Pricing of M.A.C overseas?

Brie

I think also another thing we don't take into consideration is the cost of living and how much we get paid. I mean our base pay rates are much higher than over in the states, this could very well be the reason why we pay more??? Add that onto the taxes and what have you.

miss_emc

I completely agree with Brie, wages over in the US are MUCH lower than over here in Australia, Estee Lauder Companies in Australia still has overheads to pay and wages to pay and i'm sure our country is more expensive to stock MAC than some of the others in the world.

A lot of you are saying how expensive your favourite product is and how you are sick of paying AUS prices, well it is as simple as don't buy it! If you don't want to pay for it, go and buy something cheaper. I love my Creme De La Mer and it is one of my HG products, and hell yes its expensive, but if i really want it, i'll fork out the money. If i don't feel like forking out the money for a face cream, then i wont. Simple as that.

boudoirblonde

We aren't going to stop buying it.
We are just going to stop buying it in Australia, and get CPs from people in the US

_Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
I completely agree with Brie, wages over in the US are MUCH lower than over here in Australia, Estee Lauder Companies in Australia still has overheads to pay and wages to pay and i'm sure our country is more expensive to stock MAC than some of the others in the world.

A lot of you are saying how expensive your favourite product is and how you are sick of paying AUS prices, well it is as simple as don't buy it! If you don't want to pay for it, go and buy something cheaper. I love my Creme De La Mer and it is one of my HG products, and hell yes its expensive, but if i really want it, i'll fork out the money. If i don't feel like forking out the money for a face cream, then i wont. Simple as that.

I agree with you. Wages are also much better in Europe and when I want something very bad, and it is worth the money in my opinion I still buy it.

karenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Girlie
If you think the Australian prices for MAC are bad, come to New Zealand, lol.

For example Eyeshadow quads retail here for $92NZD in Australia it's $68AUD.

Our prices are even worse!!

Instead of buying my MAC over here, I now get cp's from lovely girls on here. I definately get alot more for my money that way.

true! thats bad to be a MAC FANS in NZ. the price is crazy here. the price is doubled here than in Hongkong. I had to ask my friend to buy it from there. and I just heard there was a MAC sale in CA, almost half price for pigment.
nonono.gif

I hope MAC online store can accept overseas order.

kjaneb

I have to agree, surely overheads can't be so high to double the prices! I understand wages are much more expensive here then in the States, but I don't believe it justifies the price considering the production costs. Granted it's not only mac that has increased Australian prices!

Miina

The prices in Malaysia, for anyone who's going, are awesome! They're about a dollar or two more expensive than the US site prices, with the Aussie Dollar going this strong, hence, even cheaper than Singapore! =D

ms_bloom

I think on average, our wages and conditions are better, but there are plenty of jobs that are better paid in the States than here. It's why a lot of our country's best move overseas to work.

I agree that the price difference can't even begin to be explained by taxes etc., and having studied marketing the reason we pay more is because the products are priced to (a) what the market will bear and (b) be on par with brands of similar prestige. Of course (b) depends on (a). And while it used to be so that Australian brands were similarly expensive overseas, this isn't always the case. Becca is now cheaper in the States than here, I'm not sure about other brands.

Besides CPs, there are personal shopping and mail forwarding services available, but then what you're not getting is that personal relationship with a favourite SA.

sweetangelkiss

I refuse to buy MAC here in Australia, I only ever do it now if I missed out on something in the US and I really really want it.

What baffles me is the fact that what we pay for MAYBELLINE is the same as what CHANEL costs in the US - Full & Soft mascara =$20AUD!! but you walk into Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart and that same Maybelline mascara is $6. It makes me sick. Now I just get my son's father to send stuff over or I stock up when I go there (which I will be on September 30 - woooo!). It's sad and annoying.