Resolution LOW-BUY 2020

lenchen

Low Buy Check-In ~ May 2020

Purchases:

Pat McGrath Mothership IV decadence- This is the palette that I’ve wanted forever, that finally became available. I got it at the beginning of the month.

Pat McGrath Mothership VIII Devine rose II palette, I was not going to pick this up, as I love the first palette more but Temptalia's swatches and rating ( I usually tend to like what she rates as an A, A+, A-) I went ahead and picked it up.

Hourglass setting spray- I mentioned in the last check in that I wanted to try this as I’m out of the cover FX setting spray, but I would do it with a coupon lo and behold the brand had a promo going on so I jumped on it.

Hair relaxer kit- I purchased so I’m good for the next 9 months.

Total spent for May = $292.00

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP:

Gave away:
nothing this month.

Disposed of:

Nothing at the moment.

Used Up:

nothing this month

On The Horizon:

MAC lipsticks-Bac to MAC

Beauty-

Don’t despair from Brigeo,
conditioner products from Hairveda.
Chanel Gabrielle perfume
Chanel portable coco mademoiselle
Cerave pm lotion
NARS radiant creamy concealer-
Still waiting on Ulta to slide in my mailbox with a coupon!

Fitness
- still walking in my subdivision to get exercise.

monthly favourites-
Tools/Brushes- Sonia G, Chikuhoudo, Hakuhoudo face brushes, and my blue squirrel face brushes
Makeup-Natasha Viseart Neutral, dark mattes, my eyeshadow singles.
MUFE Water blend foundation, Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer, Cover FX setting powder.
NARS Orgasm X, and Taos,

Makeup geek Ablaze highlighter

Quarantine life- Working from home, more than likely this will be permanent. Everything that has been going on in the recent two weeks has been utterly heartbreaking. In reference to Covid-19, the governor has extended our shelter in place until 6/12. Stay safe everyone!

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
  • Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation - Porcelain
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Hourglass Veil Translucent Loose Setting Powder
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows)
  • surratt beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade
  • MAC Prep and Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Warm Taupe
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
  • Makeup Geek Blush - Main Squeeze
  • NARS Velvet Lip Glide - Unlaced

r0mini0n

I'm going to be honest and put out there that in the beginning of the year I wanted my spending to be 2000€ this year or less. June isn't even finished and I have 10€ left of that budget. Yep, you read that right.
I was good in April but then May (my birthday month.. except my bday is only at the END of the month) came around and I was on it treating myself starting May 1st (with the excuse who knows when it's going to get there). Then two days before I had a day off on my birthday, I got some devastating news from my boss. So now I'm just fearing when I'll be put on economical leave. You'd think with news like this you would keep it low on your bday but nope, out I went and stuff I bought. I got some money from my mom and grandma to treat myself but most of it I bought... I felt so ashamed and said no more for June, July and August. Guess what I did today? Yep...
What did I order? Skincare that doesn't seem to work, haircare that I didn't need, make-up I really didn't need, a perfume (I'm not even that into perfumes!). I guess I am really a stress shopper. Now anyways apart from repurchases when a foundation runs out or something, I will try my hardest to not buy anything for three months at least, and only allow myself things from one fall and one holiday collection I want and that's that.

So heightened stress about work and money leads to me eating and buying more. Both not the solutions to my problems, that's for sure!

Anyways just wanted to log this here so I can refer back to it at the end of the year and see how I did in general..

lenchen

I'm going to be honest and put out there that in the beginning of the year I wanted my spending to be 2000€ this year or less. June isn't even finished and I have 10€ left of that budget. Yep, you read that right.
I was good in April but then May (my birthday month.. except my bday is only at the END of the month) came around and I was on it treating myself starting May 1st (with the excuse who knows when it's going to get there). Then two days before I had a day off on my birthday, I got some devastating news from my boss. So now I'm just fearing when I'll be put on economical leave. You'd think with news like this you would keep it low on your bday but nope, out I went and stuff I bought. I got some money from my mom and grandma to treat myself but most of it I bought... I felt so ashamed and said no more for June, July and August. Guess what I did today? Yep...
What did I order? Skincare that doesn't seem to work, haircare that I didn't need, make-up I really didn't need, a perfume (I'm not even that into perfumes!). I guess I am really a stress shopper. Now anyways apart from repurchases when a foundation runs out or something, I will try my hardest to not buy anything for three months at least, and only allow myself things from one fall and one holiday collection I want and that's that.

