Plus sized clothing in US

Goat Goat Etc.

I got some nice clothes in Macy's in New York long time ago. All the big department stores have plus sizes.
That's because you were in New York, and I'm assuming it was the really big one that is a whole block right? God, if I film myself going through a Macys in Texas. The Plus size section is a "WOMANS" section and everything in it looks like you're going to a retirement home prom.

Beryl

That's because you were in New York, and I'm assuming it was the really big one that is a whole block right? God, if I film myself going through a Macys in Texas. The Plus size section is a "WOMANS" section and everything in it looks like you're going to a retirement home prom.
I was there in 1981 ! And yes it was the big Macy's whole block. My first travel in NY a long time ago.

ladymeag

Is it just me or is there another lull in plus-size fashion, again? It seemed like for a little while there we had a lot of indie designers and lines popping up, some mid-range lines that weren't owned by Charming Shoppes or Lane Bryant or absorbed into the OneStopPlus Redcats mess. Now, I feel like I'm back to the same four options and am missing the more fashionable looks. Mid-winter slump or bigger trend in plus sizes?

Goat Goat Etc.

So seems City Chic Online has created a section for stuff so out of season and unmoving it cannot be in the sale section anymore. They're calling it "The Outlet."

Snagged this dress that was around for a short time during the holidays and it appears to be back in full stock for $29.99 today! My first little red dress! I feel like I have lovely date nights coming up in February can't wait to break it out!

Goat Goat Etc.

Is it just me or is there another lull in plus-size fashion, again? It seemed like for a little while there we had a lot of indie designers and lines popping up, some mid-range lines that weren't owned by Charming Shoppes or Lane Bryant or absorbed into the OneStopPlus Redcats mess. Now, I feel like I'm back to the same four options and am missing the more fashionable looks. Mid-winter slump or bigger trend in plus sizes?
I've been clueless if we have.

Goat Goat Etc.

Where are you finding your inspired, fashion-forward clothes these days, if I may ask? I'm wondering if I'm just missing somewhere great to shop in the US24-range. :)
I'm hope I'm not giving the impression that my closet is brimming but there are clothes on the floor, so I guess that makes me a clothes mini-pony? lol. In all honesty, CC makes up 40% of my closet, torrid follows with 20% and the rest is a mismash of things from Target, Walmart, Forever21, online plus retailers I hear about through bloggers, Bargain shops, and thrifting goodwill or my mom's closet. The only inspired pieces I have are ones I've DIY'd honestly. I bleached a black V-neck from my fashion organization on campus, removed the bodice from an 80s style dress I had sworn to hem the skirt of but did not, and a pair of dark wash high-high waisted jeans that I converted into a long skirt that I then bleached. I feel unique as long as it is something no one else has or is wearing. I tend to layer a lot and have tons of accessories that change my look.

Goat Goat Etc.

Have I ever remarked on how warm and soft We Love Colors tights are? I wear C/D in the Nylon/ Lycra tights. They come all the way up. My thighs are not a stopping point lol. Bazillions of colors too! I really wish they would get the printed tights and lycra ones in plus sizes, ugh.
Source: http://www.welovecolors.com/Shop/PlusSizeNylonLycraTights.htm#

Goat Goat Etc.

Got an email saying City Chic was now available online through Nordstrom! Interesting development! Some of the items on the Nordies site are discounted when they are not on the CC site too.

Prettypackages

now tht is interesting...

I kinda feel duped/misled by eloquii... still can't wait to try their new stuff. hopefully the quality is better.

Goat Goat Etc.

How did this skip my mind? I WON this swimsuit!!! I haven't had a good swimsuit in years!!

It shipped yesterday! I'm so over the moon! I'll have something awesome to wear for spring break!

Goat Goat Etc.

Source: http://jezebel.com/the-mysterious-disappearance-of-targets-plus-size-sect-1535188141

I do not shop Target's plus size line but Jezebel posted that the Target plus size line has all gone on clearance and that they're revamping it.

DarylandCarole

If you're looking for some boho plus-sized clothes AND you can spend some money, Free People is great. They don't have plus sizes, but their clothes run so large that you can find a lot of things that fit. They have very casual items and very nice evening dresses, too. Www.freepeople.com

Latest posts