Questions about the MAC Pro Store in New York

bartp

hi,
I just saw this information on the macpro.com site.
MAC Pro | What's New

Has anyone visited this flagship store, or does anyone have any experiences or pictures to share? The shop sounds amazing.

jilladair

Re: Mac Pro New York Flagship store

I will be going there for a visit in two months. I live in Washington State now and miss NY so bad! I just shot a new Ford commercial and am on my way to another shoot in CHicago for a music video. Thne I am off to see the new place. I will let you know!

Jilladair

Danapotter

Woah! Thanks for bringing this up! I was about to go to the old Pro store, and they are not there any more!

I think I will have to make a trip!
yahoo.gif

Krasevayadancer

Thats right- they did move. Can't wait to go check it out. Its only a block or 2 from the old location.

lilchocolatema

That's awesome!!! I'll be there during fashion week, hope I get to see some of my makeup mentors!!!

MorganHope

i went yesterday. It was amazing! they had pigments on the walls in huge glass jars. (could have been sand) it looked so nice.

Danapotter

The NY Pro Store is nice! A little weird to get into, with the small door where you have to press "200" in order to ring to get into the door, but fine nonetheless!

It is so big and lots of space to play around in! My sister and I went up to the "pigment jars" and it turns out they are painted! But, amazingly painted at that!

The girls and guys are all so nice (some of which remembered me, yay!). They have the new LE Fergie lipglass out as well as Fafi.

yahoo.gif

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Thats right- they did move. Can't wait to go check it out. Its only a block or 2 from the old location.

I thought they must have moved as the phone number changed. Its a bit off the beaten path for me, but I have to go and check it out
th_DANCE.gif

lilchocolatema

Definitely! It's located at 7 W. 22nd St, between 5th and 6th ave. You'll LOVE it. It's a dream come true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
I thought they must have moved as the phone number changed. Its a bit off the beaten path for me, but I have to go and check it out
th_DANCE.gif

Danapotter

They have Fafi....if people did not know.

I really love the space! And, they are so easy going when I took one picture of my hand with a swatch. I thought they would be uptight, but they were fine with it!

Yay!

And, it is one block from the Flatiron store, as well as the R train!

thmbup.gif

Purity

Wow! I'm probably going to visit NY this summer, I'll have to check this out!

MAC_Whore

I went. I saw. I had a good time. It is a truly amazing space! Gorgeous. They have Fafi and VG6 (Fergie) out now.
winks.gif

as_cute_as_pie

MAC Pro NY

hey just returned from a trip to nyc and somehow managed to find the pro store (seriously how hidden away is this place??)
and while i was there was lucky enough to view a photoshoot (well on one of my 2 visits
tong.gif
) anyone know what shoots there and what for?
smiles.gif

BabiDoll2185

Re: MAC Pro NY

It's my understanding that the studio is there for MA's to use (obviously you would have to book it). That's the impression I got the last time I was there (a little over a month ago?) Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

It is pretty hidden but its beautiful once you get off that elevator right? =)

as_cute_as_pie

pretty hidden? wow
i was in the flatiron one and asked if they were a pro store (only been in 1 and that was about 3 years ago so i didnt know if they had a huge sign sayin PRO or something like that lol) nd they were like rr no but the nearest one is rite down the street at no. 7 u need to get in the elevator and go to the 2nd floor
and i was like rr ok
so i was like rite so im here one block down like he said but wheres no. 7? eventually found it after askin someone and got in the lift to go to 2 not knowing what to expect as theres no sign to say MAC ON 2ND or something like that apart frm a teeny tiny one on the door outside but it dusnt exactly stand out lol
and it opens and like wow.. it was a very odd experience and the m/a were sooo nice like i wanted bio green e/s and they didnt have it but i happened to pass the next day and asked again and they did and the m/a was like oh thanks for comin back!
i was like ahh u remember me
smiles.gif

macedout

i'm thinkin of going to the nyc pro store this sat. for the first time...

what do u mean its hidden? what landmarks should i look for then? any suggestions on parking where and how much $?
i'm assumming i can enter and buy even though i dont have a pro membership right?
also is there other shopping in the area, my hubby will be pretty bored if not!

SparklyDiamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by macedout
i'm thinkin of going to the nyc pro store this sat. for the first time...

what do u mean its hidden? what landmarks should i look for then? any suggestions on parking where and how much $?
i'm assumming i can enter and buy even though i dont have a pro membership right?
also is there other shopping in the area, my hubby will be pretty bored if not!

Finding parking is really hard, but there is a parking lot RIGHT across the street (Its like $17/ hr, thats what sucks about NY)

Other than being right across the street from a parking lot, I dont think there are any land marks, it looks like a regular apartment building.

You do not need a membership to buy
smiles.gif

As for shopping for your hubby, I dont recall, Im sure he can find something though haha hopefully at least!

HTH