Quick Questionaire. (Kinds of men)

s0_fam0us

1)What do you ladies think about shy men?
Not really a fan, personally. One of the things I really like in a guy is confidence, and although it may not always be the case, guys that are shy tend to lack that confidence I'm attracted to.

2)Do you like men to approach you when you're single and looking?
Depends on the situation and how they do it. If I'm carrying 4382934 things leaving the grocery store, clearly in a rush it's a little annoying. lol Otherwise, the attention is nice sometimes.
smiles.gif

3)Are pretty boys still masculine in your opinion?
Depends on the guy. I went to school with some guys who weren't afraid to get their hands dirty, but were dressed to the nines on a Friday nite at the club.

4)Can mama boys grow up to be men or will they still feed off of breast milk?
They can definitely grow up. Unfortunately growing up in a house with a single parent isn't very uncommon these days, and I know a lot of guys who were raised solely by their mothers... They'd do anything for these women, but they can take care of themselves, too.

5) If you dated a man with children, does him having kids make you see him as a stable guy?
No. Again, the guy and his situation will obviously have an impact on this answer, but currently I'm dating a guy who's got a son and never sees him. It's not by choice at all, but the girl he had the baby with is CRAZY (don't we all just love baby mama drama...) and he's clearly regretting getting involved with her to begin with. He doesn't regret that he has a son, don't get it twisted... but she's not making his life easy. I really don't think it reflects at all on his stability.

*BONUS*When it comes to dating, are you more traditional or modern?
I think I'm somewhere in between. As much as I hate to admit it sometimes, I really like getting flowers and having doors held open for me... but at the same time I've never been hesitant to ask a guy out. I think it's a good mix.
smiles.gif

Jaim

I think it's cute to be shy, but being a shy person myself, I prefer a more aggressive guy.

Yes!

I don't think so. I like a man who takes pride in his appearance, but I really like thick, dark hair and stubble and all that. Really rugged guys do it for me!

The best men are the ones who treat their mother well!

5) If you dated a man with children, does him having kids make you see him as a stable guy?
Not necessarily.

Probably somewhere in the middle. I'm modern in that I like to pay for things and give gifts to my boyfriend, but traditional because I want flowers for Valentine's Day and I like to be taken care of.

FiestyFemme

I don't mind a shy guy... it's fine with me, but he just can't be as shy as me 'cause that really wouldn't work. I wouldn't want him to be so shy that he wouldn't take the initiative.

I'd definitely want to be approached, I'm just not good at making the first move. But that said, I don't like being approached by creepy or aggressive guys.

I like someone who takes care of his appearance, but he cannot be more high maintenance than me. That's just absolutely unacceptable for me.

I think it's sweet when a man is close to his mom, but really, he's got to know where to draw the line (and really so should she!). As long as it's a healthy relationship, I'm cool with it.

Not really. To me, stability has nothing to do with actually having children... I think stability would only come into play if he's a good parent, etc.

I'm more traditional, but a bit modern too. I'm independent and I like it that way - I like taking care of myself, BUT I do like to be treated like a lady... it's nice when someone takes the time to open doors, pay, help you, etc.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I don't have a problem with them, but it just wouldn't work with me. I need an assertive man.

Yes!!! I like a man that can communicate what he wants.

Not to me.

They can, but I never date a man with the expectation that he's going to change.

It depends on whether he's actually taking care of his kids. I am currently seeing a man with a kid from a previous marriage and he is very involved in the kids life (visits him often, takes him out, helps him with homework, etc.)

Traditional in the way that I like the man to take charge, but I do like to treat him too.

mtrimier

Meh. I like backbones. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Yes and no. If I am at a sports bar and watching a game, leave me alone.
tong.gif

I don't mind chit chat, but am really not into the lame lines.

(example: I was at a birthday party for a friend reading an email on my phone and a guy came up to me and said, "iPhones are crap, you should get a Blackberry." Then wanted my "information".

A. wtf do you mean my "information"?
B. I am not giving you my number or taking yours because I would have to use my apparently crap phone and wouldn't be able to hear/text/whatever you anyway. Assy McAsserton.
tong.gif
)

yeah, insults/snarky comments are soooo sessy.
th_rolleye0014.gif

In an androgynous way, yes.

It takes something MAJOR to make a mama's boy grow up and let go of the teet. I have no time for mama's boys. Stay home dude, dinner is at 6.

No.

Modern.

xsnowwhite

That doesn't really work for me because I am very shy, so I tend to gravitate towards very outgoing guys.

