• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Pomps, pomps, and...quiffs?

freaksinunif0rm

Hello!

This is a tutorial for my pomp:

DSC03954.jpg

Edit: This is a better picture.
DSC04091.jpg

However, in this tutorial, the pomp is smaller compared to my other pomps (or would it be a quiff?), cause it's kind of hard taking pictures while putting your hair up (hairspray dries!).

1. Gather your tools.
DSC03975.jpg

Ignore the old brush. Basically, all you need is some hair spray (STRONG HOLD!), bobby pins (two or three is all you really need), and a brush.

2. Plain ugly hair
DSC03976.jpg

3. Grab the section of your hair that you would like in the pomp
DSC03979.jpg

4. Hairspray the heck out of the back and backcomb like crazy
DSC03980.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...d/DSC03981.jpg
4. Now spray and comb the front
DSC03982.jpg

5. It should look like this, now.
DSC03983.jpg

6. "Twist" your hair a bit to ensure all your hair will stay in the pomp (Actually, I just have extremely uneven hair XD)
DSC03985.jpg

7. Bring the twist down and push forward. The farther you push it, the higher the pomp.
DSC03986.jpg

8. Pin it down with bobby pins. I used three. Two to keep it down, one for the strays.
DSC03988.jpg

9. It'll look kind of messy...so respray the front, and CAREFULLY comb.

I find that shaping with your hand is easier.
DSC03995.jpg

10. Finish it off by teasing your hair, backcombing the crown of your head.
DSC04001.jpg

VOILA!

You are officially done!

Basically, all you do is grab, twist, and push forward...then pin it down.
Usually, I don't use hairspray because I have PE
and changing ruins my hair (or makeup...whichever I decide to sacrifice). Decorate your hair and have fun!

You can also do this with bangs by following the same steps while leaving your fringe alone.

Yes, it's that simple!

Hope this helps a tad :].

-carmen

Kim.

Thank you so much I love this and BTW I love the red lips and the matching nails!

mzreyes

yay someone finally did a tut for this! this is so cute on you
greengrin.gif
i always leave my bangs out of it though. i need them to cover my HUGE forehead.
tong.gif

Janice

I can only imagine how hard it was to compose those images properly while trying to keep your hair doing what it is your trying to illustrate. Thanks for taking the time to make this!
thmbup.gif

Femme

hah this is exactly what i do
smiles.gif

what lipstick did you use in the first pic? it's absolutely lovley

ilovexnerdsx

thank you SOOO much for posting this! i've always wanted to know how to do this and your tut is very helpful. thanks!
greengrin.gif

chazza

this is amazing and looks awesome. you look reaaallly cute and adorable in the first pic! i love your pixie-like features and face shape!

eighmii

A quiff is a like a male psychobilly/rockabilly hairstyle. Its like the guy version of a pomp. Their head is shaved like a mohawk except only on top and the front is longer than the back.

Your pomp looks good! Everyone used to think it was ugly.. but now everybody does them! I do pomps all the time. I do mine big too.

aimeemakeup3.jpg

freaksinunif0rm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighmii
A quiff is a like a male psychobilly/rockabilly hairstyle. Its like the guy version of a pomp. Their head is shaved like a mohawk except only on top and the front is longer than the back.

Your pomp looks good! Everyone used to think it was ugly.. but now everybody does them! I do pomps all the time. I do mine big too.

aimeemakeup3.jpg

Hahaha!
Thanks...I love your pomp. My hair's too short to do one now :[.

thestarsfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighmii

A quiff is the same thing as a flattop...kinda the same as a pomp, but pomps go back down almost right away whereas quiffs would just slope down to the back...ya know what I mean?

I love pomps but I don't have the balls to wear big ones (says the girl who had bright pink hair...hahah)

hunnybun

ooohhh.... i absolutely love it. big hair is the sexiest.

btw -- what lip stick are you wearing in that first pic (the baby pink one)? i'm really like that look.

Latest posts