Plucking Eyebrows!!

joytheobscure

I used to hate it and went bushy, but I do it regularly and it doesn't hurt as much as it did, but I also usually soak them, or do them right after a bath and that helps with the pain. Speaking of which, I need to pluck tonight.

lightnlovly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
Lol i actually LOVE!!!!! tweezing my brows. Im just strange like that i guess. Not only do i love doing my own i love tweezing my friends brows too.

I feel ya...I LOVE it!!!! My roommate (well squater--he sleeps on my couch) Always laughs cuz I'm forever pluckin my eyebrows--I doesn't hurt at all anymore. He should be worried cuz he is next!!!!
lol.gif

BinkysBaby

Plucking doesn't hurt anymore for me. I've been plucking so long, I don't think that I have any pain receptors there anymore. I've had my eyebrows threaded a few times and the last time was an absolute trauma. Mind you, the place I had to go to was in Los Angeles and I lived 200 miles from there so I grew my eyebrows so that when I went to L.A., I would be ready to be beautified. Lo and behold this lady screwed my eyebrows up so badly, I cried for about an hour. Since then, I have not let anyone do my eyebrows. It's not that I do a great job but if they're going to be screwed up, I'm want to be the one to do it!!

caffn8me

I guess I'm one of those "where there's no sense, there's no feeling" sort of folks. I've never found plucking my eyebrows to be painful. If you find plucking really hurts you can numb the area first with an ice cube.

ShirleyK

Good time to pluck your brows are:

1. Pluck after you had your period, don't pluck your brow a week before your period or while you have your period... it really hurts...

2. Pluck after you had your shower, because our skin pore still in relax and soft condition...

Shimmer

I wax mine and just introduced my darling c hild to the world of having her brows waxed.
lol.gif

but...I'm letting mine grow out from having been messed up, and it takes for. ev. er.
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
Plucking doesn't hurt anymore for me. I've been plucking so long, I don't think that I have any pain receptors there anymore. I've had my eyebrows threaded a few times and the last time was an absolute trauma. Mind you, the place I had to go to was in Los Angeles and I lived 200 miles from there so I grew my eyebrows so that when I went to L.A., I would be ready to be beautified. Lo and behold this lady screwed my eyebrows up so badly, I cried for about an hour. Since then, I have not let anyone do my eyebrows. It's not that I do a great job but if they're going to be screwed up, I'm want to be the one to do it!!

lol, that's too funny! on the other hand, i think if i screwed up my own eyebrows, i'd be more mad at myself and wish that i'd opted to get them done! lol

Hey shimmer, doesn't that hurt? I just got my home wax kit in the mail and i'm soooo afraid to use it on my eyebrows......what do you do?

xstephax

i find extreme happiness in tweezing my brows. i have no idea why. but i love it. and i get upset when there's nothing left to tweeze.

yeah, i really need to find a new hobby...

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstephax
i find extreme happiness in tweezing my brows. i have no idea why. but i love it. and i get upset when there's nothing left to tweeze.

yeah, i really need to find a new hobby...

That's too funny! But hey, atleast it's not a hobby that'll kill ya, right?

Raerae

lol...

tweezers are like my best friend... i think i'm so used to it that nothing hurts getting tweezed anymore...

I tweeze daily in the morning after my shower. Dark hair... Blonde hair... They all gotta go...

I am guilty of overtweazing though LOL... And it's SO hard to not wanna pluck when things start to re-grow in the messed up area...

And i'm so not on the bushy brow bandwagon... I think thats more from being lazy than anything else...

Edit:
Heh... I had never heard of threading, until this thread! LOL Sorry, couldn't resist the pun, haha =P

So i googled it...

I so wanna try this... I think I'm gonna grab my Mom who has bushy brow syndrome, and we can go get our brows threaded LOL... I'm really intrigued! HAHA!

Thanks Specktra lots of <3

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
lol...

Heh... I had never heard of threading, until this thread! LOL Sorry, couldn't resist the pun, haha =P

So i googled it...

