Reasons why I love SpecKtra

SMMY

I thought after Janice's post, it would be nice to start an open love letter to Specktra and the admins and mods who work so hard on giving us a place to discuss our love of all things MAC. Having worked on a forum before, I know how much hard work it is, half of which is never seen. So kudos and thanks to Janice and company for giving us this wonderful place to hangout.
urock.gif

So these are the reasons I love Specktra;

1. Friendly, well-informed posters.
2. Loads of information on upcoming collections, so I can budget accordingly.
3. The place makes me laugh on most days. Sometimes inappropriately (CoC!)
blush-anim-cl.gif

4. Loads of improvements to the site and fun things to read such as Specktra secrets that weren't here when I first registered years ago.
and I'll add more as I think of them.

So come on, let's share the love for this place.

Shaquille

Re: Reasons why I love Spectra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY

4. Loads of improvements to the site and fun things to read such as Specktra secrets that weren't here when I first registered years ago.

I totally agree with these
yes.gif
here's my version:

1. Useful posts such as the upcoming collections, swatches, FOTDs and traincase - look how much the members have given us ideas on how to create our own vanity
2. Friendly members - at least those are the people I deal with on Clearance Bin section, they're so nice.

I'll add more when I something else came up
yes.gif

kobri

Well I am still relatively new so I haven't even discovered all the parts of the site yet, but here goes:
Friendly people with a lot of knowledge about MAC who share my passion and actually understand makeup obsession ( unlike most people I know IRL)- even if they are a bunch of rotten enablers!
cutey.gif

FOTD's so I can see new ways to use the products I have , new techniques etc. I also like that the FOTD's are members only so you don't windup with obnoxious anonymous posters like on other sites.

All the information, it is just amazing what people can find out ahead of time!

We don't only talk about MAC- love the chatter threads, deep thoughts etc.

And finally the Swatch Thread/Colour Collections discussions (damn them!)

Krasevayadancer

Smmy, you totally stole the idea right out of my head, you mind reader you
winkiss.gif

Reasons I love specktra:
1. The one place I go to for all the latest mac info. Where else can I get my fix of beauty news and cosmetic discussion
2. It is the one place I can go to where I feel like i won't be judged or treated badly
3. I have made some enduring and what I hope to be lifelong friends
4. The mods are awesome and care about their members
5. It provides a wonderful escape when I need it

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY

3. The place makes me laugh on most days.

iagree.gif
as well!! I love being part of Specktra, I am what you can call a proud member
winks.gif

Specktra is a place to meet nice people all over the world and to share your passion for MAC with others who really understand you, who are excited about new collections just like yourself and who are delighted for you if you get a new haul.

Specktra helps me to relax after a hard day at work and take my mind off things!

THANKS a lot for all this work that the staff has with this site. We love you for that!
winkiss.gif

Cinci

What I like about specktra:

It gives me a chance to connect with others who share the same interest as me.

I learn more about products or get ideas for make up from other girls. I've learned so much more about the previous collections and bought so many products based on other girls experiences & comments about them.

Everyone is really helpful and willing to try and show others what might work for them, or offer up advise on color selections.

I've managed to track down products that i couldn't find on ebay - and I worry much less about buying fakes on here than I would on ebay! The shopping experience is much more personal on here!

yodagirl

Reasons I
heart.gif
Specktra:

*All I could ever want to know about MAC is in one place
*Not only is it a place to talk make-up, but also a place to talk about other interests and life issues
*Get to see real, fabulous swatches of new colors and not just the awful website ones
tong.gif

*Super friendly and helpful people

I really love hanging out here...Thank you to Janice and the mod team for all you do
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

Quote:
3. The place makes me laugh on most days. Sometimes inappropriately (CoC!)

ITA!!! The first time I saw that, I really did a double take!

I've met some awesome people, whom I consider friends. People I so wish lived closer to me & who could be in my every day life.

While the love of makeup is what most likely initially brought us to this forum, we can talk about anything.

Different people=different techniques.

pennybeau

I love Specktra because I think the administrators really do have good hearts. I think they have a sincere feeling for their members and are always eager to help in any way they can.

I also love Specktra because it is constantly evolving. With it's fairly new radio show, and all the new ideas that are constantly being introduced, it really has a lot to offer.

I love Specktra because even though I'm a boy who loves makeup, I can still be appreciated and seen as an equal.