So heightened stress about work and money leads to me eating and buying more. Both not the solutions to my problems, that's for sure!

Anyways just wanted to log this here so I can refer back to it at the end of the year and see how I did in general..
I totally get the stress shopping, this has been one heck of a year so far..hang in there, don't be too hard on yourself!

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation - Porcelain
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly (I think I'm nearly out of this!)
  • Hourglass Veil Translucent Loose Setting Powder
  • MAC Eyeshadows - Omega (transition), Sumptuous Olive (lid)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadows - Hipster (crease), Rockstar (inner corner)
  • MAC Blush - Next to Skin
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 (also used to warm up crease)
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare
I also decluttered some of my eyeshadow singles today.

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Kosas Tinted Face Oil - 03 (more on this below)
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows), Cool Grey (lashlines)
  • MAC Paint Pot - Camel Coat
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare
So the Tinted Face Oil was a sample I got with a Credo Beauty order a little while back. I first tried it last Wednesday and was intrigued. Used it again today, and love it. 03 was the lightest shade in the sample thingie I got and it still blended into my skin and I didn't get any lines of demarcation. (I think I'm closer to 02, shade-wise.) Kosas' site currently has a value deal going where you can buy the Tinted Face Oil and the Revealer Concealer (which I want to try next) for $58 USD instead of $70, and I'll be ordering that soon(ish).

fur4elise

Lotus_Stillness.jpg
Low / No Buy Journal 2020
May
In this moment of great unrest, grief, anger, fear…I am seeking inner stillness to find clarity, truth and the hope for real change.

I hope all of you are safe, healthy and finding your own way in making sense of all that is happening. ((((Big Virtual Hug))))

As lenchen lenchen said, beauty for me is also a lighthearted happy thing. I kind of checked out for a bit. Hence my super late May post. LOL! July is already right around the corner.

Purchases:

eBay:
NARS Pore & Shine Primer
PTR Potent-C Serum
Tigi Showdown H/S

Farmacy Cherry Clean Balm – I love the Green Clean and I also love cherry, so…

Miss Jessie’s Curls So Fresh Spray (2) – 35% off basically paid for shipping
I was in need of a curl refresher. I wanted to try Curlsmith, but Ulta still has not had a sale coupon. I already use Miss Jessie’s styling products, so when this went on sale I decided to try it.

Hourglass - N° 28 Lip Oil; Scattered Light -Burnish – This was my beauty splurge for May. Hourglass had a 20%FF sale. :heart:

Ulta – Memorial Day sale + giftcard + points = $0 out of pocket 😉
JP Mini Palettes (Nudes & Chocolates); Lancome Grandiose Mascara; the Ordinary Buffet; ABH Mini Dip Brow

Favorites
:heart:
Hourglass - N° 28 Lip Oil – Expensive but awesome!

Fringe Rotation:
Pat McG Fetish Eyes; MJ Velvet Noir; Lancome Hypnose Drama, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer and Lash Paradise Mascara

Used Up:

NARS Pore & Shine Primer – Replenished
PTR Potent-C Serum – Replenished
Benefit Precisely My Brow #5 – I still have a #4 pencil

Disposed Of:
Mascara Round Up: L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer
Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo in Lover
– Tore my lips up the last time I wore it. Chapped for days :cautious:
MAC Brow Set – Time to toss it. I will need a new gel.
Bite Liquid Lip in Flambe – Kind of stinky

I also went through my entire makeup kit, the one I used for makeup gigs, and tossed out just about everything! Lots of it was really past date and not salvageable. No mercy!

Gave Away: Nothing right now. I continue to set aside clothing and home goods to donate when things re-open.

On My Radar:
I absolutely need to replenish my ELDW in Toasty Toffee. Since I have been out in the sun gardening I am solidly in the darker shade. I am going to get another clear eyebrow gel too. I was not impressed with the ABH Dip Brow I purchased. I need to work with it a bit more to see if I can get better results.

