nope.gif
rants.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_wallbash.gif
getyou.gif

Sorry. Had to get that off my chest.

And now,

NeedCoffee.gif
(Replace coffee cup with a bottle of beer)

Jewelz913

hahahaha I feel your pain.... We were swamped at the salon.....there were like 3 proms goin on....and the moms and daughters couldnt agree on the hairstyles they wanted...i just wanted to scream....its like just put some damn curls in and call it a day lol

YSLGuy

I think we have a tone of appointments for Prom for the next two weeks. Im not looking forward to it at all.

chocolategoddes

I can imagine. I know a girl who threw a fit because she didn't like her makeup for prom( it wasn't at MAC but I'm sure it happens all the time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
NeedCoffee.gif
(Replace coffee cup with a bottle of beer)

LMAO

II3rinII

friday i had to walk to the back for a few seconds just to regain my composure cuz i was about to choke a lil bitch with my #129!!

went like this:
girl comes in with a 2 oclock app, however whoever made the app put in in under the wrong date, well i couldnt turn her away so i sat her down and thought, i can bust this one out, shes pretty, it wont take much. she tells me shes real simple, wants concealer a little bronzer black eyeliner and purple under her eyes and lashes. ok simple right? wrong!! she wasnt bitchy she was just really whiney. ugh! she tells me she hates her hair and she cried at the salon and how she has to look perfect cuz shes only a sophmore and shes nervous about going to prom blah blah blah. she points at this tiny speck and is like 'im breaking out all over you have to cover this".... really?? homegirl has perfect skin, shes seeing spots that dont exist! so i do a tiny bit of select cover and dust a lil studio fix powder and for her eyes i did malt with wedge in the crease and shroom to highlight since she wanted it really natural. then engraved on the top lid and permaplum on the bottom. so shes warmed up to me and im think im about done and shes like, 'well do you think i should do some color on my eyes? i dont know... i dont do makeup, i dont wear it, i suck at it. what do you think?' so i tell her sure ill add a little color so i did satelite dreams in her outer "v" and smudged it under her eye. i ask her about lips, she wants nude but with sparkles, hmmm bare necessity dazzleglass, so i use that and she asks" is it too sparkley? will it go with the dress? it has to look perfect.." i wish she would just chill cuz shes so pretty and the makeup looks soft but beautiful but she was such a debby downer and second guessing everythig. well then we get to lashes. she wanted natural but ones you can see, i suggested 20s because shes never worn them and they are comfortable. she wants strips i show her a few that i thought would look good, we go with 33s. sigh... this is where i was gonna lose it - i put one on, its perfectly place along the lashline (i pride myself on being one of the best at applying lashes, my coworkers have me do their own lashes) and she tells me its eavy, she can see the lash, its poking her (it wasnt) so i pull it up a bit, not good enough, pull it a bit more, no still feels heavy, finally i take it off and place it again, against my better judgment higher on the lid. shes happy with how it feels, but i hate that i can see the lash spine glued to her lid. i do the other and try to make it just as high on the lid. its not, its heavy too, push it up, now its to far up, pull it down, now the corner is poking. ugh!! i finally say 'ya know girl, maybe lashes arent for you, i want you to be comfortable but to look good as well". she looks at me like this is life or death 'no!! i have to wear lashes!! like i just have to!!" so i try to get them adjusted, meanwhile through all this im stepping away to help walk ups and this girl is holding up a chair, this shouldnt take that long especially seeing as how prom girls only spend the minimum $50, im not trying to waist my day with her. so i get the lashes to her satisfaction, and then cover the band with black track so it doesnt look obvious. 'is that like thicker than the other? does one look more black? can you tell they are fake lashes?" omg!! shut up, it looks perfect! stop being ocd about things that arent even there. in the end she looked like a mini- kim kardashian (when she does her more natural looks), and the girl was happy and even bought the bare necessity as well as the bronzer and lashes... yup 3 items after taking up over an hour of my time.

jeeeez.... just a few more weekends to go....

ms.marymac

^ That summed my day up, times 10. One picked out the lashes and then once I got them on, they were not long enough. Quite a few of them were late. Some even tried to act like they didn't know there was a minimum.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Some even tried to act like they didn't know there was a minimum.

Oh that's one of my personal favorites!

