If I had the possibility I would get them waxed because it looks so clean.

Jaim

Sometimes it's painless and other times I pluck a few hairs and yell something awful (think of the waxing scene with Steve Carell in the 40 Year-Old Virgin, hahaha)" but the end result is great.

moonrevel

I used to dread it so I would just go and get them waxed. However, after three bad waxing experiences in a row, I just surrendered myself to the tweezers. I think once I got over hating doing it so much, it went a lot easier.

user6

I don't know, I just miss getting them threaded.....has anyone ever had their eyebrows threaded?

I absolutely loved it, and I had it done 2X a month for 4 years, but then I moved away, and now that ship has sailed......and I just can't get over the pain!!! argh!!!! oh well, I guess I'll get used to it, but argh!!!! lol

litlaur

check out Citysearch if you're in/near a large city, for example, houston.citysearch.com (cityname.citysearch.com)

There's a "Spa & Beauty" section you can browse, or just type threading in the search bar.

Eoraptor

I hate it too, medicredfearn. Twice a week I sit down to my makeup mirror for an hour of pain. But I feel terrible if my brows are messy, so it's worth it. I just don't feel right wearing eyeshadow with messy brows. It's like I don't deserve to look pretty if I haven't done my part of the work. haha

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
has anyone ever had their eyebrows threaded?

no, but I want to try it real bad! It looks fun.

I love tweezing! I am happiest with tweezers in hand. I tweeze my entire upper lip and eyebrow area. Good stuff. It's not painful for me at all. It's oddly satisfying. I have a pair in every room and at work. (But not the car, that would be dangerous!)

werd.gif
for some, but it looks like I have people who share my fasination.

Oh and since we are on the topic - chickens get plucked, women tweeze. There is a difference!
greengrin.gif
Not trying to sound bitchy, I cringe when I hear the work pluck cause it sounds barbaric and chicken like. lol

Jennifer Mcfly

i've been tweezing since i can remember and have always hated it! i've tried the orajel trick and no dice mamma, doesn't numb it at all for me. that's why the past two years i've just been waxing mine. i hate tweezing that much, yes i do!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
I don't know, I just miss getting them threaded.....has anyone ever had their eyebrows threaded?

I absolutely loved it, and I had it done 2X a month for 4 years, but then I moved away, and now that ship has sailed......and I just can't get over the pain!!! argh!!!! oh well, I guess I'll get used to it, but argh!!!! lol

I have and I loved the look of it but it hurt like hell. But if I could find a place to get it done I could deal with the pain.

Jaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoraptor
I just don't feel right wearing eyeshadow with messy brows. It's like I don't deserve to look pretty if I haven't done my part of the work. haha

Haha, I like how you put that! Tweezing my brows is like a makeover for me. I feel so good after!

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I have and I loved the look of it but it hurt like hell. But if I could find a place to get it done I could deal with the pain.

Isn't it awesome? I love the fact that you don't even tell them how you want them, they just look at your face and do what they want! It's so great, less thinking for me!! Yay!! lol
graucho.gif
does this smiley look like a unibrow, or what?!