Sure, but I think it depends on what I am doing. Not if I'm busy, otherwise sure.

Depends on the guy

I think they can grow up but many of them don't!

No, I see him as not stable, I don't think I would date a guy with kids.

Mainly traditional but with some modern aspects.

TIERAsta

1) What do you ladies think about shy men?
I'm fairly boisterous, and so are most of my family and friends. I think if he were just as boisterous as I was, we'd be too much... but he can't be so shy that he doesn't fit in to my circle.

2) Do you like men to approach you when you're single and looking?
Yeah, I'm not usually one to make the first move.

3) Are pretty boys still masculine in your opinion?
Only if they're athletes
winkiss.gif

4) Can mama boys grow up to be men or will they still feed off of breast milk?
I think mama's boys can grow up to be some of the most loving and sensetive men around!

Depends on the situation, like *why* he's not with the mother... and hopefully it's just ONE mother!

I think my actions are more modern, but I secretly wish for traditional!

Lauren1981

~to an extent, i think it's cute

~that's pretty broad. i'm single, kinda looking, but some days i don't wanna be bothered and others i'm like "damn! do i not look good??!!" lol!

~yes

~i think they can be men, yes.

~well, if i saw him as unstable PERIOD i wouldn't date him. i've dated men with kids and personally it's not something i want to do. things happen. just because you have kids and it doesn't work out with that person doesn't classify you as unstable.

~more modern but still follow some traditions (i.e. he should at least pay on the first date, opening doors)

greengoesmoo

I am quite fond of them, but I find a man who has no balls disgusting.

Yes, but often the type of men I like do not like me as I am quite small and do not appear dominating.
ssad.gif
I tend to do the approaching.

Yes.

They will forever be a worthless sissy. But that's fine by me.
winks.gif

No, I see him as a huge liability.

Modern for sure!

Shadowy Lady

Not a fan, I like super confident men who will pursue me

2)Do you like men to approach you when you're single and looking? If they are the right kind, then yes 3)Are pretty boys still masculine in your opinion? Most of the time no 4)Can mama boys grow up to be men or will they still feed off of breast milk?
I think mama boys are forever mama boys, lol! 5) If you dated a man with children, does him having kids make you see him as a stable guy? I don't think it would make much of a difference to me. Of course it also depends on his age *BONUS*When it comes to dating, are you more traditional or modern? Modern

dietcokeg

I like my men to be confident but not too confident because that can someitmes translate to arrogance. I like shy guys but not so shy you cant get a word out of them.

Yeah why not - all the guys that approach me tho are never my type and they seem like real sleezebags so i never give them my number i just give them some cold shoulder! I say whatever will be will be if ur meant to find love you will and it always comes when your not looking! Iam enjoying the single life now and not in a rush to be in a relationship!

Pretty boys are not my type at all iam sure they are masculine in ways but i like my man rough around the edges, muscley and some1 who does not take as much time as me to get ready! Hygine is good tho, i was one with a guy who rarely showered it was disgusting and yh it didnt last too long thank god!

Lol! yeah some of them will grown up to be men and some of the will stay feeding on mamas Milk! I like a man who has a good relationship with their mother i belive they treat their women better but their are always exceptions.

I personally wouldnt date a guy with children, Iam 19 and dont have children so i would like a guy in the same situation as me. Children are a blessing and a great responsability and i would see it as too much baggage in a relationship. men with children are without a doubt more stable relationship wise but it wouldnt be for me right now in life.

Hmmm a mix of both perhaps? with some thing i can be modern and vica versa!

Courtney <3

considering im not a very shy person, shy guys tend to turn me off. i feel like an idiot around them because im so hyper and bubbly, and theyre just .... not

yes, as long as theyre not to pushy or pompus.

eh. typically no. i usually go for the rocker, grease monkey kind of men
smiles.gif

just like mine

My ex was a mama's boy. so i firmly believe they will always be like that.

it depends. if he has a job and is still involved in his kids life, then maybe. but if he is a dead beat dad, then no. thats just a sign of inmaturity.

i think im a little more traditional, with a touch of modern. i wont ever ask a guy out, i love it when they open car doors, and pull out your chair and things like that. its jsut really sweet.

Shanti

Used to love them, but not anymore. I think it's cute sometimes, but it's annoying when it becomes a game of tag. Especially cuz I'm shy too...
I guess, but I prefer it to happen completely unexpectedly.
Barely.
I think they'll always be mamas boys.
Depends on his age, but in 99% of cases I do not want to be with a guy who has kids. Especially not at THIS age.
Traditional.