DirtyPlum

ugh our Saturday was pretty much the same... and the old MAC cliches like The Friend, the I dont wear any makeup so dont me look like a drag, i split up with my boyf just in time for the prom so make me look hot, im not sure abt the lashes, can you do my eyes, can you do my makeup for free, smokey eyes, smokey eyes, smokey eyes.

II3rinII

aaaaaannnnnddd.... did i mention im in the midst of a nine day stretch? oh yes, my last day off was last tues, i worked through an annoying prom weekend and still going strong until i have my next day off on this friday!! i closed tonight i open tomorrow then close wed and open thur!! what the fudge?? then im off fri and sat. most would be like 'oh at least you got the weekend off, thats unheard of for anyone in management, but i requested sat off ,,, so i could do my cousins wedding makeup... for free.... so right now im finishing off a bottle of cheap reisling and then im gonna take a nice long shower and pass the eff out. just to do it all again tomorrow! yay!!

GreekChick

^Haha, Dirtyplum!
Smokey eyes, smokey eyes, smokey eyes, smokey eyes, smokey eyes!

I'd never thought I'd be so sick of the tried and true formula!
Whatever their prom dresses, we just know the Carbon will be going on them with the 34 lashes and the Blacktrack.
"I want my eyes to *pop*! I want them dark, you know like Kim Kardashian? *opens magazine to K.K's picture*" I just love this look, and I want her lipcolor."
............x 3575742433989088
Sorry Kim, but you've ruined it for all of us!

erine1881

try this one out for size.

i had a cute little girl tell me that they were going to a really nice restaurant for dinner beforehand so she hadn't eaten anything all day. i say, "sure starve yourself! anything to fit into your dress, right? i laugh it off as that's something all of us girls do/did for any important date, right? yeah, she then proceeds to tell me that she just got out of a mental hospital the day before. she was being treated for anorexia. talk about feeling like a dumbass! she then tells me that she lied her way out early so that she could go to prom, but now wasn't wanting to go because her dress actually fit her. she was a size zero, and it fit her. i asked her if she wanted it to be too big for her, and she said yeah, that if it was she'd be more excited to go. now i understand that she had a problem and that's how one thinks in that situation, but, that was just a little too much information.

prom is not where this girl needed to be with body issues like this.

oh, don't forget the prom moms that hover over your shoulder asking "do you like it? can you do this? i think its too dark. black liner is too trashy.", etc. etc.

OMG GO AWAY!

SmokeSignal16

Oh yeah don't get me started on the smokey eyes! I will be glad when these next couple of weekends go by, I feel ya'lls pain! I really dislike doing Prom because of the fact these whiney bitches ruin it for me. See I'm with Clinique and I will be honest, they do NOT give us much training at all when it comes to makeup application (they like the '2 color' route, base color and crease color) because we're really focused on skincare, so you basically wing it and hope for the best... It pisses me off when girls try and either come in at the last minute expecting you to drop everything (uh hello trying calling ahead of time and make an appointment like everyone else!), or do their makeup for free (Yeah sure it's free...with a purchase!) or like how they don't like their makeup because it's not 'dramatic' enough or 'smokey' enough, bitch this is Clinique if you want makeup artist professional go to MAC then lol. But yeah the whole Mom thing drives me nuts to but luckily the Moms I have had were all really laid back this season so I guess that's a plus lol. But wow Erine that girl has some issues...

II3rinII

"i want it smokey, but not to smokey"
"i want lashes! like long but not to long"
"can you do winged liner? but like kind of a wing, but not like long, but like short kinda?"
"i like gloss thats shimmery, but not too shimmery"
"can i have bronzer? i want it all over, but dont make me orange"
"i know im pale but i want to look tan, can you use her foundation on me?" (points at the MUA wearing nc45)

....... really?? .... really??

is it almost over yet???? im almost ready to start bringing a flask to work...

Lizzie

The worst part of the "smoky eye" madness is when they smoky eye and nothing else. That could mean 3483194839017403947 different things! And then when I ask questions for them to elaborate I get the "are you sure you know what you're doing?" or "make me look like _____. (usually KK) and I say "I can replicate their look" (because I'm not a magician and all the carbon in the world isn't going to make you look like X) But, of course I don't say that.

I've done about 5 girls for prom so far, and every single one of them wanted to match their eye makeup to the exact color of their dress. D'oh!

Two of them were eyeliner addicts and kept insisting that they needed more eyeliner (one of which insisted on applying it herself and covered a lot of the beautiful lid color...she pretty much drew giant circles around her eye.)

