Pronounce PLUMAGE

narcissa

One of my co-workers always says "Assumptive Olive" and "Toupee" for Sumptuous Olive and Taupe
thmbdn.gif
FAIL.

However, I'm confused with Brun and always pronounce it "Broon".

glitterkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I always thought that the letter H was silent in French. I went to a online French dictionary that pronounces words for you and Haux was pronounced like "O".
th_confused_new.gif

I have heard about Satan's Toupe! Whoever called it that will go down in history...lol! We had a conversation about this very subject at Update. Some other's I've heard are:

Velvetella-"Velveeta"
VGVI-"Viva Glam Vee"
VGV-"Viva Glam Vie"
Pinkarat-Pink a Rat, Pink Rat
Phloof-"Poof!" It was close but still made me smile
Media-"Mah-deeya" (like the character in a movie)

Lol...some others I have heard...

"Pink Booty"...Pink Poodle
"Luxie Lucy"...Lychee Luxe
"Fetus"...Fetish
"Operator"..."O"
"Ell-lee"...Elle

Pink Booty goes down in history as the best i've ever heard to date...
thmbup.gif

MAC_Fafinette14

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterkitten
Lol...some others I have heard...

"Pink Booty"...Pink Poodle
"Luxie Lucy"...Lychee Luxe
"Fetus"...Fetish
"Operator"..."O"
"Ell-lee"...Elle

Pink Booty goes down in history as the best i've ever heard to date...
thmbup.gif

"Fetus" lipstick.
th_LMAO.gif

I don't know what else to say.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcissa
One of my co-workers always says "Assumptive Olive" and "Toupee" for Sumptuous Olive and Taupe
thmbdn.gif
FAIL.

This has given me the best laugh of the night.

For real, how can people get some of these wrong? The U.S. educational system is always dogged and I never believed the hype because I got a good education. However, when I listen to the shit people say sometimes I fully understand. I mean....come on.

Miss Dynamite

I can't get over Pink Booty instead of Pink Poodle. Was it a 5 year old that said this? Cause otherwise, I'd just want to smack my head on the wall a few times. Who wouldn't know what a poodle is??

JAJ_2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
I just say hoax when it comes to pronouncing haux, i dont like to flat out say " may i have hoe?, , lol. heres some ive heard or overheard over the years

parfait amour- par-fate aim-her
sumptuous olive- sump two-us olive
blanc type- blank type
tete-a-tint- tit a tint (LOL)
rule - roo lay (LOL)
dubonnet- Doo Bonnet
morange- more orange
creme d' nude- cremied nude
shitaki- shit a key

th_LMAO.gif

Boasorte

totally off topic, but I remember my friend went to fill out an application for A/X, and the manage gave her an on-the-spot interview. The manager asked why does she want to work for Armani Exchange and she replies, and I quote
"Armani Exchange? I thought the store was called 'axe' ".
Needless to say, she didn't get the job, but I was laughing like crazy when I heard her say that

Almost black.

Funny thread but still, I don't see why should anyone feel embarrassed about wrong pronunciation?
th_dunno.gif

Especially today when most brands use foreign words for the product names - French mostly.

It's nice if you know how to pronounce everything, but if it's not something that you work with and should know - I really don't see any shame in not knowing those stuff.
smiles.gif