Red lipstick

FiestyFemme

Re: Looking for the perfect red lipstick.

You should try Ruby Woo! It's my favorite red. Very dramatic.
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Re: Looking for the perfect red lipstick.

I know you say you don't wanna go to MAC but I think they make the best red lipsticks. My favourite is Ruby Woo for a true matte red. I've never seen it look "pink" on anyone. If you still want to go more orange red, try Lady Danger.

starryluvly

Okay, I hope it's okay for me to bandwagon on here... my head is spinning from trying to decide which red to go for. Help!
eeksign.gif

I'm an NC40 and I've been told that I've got quite pinky, pigmented lips.

I was thinking of a really nice bright red so that I could do a retroey pin up girl type look. I'm tossing up between Russian Red, Lady Danger and Ruby Woo at the moment but I'm stuck. Any input would be appreciated!D

User38

If you are a newbie to reds, and want to save some $ .. check out the 007 and 006 from REvlon Mattes.. they are both great reds. I think the 007 is more orange based.

MAC red's which are orange based, I like Brave Red.. a cremesheen. As other's mentioned Lady Danger is the best orange red -- oh, and also So Chaud (that is matte and more orange than red)
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Stila's Red Lip palette is a good basic red kit. It has a primer, a warm red, blue red, and a true red all in one, and the colors are buildable and creamy.
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryluvly
Okay, I hope it's okay for me to bandwagon on here... my head is spinning from trying to decide which red to go for. Help!
eeksign.gif

I'm an NC40 and I've been told that I've got quite pinky, pigmented lips.

I was thinking of a really nice bright red so that I could do a retroey pin up girl type look. I'm tossing up between Russian Red, Lady Danger and Ruby Woo at the moment but I'm stuck. Any input would be appreciated!D

I'm NW15, so I'm considerably paler than you, but I'm a red lipstick fiend, and own all of the shades you mentioned.
If I'm not mistaken, they're all mattes, so a bit of balm underneath is going to be essential.
Here's the rundown, though of course YMMV:
Lady Danger - VERY bright clear red, with slight coral undertones. Think the shade Jane Russell wore in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes."
Ruby Woo - Deep, but fairly bright, true red. I especially like this one at Christmas time, because it's a "holly berry red."
Russian Red - Very deep, very blue-based red that looks almost maroon on me. Everyone else seems to just LOVE it, so it's definitely one to check out, but for me it's not really a true red. I like it best with Red Enriched liner.
My all-time favorite true fire-engine red lipstick is the discontinued Powerhouse.

Sushi~Flower

Perfect red lips?
I use MAC Prep N Prime Lip first , then apply a light coating of MAC lip erase (this is Pro Product that will nude out the pigmintation in your lip so that the color stays true). I lightly dust the lips with blot powder to help with the staying power, Next I outline the lip in MAC Redd liner, fill in and then apply Russian Red or Ruby Woo. I usually like to keep the red matte, but if Im performing I will apply Dazzleglass or Lip Glass.
smiles.gif

dreamer246

How does Lady Danger compare to So Chaud? The latter is not available locally, but I'm really interested in it. So any description/pics would really help! TIA!
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

on me the only ones mentioned that comes out as a true red is russian red.. i think with reds it is best to try them on first because they go different on different people.

VickyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
How does Lady Danger compare to So Chaud? The latter is not available locally, but I'm really interested in it. So any description/pics would really help! TIA!
smiles.gif

Lady Danger and So Chaud are very similar colours- So Chaud is more orangey, Lady Danger more red. I originally wanted So Chaud, but it was being phased out and out of stock, so I went with Lady Danger. They really aren't that much different and I don't feel disappointed at a lack of So Chaud.

dreamer246

Is So Chaud being DC'ed as well?!
shockt.gif

I need to get it soon then... I swear that lippie has been haunting me although I've not seen it in person before.
th_crazy2.gif

VickyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Is So Chaud being DC'ed as well?!
shockt.gif

I need to get it soon then... I swear that lippie has been haunting me although I've not seen it in person before.
th_crazy2.gif

It's being discontinued in Australia...the testers are still out and they have tester stock, but none available for sale at the stores I went to. Its how I was able to compare them and be happy with Lady Danger.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I added another red MAC lipstick to my collection: Ruby Woo. I tried on Ruby Woo and Russian Red last time I was at my freestanding and love them both on me but thought Ruby Woo was more dramatic so I got that one.

Now I have: Port Red, Ruby Woo and So Scarlet. Red lips rock!

I am obsessed with So Scarlet. Red She Said and Burnin are up there too. I keep saying I'm going to get Ruby Woo and end up distracted by something else. I only wear them when going out for the evening and wear my Tendertones the rest of the time. XD