One girl reaaaaaaaally wanted to use Azalea blush, which is beautiful, but she had a kinda teal smoky eye. So, I applied really lightly and it looked fine. But she kept saying it wasn't enough. Even though I told her that she had a really bright eye color and that too much blush could pull focus... In short she left with bright pink cheeks and blue eyes (against my better judgement). [[what do you do in this situation? if the client wants something but you know it doesn't look nice?]]

Then, I had a girl who wanted a smoky eye, but she wanted it to look "natural but dramatic" what the crap does that even mean?! So I did a soft, smoky eye on her (copperplate, a little plumage...). She kept saying it wasn't enough, so I darkened it, and she still said it wasn't enough, so I ended up adding carbon. She had a super dramatic smoky eye and LOVED it, but it took forever. If she would've just said so in the beginning, it wouldn't have taken so long.

This upcoming Saturday is prom for the biggest HS in the town I'm in. Wish me luck!

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
"can you do winged liner? but like kind of a wing, but not like long, but like short kinda?"
"i know im pale but i want to look tan, can you use her foundation on me?" (points at the MUA wearing nc45)

is it almost over yet???? im almost ready to start bringing a flask to work...

th_LMAO.gif
Yeah I am about to upgrade to a whole damn bottle! It's almost over thank goodness! But then there's going to be graduations...
shockt.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
The worst part of the "smoky eye" madness is when they smoky eye and nothing else. That could mean 3483194839017403947 different things! And then when I ask questions for them to elaborate I get the "are you sure you know what you're doing?" or "make me look like _____. (usually KK) and I say "I can replicate their look" (because I'm not a magician and all the carbon in the world isn't going to make you look like X) But, of course I don't say that.

I've done about 5 girls for prom so far, and every single one of them wanted to match their eye makeup to the exact color of their dress. D'oh!

Two of them were eyeliner addicts and kept insisting that they needed more eyeliner (one of which insisted on applying it herself and covered a lot of the beautiful lid color...she pretty much drew giant circles around her eye.)

One girl reaaaaaaaally wanted to use Azalea blush, which is beautiful, but she had a kinda teal smoky eye. So, I applied really lightly and it looked fine. But she kept saying it wasn't enough. Even though I told her that she had a really bright eye color and that too much blush could pull focus... In short she left with bright pink cheeks and blue eyes (against my better judgement). [[what do you do in this situation? if the client wants something but you know it doesn't look nice?]]

Then, I had a girl who wanted a smoky eye, but she wanted it to look "natural but dramatic" what the crap does that even mean?! So I did a soft, smoky eye on her (copperplate, a little plumage...). She kept saying it wasn't enough, so I darkened it, and she still said it wasn't enough, so I ended up adding carbon. She had a super dramatic smoky eye and LOVED it, but it took forever. If she would've just said so in the beginning, it wouldn't have taken so long.

This upcoming Saturday is prom for the biggest HS in the town I'm in. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I know a lot of the very local high schools in my area are going to be starting up big this weekend for the next 3 weekends...But the good thing is they always have their proms at hotels so they usually go to a mall nearby the place so our traffic won't be too bad at least. But seriously I hate that whole 'natural but dramatic' like wtf is that suppose to mean?! It's like total opposites...Do people just have like no idea what they are wanting these days, or least saying what they want?!

ms.marymac

is it almost over yet???? im almost ready to start bringing a flask to work...[/QUOTE]

DUDE...I just said that today. I think we have them up until June.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
It's almost over thank goodness! But then there's going to be graduations...
shockt.gif

and then weddings. and then halloween, and semi-formal, and holiday/new years parties.

the cycle never ends.
cry.gif

ladyJ

I give props to all of you because I couldn't even imagine dealing with customers like that. I can barely deal with customers that come to the pharmacy...I guess "bitchiness" is in every job.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
and then weddings. and then halloween, and semi-formal, and holiday/new years parties.

the cycle never ends.
cry.gif

Oh damn I forgot about the weddings! I remember it was one day I was the only one at the counter for the day and I was about to leave for the day because I was scheduled till 6 and some bride comes in with her lil tiara and hair done up and wanted to get her makeup and her maid of honor done right then and there at 6 and the wedding was at 7!!! I felt bad because I told her no because I couldn't stay and get overtime and that too I could not do both of them in like less than an hour. But at the same time she should have called ahead of time and made an appointment or something, it's like jeez people plan ahead!!!

Latest posts