• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Rainbow Tutorial

krystalena

So, today I decided I would do a tutorial on a "rainbow eye".
This is the look we will be doing:
FinalLook1.jpg

FinalLook2.jpg

This is all after foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, and blush have been applied....

The Tools
Tools1.jpg

Tools2.jpg

Pressed (or loose) powder for under eye coverage
White eyeliner
Vaseline
L'oreal HIP Flamboyant Duo
Milani in Garden Mist (Greem in palette)
Milani in Atlantis (blue in palette)
Milani in Sheer Sand (light nude in palette)
Milani in Powder Puff
Maybeline Ultra liquid Eyeliner
Covergirl Perfectblend Eyeliner
L'oreal Telescopic Lash Mascara

Step 1:
Apply a thick layer of powder under your eye to collect any eyeshadow that may fall onto your cheeck. With the powder under the shadow, it's easy to brush off.
Step1-1.jpg

Step2-1.jpg

Step 2:
Create the outline of your eyeshadow shape using your white eyeliner pencil.
Step3-1.jpg

We're also going to divide our lid for the shadows. I like doing this because I tend to run out of room if I don't.
Step4-1.jpg

Step 3:
Apply a thin layer of Vaseline (or base of your chose) to your eyelid. Be careful not to smear your lines but make sure to pat Vaseline over them.
Step5-1.jpg

Step6-1.jpg

Step 4:
Apply the yellow shadow into your inner corner.
Step7-1.jpg

Step8-1.jpg

Step9-1.jpg

Step 5:
Apply the green shadow onto the middle of the lid. You can blend now, or save it for later. I prefer to blend last.
Step10-1.jpg

Step11-1.jpg

Step12-1.jpg

Step 6:
Apply the blue eye shadow onto the outer corner of your eye.
Step13-1.jpg

Step14-1.jpg

Step15-1.jpg

Step 7:
Blend! Because i wanted the green to stand out the most, I dipped my fluffy blending brush into the green and blended it into the yellow and blue. I also had to pick up a little more yellow and blue as I blended.
Step16-1.jpg

Step18-1.jpg

Step 8:
Take your Sheer Sand and apply it just above the shadow, but not quite into the brow bone. Blend the Sheer Sand into the shadow.
Step19-1.jpg

Step20-1.jpg

Step 9:
Apply the Milani Powder Puff under your brow bone and above the Sheer Sand.
Step21-1.jpg

Step22-1.jpg

Step 10:
Blend the Sheer Sand and Powder Puff together.
Step23-1.jpg

Step 11:
Line your top lash line with liquid liner.
Step24-1.jpg

Step25-1.jpg

Step 12:
Brush off the powder from under your eyes.
Step26-1.jpg

Step 13:
Line your lower lash line with the white eyeliner. This is going to be the base. After lining the lashes, cover a third of your lash line in the blue, another third with the green, and a final third with the yellow. Blend the colors toghether and line your water line with a black eyeliner pencil.
Step27-1.jpg

Step28-1.jpg

Step29-1.jpg

Step30-1.jpg

Step31-1.jpg

Step32-1.jpg

Step 14:
Curl your lashes and apply mascara to the top and bottom!
Step33-1.jpg

Step34-1.jpg

Step35-1.jpg

Step 15:
You're done!!
Step36-1.jpg

Step37-1.jpg

MaCNooB

Awesome tutorial! I love how you use the white eyeliner to separate the colors...and you have a beautiful face

AfricanaEyes

Wooow, separating with the eyeliner is a novel idea! I've got that Loreal HIP duo and love it!! You did an awesome job! Keep up the great work.

Hilly

I love your white eyeliner trick! I have MAC Fascinating white el, but it seems to hard and hurts when I draw it on my eyes. Do you warm yours up to soften it so it is easy to apply?

krystalena

Thanks everyone...

hdirenzo, my eyeliner is already pretty soft so i dont really have to do anything to it

TIERAsta

thanks to you i've been investing in a lot of milani! i think i'll attempt this look soon! gorgeous job girl!

this is my favorite tutorial...i love it...thanks for taking the time to make this...it really help dummies like me...haha...keep them coming

clap.gif