Brand new on my lust list is the new ND Bronze eyeshadow palette. This looks super promising for summer beauty. If I get it from Beautylish, I will pick up another bottle of the Good Molecules Niacinamide Toner at the same time.

Big Girl Stuff:
I don’t even know where to start with this. I have only been to our campus 2 times since we closed in March. On Memorial Day weekend, there was an outbreak of rioting and vandalism in downtown Grand Rapids. My campus building was hit. All of the first floor windows (we had expansive windows) were destroyed. Fortunately, there was no internal damage or looting. We were not a target but proximity made the building a target. Repair of the building is going to push us out further for return. It is looking like late July.

Aside from that, I am still working from home. Things have ramped up and I like it. I really like being busy and feeling like I am accomplishing stuff. It will be another adjustment returning to my actual workplace.

Homestuffs:
Flowers, landscaping and garden
~ I have spent lots of time in the yard and cannot believe how much I have done. I doubled the size of my vegetable garden and put up a cute picket fence around it. Needless to say Abby was not happy with me. But I had to do something to keep that pesky dog out of it! I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and several kinds of beans. I am even trying corn this year. This is the earliest I have been able to plant, so I am hoping for some nice produce. For the front of the house, I did the usual hanging flower baskets and planted annuals around the mailbox. I laid out some pavers for my little Japanese maple tree and finally did some edging and pond pebble fill for the front bushes. Working in the yard has doubled as my evening exercise, which could also account for my dip in weight. Either way I’ll take it. Hubs is proud of all the work I have done. Truth is, I probably would not have done as much as I have, if I was not working from home. I have really enjoyed getting good and dirty with all the improvements.

Gardenstuff_June_2020 (1).jpg Gardenstuff_June_2020 (3).jpg
Gardenstuff_June4_2020 (2).jpg Gardenstuff_June4_2020 (3).jpg
Yardstuff_June_2020 (1).jpg
Healthstuffs:

I think my body has finally caught up with my consistency in doing cardio and lifting. Combined with gardening and eating cleaner when Hubs works out of town, I am down 4 pounds. I’ll take it.

That about sums up the past 1 ½ months. All is as good as it can be. As always I wish the best for all of you. Summer is finally here!
x0x0x :heart:

Last edited:

lenchen

View attachment 67756
May
In this moment of great unrest, grief, anger, fear…I am seeking inner stillness to find clarity, truth and the hope for real change.

I hope all of you are safe, healthy and finding your own way in making sense of all that is happening. ((((Big Virtual Hug))))

As lenchen lenchen said, beauty for me is also a lighthearted happy thing. I kind of checked out for a bit. Hence my super late May post. LOL! July is already right around the corner.

Purchases:

eBay:
NARS Pore & Shine Primer
PTR Potent-C Serum
Tigi Showdown H/S

Farmacy Cherry Clean Balm – I love the Green Clean and I also love cherry, so…

Miss Jessie’s Curls So Fresh Spray (2) – 35% off basically paid for shipping
I was in need of a curl refresher. I wanted to try Curlsmith, but Ulta still has not had a sale coupon. I already use Miss Jessie’s styling products, so when this went on sale I decided to try it.

Hourglass - N° 28 Lip Oil; Scattered Light -Burnish – This was my beauty splurge for May. Hourglass had a 20%FF sale. :heart:

Ulta – Memorial Day sale + giftcard + points = $0 out of pocket 😉
JP Mini Palettes (Nudes & Chocolates); Lancome Grandiose Mascara; the Ordinary Buffet; ABH Mini Dip Brow

Favorites
:heart:
Hourglass - N° 28 Lip Oil – Expensive but awesome!

Fringe Rotation:
Pat McG Fetish Eyes; MJ Velvet Noir; Lancome Hypnose Drama, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer and Lash Paradise Mascara

Used Up:

NARS Pore & Shine Primer – Replenished
PTR Potent-C Serum – Replenished
Benefit Precisely My Brow #5 – I still have a #4 pencil

Disposed Of:
Mascara Round Up: L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer
Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo in Lover
– Tore my lips up the last time I wore it. Chapped for days :cautious:
MAC Brow Set – Time to toss it. I will need a new gel.
Bite Liquid Lip in Flambe – Kind of stinky

I also went through my entire makeup kit, the one I used for makeup gigs, and tossed out just about everything! Lots of it was really past date and not salvageable. No mercy!

