PRO line extension discussion

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Bumping this thread up. I haven't heard or seen anything on Salsarose blush. Anyone have a good color description, or better yet a picture? Is it BRIGHT?
Any help would be great.

I was hoping to find out the seem thing!!
smiles.gif

AlliSwan

On a whim I bought Flame Red and Deep Pink (one of the older pro blushes) in an LJ sale. I will post pics when I get them...I'm already a bit nervous about how bright they're going to be...I'm pretty fair-skinned and don't want to look like a clown!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
On a whim I bought Flame Red and Deep Pink (one of the older pro blushes) in an LJ sale. I will post pics when I get them...I'm already a bit nervous about how bright they're going to be...I'm pretty fair-skinned and don't want to look like a clown!

I'm NW15; brunette with green eyes. I have both of the aforementioned blushes, and love them, but they are not for the timid.
I find Flame Red trickiest of all of my blushes to apply with any degree of subtlety.
But if you get it right, it can look amazingly natural, like a healthy flush. With both of these blushes, it's important that you apply them to smooth, evenly-powdered skin, so that the color won't "grab" and leave you with those dreaded clown spots.
What I do is dip my blush brush lightly in loose translucent powder, then swirl it lightly in the blush, tap off excess, then apply to my cheeks. Just remember: You can always add more. It's always easier to build gradually, rather than to try to fix it once you've gone overboard.

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I'm NW15; brunette with green eyes. I have both of the aforementioned blushes, and love them, but they are not for the timid.
I find Flame Red trickiest of all of my blushes to apply with any degree of subtlety.
But if you get it right, it can look amazingly natural, like a healthy flush. With both of these blushes, it's important that you apply them to smooth, evenly-powdered skin, so that the color won't "grab" and leave you with those dreaded clown spots.
What I do is dip my blush brush lightly in loose translucent powder, then swirl it lightly in the blush, tap off excess, then apply to my cheeks. Just remember: You can always add more. It's always easier to build gradually, rather than to try to fix it once you've gone overboard.

Thank you! I'm NW20 (well, last time I wore foundation, I was, I'm definitely a bit darker now) with blond hair/green eyes. I will have to try your technique... I just swapped for a 188 brush, the 187 can be a bit large for applying *just* where I want color and other brushes always end up leaving me streaky. I will DEFINITELY try the powder-then-blush method. Do you wear foundation or anything? If I wear anything, I buff on some Bare Minerals, often OVER my blush or bronzer to help blend it in. I figured I could always swap/sell them off if they just didn't work for me.

cno64

Quote:
Do you wear foundation or anything?

Yeah, I apply my foundation as usual, then a light dusting of translucent loose powder(I use a mixture of Avon's Personal Match + PureLuxe's Translucent Matte) to ensure that there are no oily patches to "grab" my blush.
Then I do the dip-brush-into-powder-then-into-blush thing. I find this necessary only for "extreme" blushes like Deep Pink, Magenta, Flame Red, etc.

AlliSwan

So I got them (Flame Red and Deep Pink) today and LOVE THEM. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I want more. I barely tapped my 188 brush onto them and applied to the apples of my cheeks, blending out a little, then buffed a tiny bit of my Bare Minerals on top and it looks SO gorgeous!

(Will post pics and swatches later this week in the swatches thread)

cno64

Quote:
So I got them (Flame Red and Deep Pink) today and LOVE THEM. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I want more. I barely tapped my 188 brush onto them and applied to the apples of my cheeks, blending out a little, then buffed a tiny bit of my Bare Minerals on top and it looks SO gorgeous!

(Will post pics and swatches later this week in the swatches thread)

Fantastic! Those are two of my favorites, also.
Isn't it astounding what a fresh, pretty-Dare I say it?- natural look you can get with blushes that are so terrifying in the pan?

Another good one is "Magenta."