[kisses and hugs]

pretebrowneyes

This is a great idea....
I love Specktra cuz.....
  • I have learned so much from the FOTDs, stats and storage sections. This (IMO) is the most diverse group of makeup lovers with so many different techniques and experiences.
  • The chatter forum is a Godsend for long boring days. I love that we can discuss shows, random stuff, men..and whatever floats our boats on any given day. It cracks me up on the daily!
  • The Clearance Bin is DA BOMB!!! I've been able to experiment with and experience some pretty cool pretty things when shopping at the counter was out of my budget. Thanks ladies!
Honestly every single thing about this forum has served a great purpose for me....so glad my bff told me about it....Ok...I'm all veklempt
cry.gif
....MAC makeup and it's effect on young divas...DISCUSS!
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
Reasons I
heart.gif
Specktra:

*All I could ever want to know about MAC is in one place
*Not only is it a place to talk make-up, but also a place to talk about other interests and life issues
*Get to see real, fabulous swatches of new colors and not just the awful website ones
tong.gif

*Super friendly and helpful people

I really love hanging out here...Thank you to Janice and the mod team for all you do
smiles.gif

What she said.
winkiss.gif

Tianik

OMG! I'm totally new here but I already love Specktra.
Oh, let me count the ways...

1) The cool, open-minded, non-judgmental people who frequent this wonderful forum! I know that they understand what this 'addiction' is.

2) FOTDs and the tutorial videos! Enables me to buy colors that I would otherwise have no idea what to do with but have always lusted after

3) Information on upcoming collections. My bank account does NOT love Specktra in this regard.

4) Swatches posted by people of all different skin tones so I can get a better understanding of how each color may look

5) Generally, it's just a fun site to visit!

Keep up the awesome work! I love this place!

NtheSticks

make up tips for those who don't give a fig about being 'glammed'

it's all right to go for the more 'bare' look

it's all right to go for the raging tropical bird look

and some people in chatter even have enough sense to write in complete sentences rather than 'text lingo'

rbella

1.)***EASY TO NAVIGATE***
2.)Tuts and FOTD's are tremendously helpful
3.)I know more about what is coming up in future MAC collections than my own MA does because of this site.
4.)Janice
5.)There aren't any bitch fights or trolling.
6.)Everyone is so fun and positive.
7.)We are all different age ranges and from different cultures but on this site, we are one.
8.)All my new friends.

SkylarV217

* It has greatly ( I mean unbelievably) improved my make up skills
* I have made many wonderful new friends
* I have a safe place to go for advice
* Lovely ladies that give Wonderful UNBIASED Advice
* A place to discuss things that you can't with friends & Family ... Where you trust the people you are talking to.
* Intelligent and hysterical moderators

nikki

I have learned so much since joining Specktra last year!!! Everyone here is so helpful and nice. It is so nice to have a place to visit where people enjoy many of the same things as myself. It is a great escape after a day of running after my very active 3 and 5 yr olds ;-) . Thanks to Janice for starting Specktra and all of her wonderful mods that help keep it running smooth!!!

coachkitten

Oh man where to I even begin! How do I love Specktra? Let me count the ways....

1. All of the great people on here who contribute to the threads and all of the scoop we get on upcoming MAC collections.
2. All of the wonderful friends that I have made from visiting the site so often. Some of these people I hope to stay friends with for a long time.
3. FOTD section. Where I can be inspired to attempt looks and color combos that I never thought possible. I also love the tutorial section which has helped me work on my skills.
4. The Clearance Bin! I love looking at what people have for sale and selling things that I don't want to good loving homes.
5. The Mods. They all bring something unique to the table and make this place IMO the best forum around (makeup or otherwise).
smiles.gif

I love Specktra and I feel like this is a second home to me. I don't know what I would do if it wasn't here for me everyday.
smiles.gif

rbella

Holy Crap, I forgot the Clearance Bin!!! And, the mods and advisors. Please forgive me. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!

KikiB

Here are my reasons:

1. While it is moderated, I do not feel here that I am walking around on eggshells. I am a member at a large forum that I will not name, and it is so moderated and such that I never post there for the most part anymore. That being said, all the mods are super cool and have helped create the best forum I have ever been on.

2. The people here are so nice, I'm not someone who comes in and is like "Hey I'm new", I just like to jump right in. Everybody is so welcoming, so this is where I spend most of my time.

3. The layout of the forums are easy-to-follow and there is something for everyone-I, like some of you, have gotten vanity inspiration from looking at people's collections, and it is also fun to not only post what I have but to see the insane things that other people have.

4. Just being in a place where there are people as obsessed with makeup as me!

5. Getting to know about collections in advance, which then allows me to budget out accurately for what I want.

6. None of the catty drama-I deal with enough of that at work.

7. An outlet for me to not only express my love for makeup of all brands, but to get even more obsessed, and to see ways to help perfect techniques so that I can get even better, and who knows...maybe do makeup art one day. You never know, ladies!

Jot

I think Specktra is a great place hence i spend so much time here.

I've learnt so much from the FOTDs and tuts and go to them for inspiration daily - i'm always jotting down colour combos on pieces of paper at work.

Its a really friendly suportive environment - both regarding make up and any personal issues people raise.

I feel really cared for by people who have sent me lovely messages when i've posted i was sad.

It has completely enabled by make up addiction - i had no idea about monthly collections and now i am not only aware but able to research via reivews and swatches that people give up there time to post, and its something to get excited about

Love to all who contribute and those who make this amazing place keep ticking. - Remember people are always quicker to complain than praise

Latest posts