Queen's Sin Rumor

Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I wish they'd add Red Romp LG to that; I love that stuff

that'd be amazing too, but russian red l/g is kinda similar???

HEY!!!
i just checked and red romp doesn't have the triangle of death :confused:

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentwig
My friend just talked to the MAC Customer Service people and the lady said that since Queen's Sin was so popular the are most likley going to put it in the regular line.

I'm soooooo happy!

th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

All together, now:
WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't know if this means anything, but I noticed that, even though Queen's Sin appears as "Sold out" at maccosmetics.com, it appears on macpro.com among the lipsticks, MINUS that horrible black LE triangle. If MAC would even have it as a permanent Pro shade, that would be dandy with me!
I do remember writing MAC a semi-humiliating grovelling e-mail in which I promised to be MAC's blindly obedient mindless slave for life if they'd make Queen's Sin permanent.
Oh, well; I probably would be, anyhow ...
th_dunno.gif

Okay, MAC, now I want Coco pigment back!
And Rocking Chick lipstick.

amoona

Why are they making it perm? New York Apple is such a close match. Anyway I haven't heard this yet but I don't go to Update until Feb.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
oh i haven't seen new york apple, but i love queen's sin! really hope they make it perm!

The two *are* somewhat similar, but at least on me(NW15; brunette; green eyes), New York Apple is more pink, less red than Queen's Sin.
Of the two, I prefer Queen's Sin. I own and love both, but Queen's Sin is really something extraordinary.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
oh if new york apple is more pink then i prefer queen's sin too! thanks!

At least on me, this is true. Queen's Sin is a deep red, while New York Apple is more of a pinky red. NYA even has a bit of a plummy cast.
Queen's Sin is a very elegant, classy ruby red. I compared its color to that of a ruby in a ring that I own, and the two colors are very similar!
I've heard Queen's Sin called "Dorothy's ruby slippers for the lips," and I think that's a good description.

amoona

Granted Queen's Sin is the nicer of the two but I hope they'll at least discontinue NYA if they add Queen's Sin as a perm. No need for two of the "almost" the same colors.

kyoto

They're both beautiful colors, but there's no need to discontinue New York Apple. Queen's Sin is a little bolder and there are people that my not want to go that bold. Personally I love them both and would buy both if Queen's Sin became perm.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Granted Queen's Sin is the nicer of the two but I hope they'll at least discontinue NYA if they add Queen's Sin as a perm. No need for two of the "almost" the same colors.

Noooooo I love them both!

cno64

Quote:

Awww; I wish they'd continue to make and sell both!
Maybe I'm greedy and/or obsessive, but I wouldn't mind if MAC offered a thousand shades of lipstick!
I'd go beyond broke, trying to buy them all, but what a way to go!
winks.gif

j_absinthe

Quote:

Pfft, says you!

captodometer

New York Apple was very pink on me, and I swapped it away because pink just doesn't work for me. I never tried Queen's Sin, but this thread is starting to make me glad that I skipped it
yahoo.gif

Winthrop44

I am going to have to side with those who say they're different enough to carry both in the line because I love QS and remember swapping away NYA because it didn't look so hot on me.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
New York Apple was very pink on me, and I swapped it away because pink just doesn't work for me. I never tried Queen's Sin, but this thread is starting to make me glad that I skipped it
yahoo.gif

If you get a chance to try Queen's Sin, do so.
I like New York Apple, but Queen's Sin is an entirely different color; much more red.
It may depend on your coloring, though, but I think Queen's Sin is unique enough to warrant at least a try.
Unless you have a serious phobia of red, it would be worth your time to check it out.
th_dunno.gif

Cerydwen

I agree with you cno64 - I love both NYA, which is my perfect pink, and Queen's Sin, which is my perfect red! I'd be delighted if Queen's Sin became perm, but I really hope they don't discontinue NYA, as they are distinctly different colours.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
I love both NYA, which is my perfect pink, and Queen's Sin, which is my perfect red! I'd be delighted if Queen's Sin became perm, but I really hope they don't discontinue NYA, as they are distinctly different colours.

Even though I love both of them dearly, I don't find myself reaching for either New York Apple or Queen's Sin all that much.
My absolute HG dream of a lipstick is PORT RED. I nearly literally lost bladder control when I saw that one for the first time. It's so far beyond ordinary gorgeousness.
eyelove.gif

MAC can keep right on putting out all of the above lipsticks as far as I'm concerned!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
At least on me, this is true. Queen's Sin is a deep red, while New York Apple is more of a pinky red. NYA even has a bit of a plummy cast.
Queen's Sin is a very elegant, classy ruby red. I compared its color to that of a ruby in a ring that I own, and the two colors are very similar!
I've heard Queen's Sin called "Dorothy's ruby slippers for the lips," and I think that's a good description.

Funny you should say that - *Dorothys Shoes* was its working name
winks.gif

I agree that NYA is more pinky, they look similar enough but I tend to get a plummy cast as well... not nearly as nice as Queens Sin.

I agree with you actually on Port Red as well ~ I LOVE Port Red, prefer it much more than Queens Sin and would be happier (DIE) if Port Red was being made perm!!