R.i.p. Aus!

SARAHluvsMAC

That is right y'all... i don't know if you've heard yet, and I hate to spoil it for you but AUS is officially gone, thrown out the window, never coming back...

oh.gif
)

giz2000

That is the BEST thing that could have ever happened!! NOw if they could just get rid of the IPT...
clap.gif

bellezzadolce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
That is right y'all... i don't know if you've heard yet, and I hate to spoil it for you but AUS is officially gone, thrown out the window, never coming back...

oh.gif
)

I have not heard of this, but how sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

MisStarrlight

Yeah, we were told this too....I don't know that I'm falling for it though. We still have to keep track of it all.
hmm.gif

maxcat

You just made my day!!!!! First I heard of it - we were told our AUS was more important than our goal... WOOOHOOO
AUS was bloody destructive. (Lalli - it's the average $$ per sale. The expectation was we should average around 50 bucks per transaction.)
It was *worse* than commission because it was the same pressure to sellsellsell without the financial reward... and answers the question of why we were all cowering under the counter if you just popped by wanted to buy a replacement sponge. It was destroying customer service and getting some artists at the counter up to all sorts of stupidity. Customers shouldn't be punished for wanting to just buy a pencil sharpener, and we shouldn't be punished for helping them.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
You just made my day!!!!! First I heard of it - we were told our AUS was more important than our goal... WOOOHOOO
AUS was bloody destructive.
It was *worse* than commission because it was the same pressure to sellsellsell without the financial reward... and answers the question of why we were all cowering under the counter if you just popped by wanted to buy a replacement sponge. It was destroying customer service and getting some artists at the counter up to all sorts of stupidity. Customers shouldn't be punished for wanting to just buy a pencil sharpener, and we shouldn't be punished for helping them.

Ugh! I know what you mean. MUAs would literally hide/run away from customers just wanting their Chestnut lip liner. And being the newest permanent kid, some of them would pass their onsies off to me, cause they couldn't mess up their good numbers....but mine were of course ok to run into the ground.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Ugh! I know what you mean. MUAs would literally hide/run away from customers just wanting their Chestnut lip liner. And being the newest permanent kid, some of them would pass their onsies off to me, cause they couldn't mess up their good numbers....but mine were of course ok to run into the ground.

rofl.gif
LOVED that one. I just flat out refused when that happened to me. They never tried *that* again.

AND hide from the Lipstick displayer... another favourite...or vanish when someone walked up to it.. because most people who do that just want one nice lipstick to brighten their day. Let's all light a candle tonight and pray this is a permanent thing.

ms.marymac

nanaparty.gif

Quote:
That is the BEST thing that could have ever happened!! NOw if they could just get rid of the IPT...

Word!

I am so glad that they did this. It really was bad for CS. I always thought it defeated the purpose of not having a commission.

SARAHluvsMAC

its definetely true... my manager was at a managers meeting and kim(apparently some VP) told them and there were tears of joy, literally because she said that mac has lost some great artists because of it and its never coming back because we want to focus on artistry and customer service and that is not possible when artists are stressed over AUS all day

giz2000

Quote:
she said that mac has lost some great artists because of it

Word on that!! I personally know of at least 10 long-time MAC MA's (super talented, and even more important, super nice) that left MAC because of the AUS/IPT (which is item per transaction...it's a VERY big deal down here in So. Fla....it had better be 3 items or more)....
ssad.gif

giz2000

Quote:
ipt doesnt really have any hold over here... as long as u made ur goal

You're lucky...here, they want both...you can make your goal, but all your transactions better have more than 3 items...or you can get written up.

As a freelancer (and having worked permanent before), I always bust my butt to make sure the transactions have at the very least 2 items...sometimes, you have the 1 item transactions, but those come with the territory...I try to help the perm MA's make their goal and not ruin their numbers...so I spread the love all around.

Here's the sad part...I sell SO much more now than when I was permanent...that sucks for me!

FacesbyNiki

Yup, we got the new last night in a meeting. No more AUS or IPT. Just focus on customer service, your goal and artistry. :dancey:

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Yup, we got the new last night in a meeting. No more AUS or IPT. Just focus on customer service, your goal and artistry. :dancey:

Congrats to you girls!!!. At the end of the day that's what it's should be all about!
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

You just don't know how much stress those letters put us under. Now we can focus on having fun and beating some faces!!! :dancey:

MacVirgin

Well i can only imagine
ssad.gif
... but know you guys can have some fun and focus on making people pretty instead of reaching a goal

Latest posts