Machinegun_Cali

Eh ..dont care for them too much. I think shy is an adolescent trait (as well as macho cocky). Real Men are confident and well balanced.

Yes !!!

Hard question..never dated a pretty boy.

I think everyone can grow up...

No..it makes me think hes either taken...or divorced. Thats about it.

Very modern with a slighty traditional twist.

Mabelle

I think their fine. I can;t judge them as i can be very shy with a guy i like. I don't think it's fair to judge someone for that.

I would say yes, but again, as i am quite shy and get flustered easily, it has to be done right, and over time. I'm absolutely not the kind of girl you can just walk up to and ask out at a bar or something.

Why not? Their features are their features. Masculinity comes with the way you handle yourself not how much muscle tone you have, or if you have long lashes.

Ofcourse. It just might take them a little longer. Or they might need someone to show them the way/motivate them to grow up and cut the cord.

At my age, it would not make him seem stable. It would make him seem like he got someone knocked up very early on.

I would say i'm a good balance of the two.

kabuki_KILLER

I prefer them over the boisterous types. Are they shy around strangers or just horribly emotionally constipated all around? There is a difference.

In general, it would be nice to know who was interested, but overall, I haven't been too happy with people that seek me out repeatedly in the past.

Masculinity is not one-dimensional, neither is "pretty." So sure, why not?

I think it really depends on the guy and how open-minded the mom is. I would like a guy that gets along with his family and has at least one nice parent.

It depends on how he is with his children. I've seen some very good fathers and some very questionable ones. I would probably not date a single father anytime soon since I'm inexperienced in dating, much less mating. I'm 23 and rather child-like myself. I work and go to grad school and everything, but I'm not yet ready to take care of 2 or 3 tots. I'm just not in that place in life.

Traditional, with a forward mindset. I think everyone should do their best for the other person. I'm pro-equality, but Anti-laziness on the male part.

Singmeanything

I always have an urge to corrupt them.

I get NERVOUS. But I like to make the first move because I like to feel in control

No. I mean..it depends on what you mean pretty though

Never. I have a pattern of dating mama boys and they all end up horrid situations

NO!! Just because he can get someone pregnant does not mean he grows up overnight.

Modern. I feel weird when guys pay for me. I like to hold my own and be independent. BUT on the other side it does make me feel special when someone does pay for me.

Cydonian

* I think it can be cute, it depends on how shy. Shy guys generally also have trouble discussing things with you or duking it out in an argument, which I like. I like to have a heated back and forth discussion with someone if I need to, not just stand there and talk AT someone.

* It depends on how they approach me. I have a problem with being stared at -- I get very uncomfortable. So there's enjoying the view and oogling, to me anyway. If I'm out somewhere and a guy is sort of admiring and then maybe comes over and strikes up a conversation, that's fine. But I can't stand the staring down my shirt or watching me bend over and then trying to walk up all suave like you know you're going to get up into it! lol

* I like a guy to be sensitive when it's appropriate and to care about his appearance. But too fussy annoys me.

* This question made me LOL. Mama's boys almost always stay mama's boys...

*I honestly don't have an opinion on this, as I've never dated a guy with kids. I can't really render a fair opinion.

*A combination of both. I like to be wooed, not really chased as that is just too much work, but I like a guy to put an effort forth and make it known that he likes me. I like the little romantic dates and grabbing coffee, or going to lunch. I've never been much of a hook up type of girl.

sweetbabyblue

A little endearing, I don't mind shyness as long as they open up after awhile and are able to hold up a conversation as opposed to being completely antisocial. I'd rather not be responsible for whole conversations because I'd just get bored and feel uncomfortable.
If they're the right type, for example I'm not a fan of being hit on by men more than double my age. It's rather strange that I don't get approached by guys my age..maybe they're too shy?
I do have a bf so I'm not actually looking anyway but it would've been flattering!
Depends how pretty and if they have the ego to boot. Sometimes I think of pretty boys as players and I just stay far away. I like my guys a little rough, but please, shave, get your hair cut and use deodorant
lol.gif

I like my boys independent. I'm not sure I'd go for a mommy's boy.
At my age, no.
Bit of a mix, but I think it's a spectrum and everyone's at a different point of the spectrum between the two, it's hard to just say one or the other

she

shy men need love too.. i kinda prefer them. i'm not shy.

yes... often... with large wallets

nonono.gif
they're girls

they become "mama's little man" in her eyes.. otherwise they stay on the breast.

if court ordered child support counts as stability....

i think i'm just me so i will go with modern