Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2014! Who wants to play?

NaomiH

girlhaha.gif

Ajigglin

I'm almost done cataloging my lipsticks. There are colors I swore I owned that I didn't. I don't know if that's good or bad. I really thought I had Fleshpot and Peachstock and a few other pro colors, but I don't. I also own a ton of the more recent releases. Not surprising, because I started as a lipgloss fiend and graduated to lipsticks. I think the lipglasses and their cousins will be the bigger issue. This is a situation where I own things I thought I didn't. Heroine lipglass, for example. I totally forgot I owned one!

GoldenGirl

So proud of myself. I'm passing on the NARS palette AND the MAC palettes. The swatches don't really look all that exciting... is it just me? Like I'm looking for something unique in any of the swatches from any of the palettes and nothing's jumping out at me. Maybe I'm expecting too much since they're neutral palettes after all.. no exciting greens or blues or anything like that.

Anyway, so yeah. I reserve the right to change my mind about the NARS palette if I happen to be near a counter/store and swatch in person. But I don't think I'll be going out of my way to get there.

Kaori

So proud of myself. I'm passing on the NARS palette AND the MAC palettes. The swatches don't really look all that exciting... is it just me? Like I'm looking for something unique in any of the swatches from any of the palettes and nothing's jumping out at me. Maybe I'm expecting too much since they're neutral palettes after all.. no exciting greens or blues or anything like that.

Anyway, so yeah. I reserve the right to change my mind about the NARS palette if I happen to be near a counter/store and swatch in person. But I don't think I'll be going out of my way to get there.
I don't think they are special either! =) Beside, one look at the price tag and I'm over it lol Urban Decay has same quality for cheaper(in palettes) ;P

And I don't understand how MAC can charge so much for talc eyeshadows(cheap filler) o_O no mica in there whatsoever... It got only B from temptalia.

User38

I have sinned
cry.gif
just ordered some products online.. lol. I have been on a selective no buy for awhile now... so it's a minor sin, enabled by ElegantLady
blah.gif

GoldenGirl

I don't think they are special either! =) Beside, one look at the price tag and I'm over it lol Urban Decay has same quality for cheaper(in palettes) ;P

And I don't understand how MAC can charge so much for talc eyeshadows(cheap filler) o_O no mica in there whatsoever... It got only B from temptalia.
See? And I'm not even all into the UD palettes like that. Too much shimmer and this new third one with all the pinks? Not for me.

I DID purchase an organizer and some sifters for some powders I want to use but rarely do because they are so messy. That's ok right guys? It's not makeup.. it's ORGANIZING, so I can see/use the stuff I already have.
girlhaha.gif

kait0

For anyone that uses studio finish concealer - I recently purchased the MAC pro full coverage foundation and it's awesome. Full coverage, great for covering blemishes but can also be used in a sheared out way as a foundation. People have compared it to the studio finish concealer and it's a budget friendly multi-purpose product.. It's 1 oz of product for 37 canadian dollars vs .24 oz studio finish concealer for 22 dollars.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Lol!
I believe someone tried to break in my house last night. I went downstairs to go to the kitchen at around 1am and I saw the light was on outside, then I heard noises in front of the door. When I switched on the light inside for them to see, I heard some steps, like someone was running away. The thing is I live in the middle of nowhere, no street lights, no bus stop, nothing. The door is at the back of the house which faces a forest, no one has any business hanging around there.
Of course I'm scared now that whoever that was will come back, and the thing I worry about the most... my makeup collection being stolen, lol. And I have no idea how to protect myself.

Audrey C

I loooveee SF Concealer, but the FC Foundation is so cakey on my skin. It settles weirdly in my pores, which the SF does not :/
Oh my gosh...how scary. :(

Do you live alone? Was the light on due to a motion detector? Could an animal have triggered it? We're more worried about you than your makeup - be aware and careful. Stay inside and call the police if you even think someone might be out there.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Do you live alone? Was the light on due to a motion detector? Could an animal have triggered it? We're more worried about you than your makeup - be aware and careful. Stay inside and call the police if you even think someone might be out there.
Thanks. No, I don't live alone. The light has a motion detector and I thought about it being an animal at first, but the steps I heard sounded ''heavy''. I can't imagine what kind of animal that could have been. It sounded like a person to me.

PixieDancer

I agree with AC Naynadine!!! THAT is very scary! PLEASE call the cops RIGHT AWAY next time that happens! Better to be safe than sorry!!

xsparrow

So, so in! I need to stop buying makeup for the sake of testing them and forgetting them in my stash! I swear, all my makeup is pretty much only swatched/tested a couple of times! I have so many palettes and foundations (30!!!) to get through! Will keep coming back to this post to stay strong haha!

User38

Now Elegant has some of the NARS pinks up.. lol. I might have to ignore her
heart.gif
tease.gif

just kidding.. she is adorable
friends.gif
and can sure pick winners!