R.i.p. Aus!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
I absolutely love my damn job now. Productivity was always my specialty. I have never NOT made my goal and right now I am so far over my ytd goal that if I didn't make anouther dollar then I'd be okay. Cheesing and smiling ear to ear ;-)

It's less stress. You don't mind ringing up the pencil sharpener if that's all they want.
cheerleader.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by squasheebla
yeah my manager claims that that is untrue and it still applies to us. freaking great

its the one thing i really dont like about working for mac

oh no. i just saw this.
ssad.gif
where are you located?

ms.marymac

I dunno, I feel like I did better when I didn't have people hounding me all the time about AUS, I thought that others said so as well. (?) I was thinking the economy had something to do with goals suffering, but who knows.

Edited to say I always did fine with goals, but AUS/IPT was never my forte.

calbear

yeah - i knew it was coming back. I did well with goal either way but aus/ipt was not my thing. I didn't mind that sharpener, sponge or pump. It was money in my pocket (goal wise ;-) But we are back to others ignoring customers who only want one item and all the other fun things that went along with aus/ipt. oh well - i'll take the onesies. I don't have to be the best in aus/ipt just in the middle.

MAC_Whore

AUS/IPT was never my strong area either, but I usually met or exceeded my goal.

I didn't care what MAC said, if the counter is slammed and a customer only wants to buy a sponge, I am:

A) Not going to force a product on her to up my AUS/IPT
B) Going to ring her up so that the rest of the customers who need assistance can get helped

It just seems like common sense and common courtesy, does it not? I refused to buy into the whole AUS/IPT on principle.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
AUS/IPT was never my strong area either, but I usually met or exceeded my goal.

I didn't care what MAC said, if the counter is slammed and a customer only wants to buy a sponge, I am:

A) Not going to force a product on her to up my AUS/IPT
B) Going to ring her up so that the rest of the customers who need assistance can get helped

It just seems like common sense and common courtesy, does it not? I refused to buy into the whole AUS/IPT on principle.

Same here. I make my goal so I don't understand why it has to be in certain increments. It's still the same amount. Oh well.

amoona

Ok so question - I was only a freelancer when AUS/IPT was strongly informed and I guess now they're bringing it back but they haven't "officially" brought it back in our region. They have been tracking them so I figure the official announcement will be made shortly.

Anyway I have made my goal consistently since I've been with MAC and I've been at either #1 or #2 at both locations I've been at - but my AUS is not what it's supposed to be. I mean honestly if a customer only wants a lipgloss they only want a lipgloss. I'm not in the business of pushing product. Will not making your AUS but making your goal have any effect? Could I be written up or anything because of this? Or do I just have to continue to listen to my manager telling me why it's so important to make AUS?

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Ok so question - I was only a freelancer when AUS/IPT was strongly informed and I guess now they're bringing it back but they haven't "officially" brought it back in our region. They have been tracking them so I figure the official announcement will be made shortly.

Anyway I have made my goal consistently since I've been with MAC and I've been at either #1 or #2 at both locations I've been at - but my AUS is not what it's supposed to be. I mean honestly if a customer only wants a lipgloss they only want a lipgloss. I'm not in the business of pushing product. Will not making your AUS but making your goal have any effect? Could I be written up or anything because of this? Or do I just have to continue to listen to my manager telling me why it's so important to make AUS?

From what I understand, it doesn't have the same exact impact as it did before (being written up/canned eventually). They are however really trying to encourage you to meet the requirement. Maybe someone else can clarify exactly what's going on.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
So they used to can people if they made their goal but not their AUS?!

They did at my counter. Two girls got the axe over that. That was ages ago though.

calbear

And at my old location when aus/ipt was in effect, it was actually WAYYYY more important than goal. There were girls who never made their goals but had great aus/ipt's and they got all the praise and opportunities.

Those were the 'good' old days - a customer would take a sharpener off the unit and stand there for ages waiting to be rung up. Artist's and manager's alike all ignoring and you would walk out fromm your break or wherever and get 'stuck' with it. I never minded but there was constant drama/conflict over stuff like that.

All the new girls are worried cause they have heard the stories. It won't be long for aus/ipt is back in your touchbase and you will be getting ranked and your job will be in jeopardy.

II3rinII

AUS effin sucks!! one day i had the highest sales of everyone but my aus was under $40 =(, but then i had a day where i did appointment after appointment, my sales werent as high, but my aus was like over $50. i need to somehow find a happy medium where both my sales and aus is high.

oh and as 3rd we now have to call in our sales to our srm at 1 and 5 o'clock. which is annoying, cuz what if im with a customer!! "hold on ma'am sales are down so i need to check in with my regional, sorry to interrupt our makeover here..." seems kinda counter productive. once i called them like 10 min after 1 and my manager was like "oh were you with a customer? you cant forget to call them in" i said "yes, actually a lady who wanted a mascara and red lipstick just bought $96 after i sat her down.." that pleased my manager. and every hour on the hour we have to write down our sales and the stores AUS, and its just annoying how they get mad if we miss writing it down - but im sorry if im with a customer, thats whos important, they are the reason we essentially have sales, if we piss them off we wont have an aus! ohhh and our VFB goal is insane right now... like the economy is suffering so bad right now and they expect us to sell how much??? =( sometimes i wish i were just there to do pretty makeup, dont get me wrong, i love my job, but these things stress me out.

andicandi3x12

Its things like this that scare me. If I do get an offer I dont know if I wanna deal with AUS because this subject seems to get you guys down and Ive never had to sell sell sell even tho Im in retail (sort of) I just focus on CS but it sounds like that isnt enough and I would die if I lost a job over something like this AUS even if overall sales are high.