PRO line extension discussion

ledonatella

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee
ack! how can you not appreciate matte/ satin textures? they are the best! i think thats the first thing you learn to appreciate when you become an artist and learn the tricks of the trade. mattes make makeup look flawless. i know they look boring in the pot but when mixed with the right frosts/shimmers they look so much better
smiles.gif

I love them for work but not for me personally. I've been an MA for years and I know how to work with them, I use alot of mattes for work actually, esp. for photo shoots. but I was talking about how I feel for my own personal stuff and I like a more shimmery texture on myself most of the time. There are exceptions here and there of course, Malt happens to be one of my fave shadows ever and it's a matte
smiles.gif

Krasevayadancer

The color payoff on these shadows are absolutely amazing! The textures are soft on most of these and the colors just pop!
My personal favorite from this collection is blue calm, its such a gorgeous color!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn797
totally killed the Bottle Green lemming...sweet! thank you!

do you have Stomp? any idea whether that's close to Vibrant Grape? maybe it's too pink.

I have swatched Vibrant Grape v. Stomp and other similar shadows in the Pro Line Extension Swatch Thread.

HTH
smiles.gif

cno64

Many, many thanks for the photos!
I nearly keeled over when I saw this collection on macpro.com.
jawdrop.gif

This makes C Shock look like a bunch of simpering pastels!
And my birthday is July 13!
"Happy birthday to me; I'm going on a spree ..."
eyelove.gif

MAC has no mercy!
NONE.

Randy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64

Agreed.

After I tested the C-Shock over my UD e/s Primer Potion, I was ready to buy all the cool colors, but that was before the NYC Pro Store got their Pro Extension in. Thank god I was waiting to get C-Shock in St Louis (NYC Pro Store was sold out completely!). All the colors have better matte corollaries; Atlantic Blue to Bang On Blue (BOB is SLIGHTLY brighter, but the color payoff of AB and the matte finish more than make up for that), Vibrant Grape to Romping, Lime to EyePopping, etc . . . the only color I ended up getting was Big T, and that was only because I had store credit, and Big T doesn't seem to have any matte twins. (Although I am pretty sure that Stormwatch or something in the McQ collection should be a good matte replacement! Whee!)

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
It might be a bit much as a blush.
smiles.gif
But.....it would look pretty with a light hand and then buffing over it with the msf natural in light (considering you're an NW15), I'll bet. That is if you had to make it work in a pinch.
winks.gif
That is one of my tricks for toning down a blush or making it really look like a natural flush.

And oh yes...I will be rocking that as an eyeshadow. That is the first thing I thought when I saw it. Eye safe or not.

I agree, this will replace some pigments ads eyeshadows. It's so much less messy
smiles.gif
( hate piggies)

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
I really wanted to get some shades but I think I'll pass for now...I'd be more thrilled if there weren't so many matte and satin textured shadows. I was hoping the lippies would be more frosty too but they are all mattes and amplified's, the two textures I hate the most. Oh well, I can save more money for Rushmetal & Flashtronic.

I love mattes so much
eyelove.gif
... they are perfect for absolutly peachy skin. I feel there should be more matte sadows + blushes..it makes shimmer optional...
but then there are a few shimmery products i love, too
rofl.gif

dmenchi

rofl.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I nearly keeled over when I saw this collection on macpro.com.
jawdrop.gif

And my birthday is July 13!
"Happy birthday to me; I'm going on a spree ..."
eyelove.gif

MAC has no mercy!
NONE.

OMG
cutey.gif
that's what i thought as well. c-shock is a waste of time
smiles.gif
rofl.gif

a914butterfly

i went to the mac pro store in nyc and also had some eyeshadows shipped from Las Vegas Pro store since they had them in stock 1st. The eyeshadows are to die for, but in my opinion the lipsticks and the blushes are too dark and vibrant for me (im a hyper real foundation nc200).

Arabella

I just received Smoked Purple and Full Chocolate lipsticks and will be getting Sin and Charred Red soon. Finally MAC is making some gorgeous dark matte lipsticks.
clap.gif
I was getting so sick of all the frosty and sheer nudes and light pinks.

suggrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella
I just received Smoked Purple and Full Chocolate lipsticks and will be getting Sin and Charred Red soon.

