Questions about the MAC Pro Store in New York

laguayaca

Re: MAC Pro NY

yeah that place was a pain to find once you find it ...youre like ..ohhh here it is duh ...i went to NYC with my girlfriends and on the Saturday we were there it was a total bust I did not find it and the number listed in 411 was totally wrong..then went back on Sunday finally found it and only to find out ITS CLOSED on Sunday! Grrr! I was standing so close that Saturday I was so mad I missed it!

macedout

anyone have recommendation on pro products i must buy??? i am focusing on pro stuff since i normally dont have access to it in person...

BabiDoll2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by macedout
i'm thinkin of going to the nyc pro store this sat. for the first time...

what do u mean its hidden? what landmarks should i look for then? any suggestions on parking where and how much $?
i'm assumming i can enter and buy even though i dont have a pro membership right?
also is there other shopping in the area, my hubby will be pretty bored if not!

If he goes up a block and to the left there's some shops...I don't know how long it will keep him occupied as they are pretty random...not a mall or strip mall atmosphere.

hello_kitty

My husband had to call multiple times as we were literally standing outside the door going "where the hell are you guys again?" (in more polite terms, though, haha). I actually took a picture of the outside so I could use it for future reference. There is literally NOTHING telling you it's there except the tiny little sign.

Here is the pic... hope I resized it small enough...
MACPRO.jpg

I was in awe the first and only time I went. But I did go in with a list so that made it easy. But I could've gone very crazy if my husband didn't set a budget (he was treating). I want to go back and try some cream color bases.

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macedout
anyone have recommendation on pro products i must buy??? i am focusing on pro stuff since i normally dont have access to it in person...

try the pro website cos u can just browse 'pro products'

MAC Pro

i got some face and body foundation which is alrite.. mixing medium for eyeliner.. and remember to have a look at the eyeshadows!

hello_kitty

There's a sign on the right side, and it'll have MACPro with a button. press that and it buzzes you in. then it's onto the elevator and up to the 2nd floor I think. Hope that helps!

Karen_B

Thank you everyone for this information! I am going to NY this summer and was thinking about popping my head in the PRO store. Now I know what to look for!

jin1022000

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!!! I go 2 skool a couple blocks away from there....NEVER KNEW THERES A PRO STORE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nemesis K.

Hi!

I'm new to Specktra. Forgive me if this is the wrong forum!

I'm going to be in New York next week, and I was wondering if you have to be a MAC Pro member to visit the MAC pro store in New York?

I know you don't have to be for other MAC Pro locations, but I wasn't sure if this one was any different, since it's such a large facility.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

MAC_Whore

Re: Question about the MAC Pro Store in New York

You do not need to be a pro member. It is the same as any other pro store.

VitaBellaMakeup

you dont have to be a member, however its not an easy location to find. there is no sign outside of the building and the entrance is one door next to this restaurant and i walked past it a few times before i realized that is where i have to go. you will not see a mac sign on the building or in the lobby. you will have to know to get on the elevator and push 2 because there is no sign for the floor either. i dont know why its so secretive but it is!

gravity24

yeah it was difficult to find. My first time there I past it like 4 times. A couple of city workers outside asked me if I was lost because I kept passing them so many times. Finally I found it, but I felt really stupid.

greeneyes81

does anyone know if the new york store is picky about B2M items? i want to depot my eyeshadows but only if i can use the remainders for B2M. TIA!!

VitaBellaMakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes81
does anyone know if the new york store is picky about B2M items? i want to depot my eyeshadows but only if i can use the remainders for B2M. TIA!!

the two times i had stuff for back to mac at the NY Pro Store, they didnt even look at them. i gave it to them in a bag and told them how many i had, i had 12 the first time and 18 the second time most of them were depotted shadows, they just took the bag and took my word for it and didnt look at them or count them!

greeneyes81

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBellaMakeup
the two times i had stuff for back to mac at the NY Pro Store, they didnt even look at them. i gave it to them in a bag and told them how many i had, i had 12 the first time and 18 the second time most of them were depotted shadows, they just took the bag and took my word for it and didnt look at them or count them!

wow! that's just like my counter here (Jersey City), but I have a trillion lipsticks and wanted to go to the pro store so i could get some e/s or l/g (which i heard you can get for B2M only @ a freestanding store).

Thanks so much for the info
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

I am going to bump this thread because DH and I are going to be in NYC in a couple of weeks and I want to check it out. I thought I read in another thread that the NYC Pro store was no longer allowing non-Pro members to shop there. Anyone know whether that's true or not? I'm not a Pro member and I really need to get my Pro fix!

hello_kitty

Damn, I hope that's not true. I haven't been back, but it'd be nice to know before I waste the time/money taking the subway down there if I ever do make it back as I have no other reason to be in that part of NYC usually.