I so wanna try this... I think I'm gonna grab my Mom who has bushy brow syndrome, and we can go get our brows threaded LOL... I'm really intrigued! HAHA!

Thanks Specktra lots of <3

Haha! Cute Pun, and also, you are going to loooooooooove getting your eyebrows threaded! It kinda feels like rug burn the first time, but then they put this lotion on you, and it smells citrusy and then all is well! lol

I used to get mine threaded at Ziva's and all the females there are absolutely fantastic! After a couple of times, the tears stop flowing, and the result is always beautiful! I hope you and your mom have fun, and please let us know how it goes!!!!!

mzcelaneous

I tolerate pain well so I just pluck away! However, I will never ever let anyone touch my 'brows anymore since the first & only time I let an aesthetician do it, she made me look excited (read: rainbow-arched eyebrows). I guess if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself.

If the pain bugs you, try plucking after taking a shower & try numbing the area with ice. That's what I do with my fiance. Before me, he had a terrible unibrow LOL. I can't believe that it still grows out all bushy after 6+ years.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
Haha! Cute Pun, and also, you are going to loooooooooove getting your eyebrows threaded! It kinda feels like rug burn the first time, but then they put this lotion on you, and it smells citrusy and then all is well! lol

I used to get mine threaded at Ziva's and all the females there are absolutely fantastic! After a couple of times, the tears stop flowing, and the result is always beautiful! I hope you and your mom have fun, and please let us know how it goes!!!!!

Yeh i gotta find a place in SoCal, I'm sure there are plenty heh...

I'm not really worried about the pain. I think i tweezed my sense of feeling out of my eyebrows already LOL.

user6

Quote:
Yeh i gotta find a place in SoCal, I'm sure there are plenty heh...

I'm not really worried about the pain. I think i tweezed my sense of feeling out of my eyebrows already LOL.

oh, ziva's is in socal! I'm from los angeles! it's in Norwalk or Cerritos! They do an awesome job, and it's only like $8 (atleast last time I went). Hope this helps!!!!!!

jessiekins1

i've been tweezing since i was 16(i'm 28 now.) and it's gotten easier every year. i enjoy it and i love the result. i've had me brows waxed every so often and it hurts a little more than tweezing. but again, the end result is sooo worth it. here's what i do the ease hair removal in the brow area:

have a hot shower.
cleanse and exfoliate in the shower
when you get out, lay a really hot wash cloth over your brows for 5 mins.
spray toner on your face.
tweeze your brows. re-do the hot cloth and toner if you have a lot to do.
wash face with cool water.
tone and moisturize.
done. :thumbsup:

encore.gif

that's what i do everytime and it's so easy and pain-free.

Raerae

Quote:
oh, ziva's is in socal! I'm from los angeles! it's in Norwalk or Cerritos! They do an awesome job, and it's only like $8 (atleast last time I went). Hope this helps!!!!!!

Do they have a website? I coulnd't locate anything when I googled Ziva's.

user6

Quote:
Do they have a website? I coulnd't locate anything when I googled Ziva's.

aw man, ok, sorry i was misspelling it! it took me 10 minutes to find it, but here is their website, and apparently since i've been gone (6 years), they have other locations!!!! So that's even better, cause you can find the one closest to you!! I hope this works out for you, just go to the site and click on 'contact us' to see their locations!!!

http://www.zibabeauty.com/html/

Raerae

Quote:
aw man, ok, sorry i was misspelling it! it took me 10 minutes to find it, but here is their website, and apparently since i've been gone (6 years), they have other locations!!!! So that's even better, cause you can find the one closest to you!! I hope this works out for you, just go to the site and click on 'contact us' to see their locations!!!

http://www.zibabeauty.com/html/

Yeh those are all around me hehe, thanks!

tokyo_juliet

I've been plucking my eyebrows for a few years now and I'm used to doing it. It hurt so much when I first started but the pain went away after a while. All I have to say is that the pain goes away once you've been doing it long enough. I'd rather pluck my eyebrows and get good end results than waste about 10-20 dollars getting them done by someone else. But then again, I like to spend my money wisely.