rachael ray is my dream woman...

queenofdisaster

i am sooo happy her new show is coming out! she's the shit!
clap.gif

brandiisamonkey

meh shes ok...

I hate her for teh crappy tips she leaves though.. im a waitress, she once worked in a resturant she should know how it is and should leave better tips, even if she tips off camera thats not ok, its teaching the dumb that its ok to be cheap...

caffn8me

I hope her daytime talk show is a success. I was in the audience for the filming of Nigella Lawson's daytime talk show. She's often billed as the "domestic goddess" and is a wonderful cook but her talk show really didn't work and the channel it was on pulled the plug after the first series.

I never even saw the show I was in the audience for as it was due to be broadcast on the 7th July last year but other events took over television coverage (the London 7/7 bombings)

queenofdisaster

at first tbh, she annoyed me, but darn did she grow on me.... i get a lot of ideas from 30 minute meals. i dont know how she does it so fast, though. takes me like an hour and a half...

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I like watching her too, but if she says EVOO one more time....
th_remoteImage-61.gif

My favorite is Paula Deen. Her son's aren't bad either!!
graucho.gif
graucho.gif
graucho.gif

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
at first tbh, she annoyed me, but darn did she grow on me.... i get a lot of ideas from 30 minute meals. i dont know how she does it so fast, though. takes me like an hour and a half...

Cause they already have the stuff prepared and set up. It only takes 30 minutes to cook everything but it probably took 2 hours to set that stuff up and make it look all pretty. Plus she probably has something cooking before the show in order to make the time at the end. But I love her anyways!
greengrin.gif

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
th_remoteImage-61.gif

graucho.gif
graucho.gif
graucho.gif

I know. When I first started watching, I was like "What the heck is EVOO?"
hmm.gif
I caught on after that, but it is annoying. I love Paula, too! I love that twang of hers. She's a G.R.I.T.S.
smiles.gif

sewpunk

I like Rachel, but Paula really annoys me. Everything Paula cooks seems unhealthy. At least Rachael will occasional put together some simple dishes fairly light in calories.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I LOVEE Paula ! she uses like 2 sticks of butter for everything. unhealthy but probably the most tastey dish you will ever eat.
haha I know what you mean.. 30 minute meals my ass...
"why does her water boil so fast!!"
Takes me at least an hour or so .

MxAxC-_ATTACK

did anyone catch her show today? I caught a little sliver of it...
she was making some 7 minute lunch.. haha i cant even make a decient pb&j in 7 minutes. she made a pesto chicken dish with arugala on top/

csuthetaphi

I love this thread. The Food Network is my all-time favorite channel. I think Rachael is pretty cool. I like her 30 min meals show, but I have to admit, the bad tipping on $40 a day has always driven me crazy. Overall, I have gotten a lot of good cooking ideas from her.

Paula Dean is my absolute favorite!!! She is hilareous! I love her Southern, laid back personality and sense of humor. Yeah, she puts 10lbs of butter in everything, but thats her cooking style! She really seems to enjoy life! Her sons are pretty cute too!

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
th_remoteImage-61.gif

graucho.gif
graucho.gif
graucho.gif

I'm going to totally agree with the EVOO comment... that makes me batty
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Oh also, the 30 minute meal jazz... everything is where it should be and she doesnt have to search for stuff... that always adds another 20 minutes to my cooking.

poddygirl

I caught RR's talk show today and hat-ed it ... she was extremely irritating after about 10 minutes. Even the cooking segment was bad ... I doubt she will be on for long. That being said - I rell like her cooking show, just don't think she can hack hosting an hour long chat-type show.

My fave TV cook is Nigella Lawson - she's British and I watched her on the UK food channel *all* the time when I lived over there. Good news is that her show is starting on the Food Network on Oct. 1. Check her out
clap.gif

ette

th_crazy2.gif
She's sooo annoying I think!! She drives me insane...what she makes on 30 Minute Meals looks good though, but it definently doesn't take 30 minutes :shrug: .

Latest posts