Question about IMATS, Pasadena 2009.

nzgal

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone with experience will help me to determine if it is possible to get a MAC Pro-Card at the show in LA without showing documentation. I keep reading rumours about it, but haven't found solid confirmation yet.

Does anyone have any info on this?

TIA!
th_worship.gif

Odette.

deadSAVVY

Yeah BUMP!

I would really like to know to because some other blogger, maybe Vanessa (nessasarymakeup) mentioned something about having a friend apply and receive a MAC pro card without documentation but only through the IMATS show... Please any info would be bangin'!

browneyedbaby

This was true at the London IMATS which took place this weekend, you paid £25.00, filled in a short form (no documentation required) and received a temporary Pro card... with a proper one to be received by post in about 4 weeks. HTH

deadSAVVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
This was true at the London IMATS which took place this weekend, you paid £25.00, filled in a short form (no documentation required) and received a temporary Pro card... with a proper one to be received by post in about 4 weeks. HTH

Great! I plan on attending this year in Pasadena pretty much for the pro card
cutey.gif
Did you end up with one?

thanks again!

browneyedbaby

Unfortunately not
nope.gif
I just heard about it from someone else. I had the choice of going to sort out my new car this weekend or going to IMATS!! It was a very tough call but I would have missed out on the car if I hadn't put the deposit down today
thmbdn.gif

Soooooooooooo hoping they do the same next year!!!

Blushbaby

I went to the London show today and got a PRO card as described above. I'd imagine you can get one at the LA show too.

Have fun!

Celly

I went to the IMATS in Pasadena last year. I fill out the application and turned it in right there and a month later I got my card. They did not ask me for any documentation. But now that I work for MAC I dont use it. So to answer your question the answer is YES you can.

nzgal

ssad.gif

My thanks button isn't working - but:

Quote:
I went to the IMATS in Pasadena last year. I fill out the application and turned it in right there and a month later I got my card. They did not ask me for any documentation. But now that I work for MAC I dont use it. So to answer your question the answer is YES you can.

THANKS!

statusmode

I'm attending this year and I reallyyy want the card! I think my wallet would glow if I had a pro card in it lol

Ruby_Woo

Yes you can get a Pro card without proper documentation at the IMATS. I still think it sucks that non-pro's will get it, because I had to work my butt off to get legit documentation.

But can you? yes its possible.

Renee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Yes you can get a Pro card without proper documentation at the IMATS. I still think it sucks that non-pro's will get it, because I had to work my butt off to get legit documentation.

Me too!

i_love_mac

I have already bought my ticket to the IMATS in Pasadena =)

I can't wait till freaking June 20th BOOO!!!!!! its like 2 months and another 2 weeks....AHHHH

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo

It seems strange that this would be allowed, since the Pro program is for working artists, and you have to have the proper credentials (tearsheets, etc) in order to get a card normally. Odd that just going to this show would make one exempt from those requirements?

I'm not down on anyone who is getting a card at the show, it just seems strange that normal rules would not apply. Especially when so many working artists have a hard time qualifying for one. Maybe it is one of the perks of attending this show.

blindpassion

At the Canadian Makeup Show this year (which IMATS owns) they wouldn't give me a card without documentation. I was coming out of town and didn't have any papers with me.

slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
At the Canadian Makeup Show this year (which IMATS owns) they wouldn't give me a card without documentation. I was coming out of town and didn't have any papers with me.

Same here, that was rather disappointing! I wonder if it was because it wasn't technically an IMATS show (CMS and IMATS to offically join together at the Toronto show)? I was expecting a much bigger MAC booth anyway I guess! But Temptu gave me their Industry Discount without documentation so that was nice!
th_DANCE.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Same here, that was rather disappointing! I wonder if it was because it wasn't technically an IMATS show (CMS and IMATS to offically join together at the Toronto show)? I was expecting a much bigger MAC booth anyway I guess! But Temptu gave me their Industry Discount without documentation so that was nice!
th_DANCE.gif

The mac booth there was SO tiny! I wasn't impressed!

slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
The mac booth there was SO tiny! I wasn't impressed!

So lame! And hey, I think I remember seeing you! Were you wearing bright green eyeshadow? On Sunday I think??

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
So lame! And hey, I think I remember seeing you! Were you wearing bright green eyeshadow? On Sunday I think??

I wass
smiles.gif
and neutrals the day before.