Question about IMATS, Pasadena 2009.

myzleelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkHearts2314
Ooo I wanna know too! I have a rough estimate on what to bring from watching vids on youtube but its so frustrating when the people making the videos don't give prices. Anyone know if will call is open before the show or at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
to those of u who went, did u get a good deal? how much did u spend? how much money i should bring?
this is my 1st time going to the show & i'm making HUGE list.

brownfacetv from youtube said that M.A.C. usually gives their standard "pro" discount (make-up show 2009) of 40%, but this year they were only givin out 20%. and they had regular things from their pro/freestanding stores.

makeuplove

do any of you ladies know how much it would be to purchase tickets @ the door if it's only the Exhibit Floor? and if i buy the ticket online after the 5th.. where do i pick it up at? sorry.. this would be my first time going (if i do go). i just realized how much i REALLY want to go! lol

color_lover456

yay! i'm definitely going to this on saturday! and maybe even sunday if i decided i didn't get enough! I would LOVE to have a shopping partner for the IMATS, does anyone want to meet up with me?

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
yay! i'm definitely going to this on saturday! and maybe even sunday if i decided i didn't get enough! I would LOVE to have a shopping partner for the IMATS, does anyone want to meet up with me?

i would meet up1

myzleelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeuplove
do any of you ladies know how much it would be to purchase tickets @ the door if it's only the Exhibit Floor? and if i buy the ticket online after the 5th.. where do i pick it up at? sorry.. this would be my first time going (if i do go). i just realized how much i REALLY want to go! lol

I emailed key publishing with this very question and they would not specify an amount, they just stated it would cost more. tickets can be purchased until 6/11.....if you purchase your ticket 6/5-6/11 they will have to be picked up at will call.....hth

makeuplove

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzleelee
I emailed key publishing with this very question and they would not specify an amount, they just stated it would cost more. tickets can be purchased until 6/11.....if you purchase your ticket 6/5-6/11 they will have to be picked up at will call.....hth

thanks so much! hope to see you there, if i do end up going!

genduk26

is it possible to buy airbrush foundation even if u r not a MUA? i have heard good reviews about OCC & temptu airbrush foundations.

PinkHearts2314

Yes it's possible since you don't have to be a professional to get in. I don't know if they will be discounted, I would imagine since tons of stuff will be.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo_girl
This will be my first time going. My husband is coming along. I'm excited!
yes.gif

Forgot to ask, anyone have any suggestions on a hotel/motel thats cheap but decent?

Hotwire.com

allinbee

Hi, I called IMATS info line, and was told to bring credentials to apply for PRO card. I have my credentials, so I might as well apply at a local pro store?

PinkHearts2314

In the past people have just walked up and filled out a short application, paid the fee and got a temp card, the actual card comes in the mail weeks later. Maybe you should take some in case but I've always heard that you just walk up and get it.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbee
Hi, I called IMATS info line, and was told to bring credentials to apply for PRO card. I planned to drive for 6 hours to attend but now I dont know... anybody can confirm this? Thanks

People who have attended previous IMATS this year and in previous years have all said that anyone can get the MAC Pro card. I assume they would still do it at the Pasadena one but who knows.

L1LMAMAJ

ok so i saw on pursebuzz.com that mac had a 40% off sale at the IMATS last year...does anyone know if this will be a yearly thing (the 40% off sale)? i don't expect to get the mac pro card there but i was just wondering about the 40% off.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyadams
I WANNA KNOW TOO!! someone shine some light please!!! 40% would be awesome!

i know! if the 40% were to happen, then screw the sumo sale!

wishingforsn0w

im also curious to know about the pro card.... if anyone goes on saturday and manages to get it, can you please post on here to let everyone else know? TIA!

xcutiepie331x

Sadly, I don't have any documents so I'm PRAYING they offer the procards to anyone. I'm going tomorrow and will let you guys know what happens.