I almost ordered Sin so I CANNOT wait to see swatches of all the l/s (and Sin in particular) if you make them!
thmbup.gif
If only I didn't already have a matte dark blue-red l/s...

drucilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rose
Agreed.

After I tested the C-Shock over my UD e/s Primer Potion, I was ready to buy all the cool colors, but that was before the NYC Pro Store got their Pro Extension in. Thank god I was waiting to get C-Shock in St Louis (NYC Pro Store was sold out completely!). All the colors have better matte corollaries; Atlantic Blue to Bang On Blue (BOB is SLIGHTLY brighter, but the color payoff of AB and the matte finish more than make up for that), Vibrant Grape to Romping, Lime to EyePopping, etc . . . the only color I ended up getting was Big T, and that was only because I had store credit, and Big T doesn't seem to have any matte twins. (Although I am pretty sure that Stormwatch or something in the McQ collection should be a good matte replacement! Whee!)

clap.gif

Thank you for that! I reconsider my c-hock buying and I definitely didn't bought going Bananas for that. Better wait for bright sunshine! Even thought of buying Bitter instead of Eyepopping, but I think Eyepopping it´s worth having too
smiles.gif

glittergoddess27

I am in LOVE with Devil,.... its everything I was hoping for. And Apple Red blush is stellar too,.. the pigment of these colors is just,.. well I almost peed my pants I was so happy. I think theonly thing that wasnt a happy dance item was Vibrant grape,.. but only bc it is soooooo close to Endless Love, which was LE,.. so if you missed out on it,.. Vibrant Grape is super close. Thing is on the blushes,.. they are really really pigmented,.. I buffed Devil down with Glissade and came out with such a beautiful color. (I am an NC/NW20) A little goes a LONG way. I posted pics of Devil and Apple Red in the swatch thread along with a few other things.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
I am in LOVE with Devil,.... its everything I was hoping for. And Apple Red blush is stellar too,.. the pigment of these colors is just,.. well I almost peed my pants I was so happy. I think theonly thing that wasnt a happy dance item was Vibrant grape,.. but only bc it is soooooo close to Endless Love, which was LE,.. so if you missed out on it,.. Vibrant Grape is super close. Thing is on the blushes,.. they are really really pigmented,.. I buffed Devil down with Glissade and came out with such a beautiful color. (I am an NC/NW20) A little goes a LONG way. I posted pics of Devil and Apple Red in the swatch thread along with a few other things.

How do you think Apple Red compares to Frankly Scarlet? Man is SUCKS not having a Pro Store nearby...

glittergoddess27

Hmm I think Frankly Scarlet is a bit brighter (When I saw it I thought "a blush version of Ruby Woo") and goes on just a tad more sheer,.. I only got to use it once when we had a MAC event here and the gal had it in her case. There is a pic of Frankly Scarlet around here somewhere. I am working on the same principle,.. I ordered it from the pro store blind. Thank gosh MAC has a great return policy!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
Hmm I think Frankly Scarlet is a bit brighter (When I saw it I thought "a blush version of Ruby Woo") and goes on just a tad more sheer,.. I only got to use it once when we had a MAC event here and the gal had it in her case. There is a pic of Frankly Scarlet around here somewhere. I am working on the same principle,.. I ordered it from the pro store blind. Thank gosh MAC has a great return policy!

Thanx! I think I will just bite the bullet and order all of the blushes I think I want, and return what doesn't work for me.

killaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am so excited! My husband is in Vegas on business and is picking up my order tonight!!
smiles.gif
I got:
Bio Green
Bottle Green
Kelly
Bright Sunshine
Indian Ink
Vibrant Grape
Deep Damson
Blue Calm
Cantaloupe Blush

He comes home Friday, and I CANNOT wait!
smiles.gif

ETA: They were sold out of some of the colors I wanted, and of course, 2 of them were the ones I wanted most
ssad.gif

How did you end up liking Cantaloupe? I got it recently, but I haven't tried it yet!!