really DRY Skin. pls HELP!

alaylam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
yeah proactiv dries me out too, especially the lotion! but it works...that's why during the day time i cleanse and use the toner but i use my clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel and at night i use the proactiv lotion.

and honey? i've never heard of using that! it doesn't make you break out or anything? what kind of skin do you have? i have combo...comfortable in the cheeks and oily in the t-zone.

Nope, doesn't break me out at all. My skin is all over the place, sometimes is seems super oily then other times I get dry patches. It's not really localized to my T-zone or anything, but I guess I'd call mine combination skin as well. I find the proactiv cleanser to be the most drying for me - I actually like the lotion, but find it makes my skin feel greasy once it's all absorbed.

Anyways... the honey is fabulous for many reasons. Read here:
http://www.pioneerthinking.com/nhb_beauty.html

And I'm glad Cetaphil has worked out for you! I used to use that a few years ago... maybe I should try it again...

semtexgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaylam
I use proactiv, which is the BEST thing for my acne but the WORST thing for trying to deal with dry skin. The combination of proactiv and Canadian winters usually leaves my skin feeling and looking like a piece of toast. But this winter I've been using honey on my face after I'm done cleansing, and holy jeeze, I didn't have a single dry patch on my face the whole season. In fact my skin is smoother and nicer looking than it's ever been before! I just washed my face as usual, then rubbed in some honey and washed it off right away. It leaves the skin sooo smooth and nice for putting makeup on too. I'd recommend it!

Wow, honey? I definately gotta try that! LOL I hope I don't lick it off before it has a chance to work it's magic on my face!