Red lipstick

User27

DSC00052.jpg

I'm officially in love with Port Red and Ladybug. Glam isn't my fave but it's there....damn I need to learn to love mattes. LMD84 never show me pics of reds again...or at least until I'm bored with the ones I have. xD I'm finally considering Love Alert d/g now that it will be harder to find....just my luck.

NW25 with no base if anyone needs the info. =)

LMD84

hee hee! i'll try!

ladybug is a lovely looking red! and i like lustres because they can be sheer or you can build them up a bit. ruby woo is still my number one red though!

GlamQueen21

The only Red lipstick that I own is Kanga Rouge. I love it and it's my first Amplified Creme lipstick finish. I would love to own more reds.

Dani California

OMG do I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed resolutely red? Anybody got it? How deep is it? I love the look of it!!
greengrin.gif

I have a red fetish I think lol . Also what about Russian Red? I fancy it, but I'm not sure how strong it would be on my very pale skin. I like MAC red but it is very strong, even when blotted on my skintone.

Dita von teese anybody? http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:v...Von-Teese3.jpg sorry couldn't get image to show up properly. Also the pic in my avatar at the moment
greengrin.gif

What the heck is that colour? I love it on her!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I perused Bunny<3's update of his train case and noticed a lipstick called Queen's Sin and it jumped out at me. Does anybody have a swatch for this one? I tried a search and lots of collections and some other train cases show up but I'd love to see a swatch on skin. That thing looks gorgeous and I want it.....

Many thanks!
smiles.gif

Hey,

the last time I was in GoldenFairy's sale thread I saw that she had it up for sale, I don't know if it's still tehre but it's worth a look
smiles.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
OMG do I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed resolutely red? Anybody got it? How deep is it? I love the look of it!!
greengrin.gif

I have a red fetish I think lol . Also what about Russian Red? I fancy it, but I'm not sure how strong it would be on my very pale skin. I like MAC red but it is very strong, even when blotted on my skintone.

Dita von teese anybody? http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:v...Von-Teese3.jpg sorry couldn't get image to show up properly. Also the pic in my avatar at the moment
greengrin.gif

What the heck is that colour? I love it on her!

Russian Red is a really bold color; I think it will be even stronger than MAC Red.

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Russian Red is a really bold color; I think it will be even stronger than MAC Red.

Omg, thank you for the warning eeeeeeeeek.
thmbup.gif
Maybe a try before you buy kinda shade then?

I was drooling over yet more reds yesterday whilst out shopping
lol.gif
I have my eye on a Lancome one, l'absolu rouge or whatever they're called anyway its shade no 130 which is rouge desir.......gawd its love
greengrin.gif
It looks like more of an orangey red the woman had it on and she looked lovely in it.
thmbup.gif

What other brands of red do you all like? I'm feeling like branching out and want lots of ideas to try hehe
greengrin.gif

dreamer246

I think MAC makes some of the best red lipsticks out there.
yes.gif

Russian Red is gorgeous though, don't be intimidated by it. My only complain would be that it's too drying.

I think NARS and Chanel has some pretty decent red lippies too. But if you want something that is super duper bold and in-your-face unapologetic RED color, go with MAC!
winks.gif

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I think MAC makes some of the best red lipsticks out there.
yes.gif

Russian Red is gorgeous though, don't be intimidated by it. My only complain would be that it's too drying.

I think NARS and Chanel has some pretty decent red lippies too. But if you want something that is super duper bold and in-your-face unapologetic RED color, go with MAC!
winks.gif

I quite agree!!
greengrin.gif

nunu

My favorite Red lipsticks are both is MAC, and they are Russian red lipstick and Queen Sin
smiles.gif

Dani California

I got resolutely red, its beautiful.
yes.gif

I love it but I want to know if theres any dupes for it? anyone know?
Its lovely on pale skin
greengrin.gif

kenmei

Not sure if anyone recommended this yet, but NARS Red Lizard is drop dead gorgeous.
greengrin.gif
It's perfect for that classy, vintage pout!!

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
My favorite Red lipsticks are both is MAC, and they are Russian red lipstick and Queen Sin
smiles.gif

I wish I could get my hands on Queen Sin
sigh.gif

HoneyDip

can anybody recommend a drugstore alternative for a blue based red lipstick? (a color close to MAC 'russian red' that everyone seems to love). I'm new to red lipsticks and kinda wanna try out some cheaper stuff just to experiment with it =) thx guys&dolls!

Sexy Sadie

From the drugstore. Artdeco.

Artdecos Perfect Color Listick # 13.03, called Poppy Red. There is a gloss in the same shade as well; Lip Brilliance # 195.06, it is a cream. No shimmer nor glitter.

Last edited:

User38

Revlon matte lipsticks.. nos. 007 or 006 -- both Reds, both spectacular. I think no. 006 In the Red, or vv..lol, is more blue based. I got mine for $ 5.99 and some got BOGOs.