Gave Away: Nothing right now. I continue to set aside clothing and home goods to donate when things re-open.

On My Radar:
I absolutely need to replenish my ELDW in Toasty Toffee. Since I have been out in the sun gardening I am solidly in the darker shade. I am going to get another clear eyebrow gel too. I was not impressed with the ABH Dip Brow I purchased. I need to work with it a bit more to see if I can get better results.

Brand new on my lust list is the new ND Bronze eyeshadow palette. This looks super promising for summer beauty. If I get it from Beautylish, I will pick up another bottle of the Good Molecules Niacinamide Toner at the same time.

Big Girl Stuff:
I don’t even know where to start with this. I have only been to our campus 2 times since we closed in March. On Memorial Day weekend, there was an outbreak of rioting and vandalism in downtown Grand Rapids. My campus building was hit. All of the first floor windows (we had expansive windows) were destroyed. Fortunately, there was no internal damage or looting. We were not a target but proximity made the building a target. Repair of the building is going to push us out further for return. It is looking like late July.

Aside from that, I am still working from home. Things have ramped up and I like it. I really like being busy and feeling like I am accomplishing stuff. It will be another adjustment returning to my actual workplace.

Homestuffs:
Flowers, landscaping and garden
~ I have spent lots of time in the yard and cannot believe how much I have done. I doubled the size of my vegetable garden and put up a cute picket fence around it. Needless to say Abby was not happy with me. But I had to do something to keep that pesky dog out of it! I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and several kinds of beans. I am even trying corn this year. This is the earliest I have been able to plant, so I am hoping for some nice produce. For the front of the house, I did the usual hanging flower baskets and planted annuals around the mailbox. I laid out some pavers for my little Japanese maple tree and finally did some edging and pond pebble fill for the front bushes. Working in the yard has doubled as my evening exercise, which could also account for my dip in weight. Either way I’ll take it. Hubs is proud of all the work I have done. Truth is, I probably would not have done as much as I have, if I was not working from home. I have really enjoyed getting good and dirty with all the improvements.

View attachment 67751 View attachment 67752
View attachment 67753 View attachment 67754
View attachment 67755
Healthstuffs:

I think my body has finally caught up with my consistency in doing cardio and lifting. Combined with gardening and eating cleaner when Hubs works out of town, I am down 4 pounds. I’ll take it.

That about sums up the past 1 ½ months. All is as good as it can be. As always I wish the best for all of you. Summer is finally here!
x0x0x :heart:
I'm loving the updates! I hear you on recent current events, i'm been doing my part to help bring awareness, and i'm hoping to see positive changes. I'm really sorry to hear your work place was affected by the violence that broke out. As far as your home and gardening, physical fitness updates, great job! your garden looks fantastic!:) and that little making an appearance :love:.Good job on decluttering your working makeup kit! it's cool you didn't hold on to it for nostalgic reasons..isn't the Farmacy green clean Cherry wonderful? I got one as part of my Christmas gift last year, I loved it! I'm really tempted by the ND bronze palette, when a BL text me asking if I wanted to pre-order I held off I want to see swatches on darker skin first.

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Kosas Tinted Face Oil - 03
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Baby Face (all over lid)
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Indian Ink (lashlines)
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 (also used in crease)
  • NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
  • MAC Lipstick - Blankety

fur4elise

Fireworks_July2020_GettyImages_edit.jpg
June
Happy Summer! We have had a stretch of really nice weather. Every other day, I play hooky for a few hours in the afternoon to enjoy the sun. Makeshift vacation in the backyard!

I was sooo late with my May post, I made an internal note to be on time for June 😉

Spending: I was under budget for June beauty spending with emphasis on replenishing. One splurge.

Purchases:

Ulta - $5 coupon + $25 g/c – ELDW 4W2 Toasty Toffee
Ulta - $10 coupon – MR Hair Color, MAC Clear Brow Set

Sephora – 20% coupon out of nowhere! ~ ELDW 5W1 Bronze Deep – I thought this would be a darker shade. It’s not. It is more golden, however when mixed with 4W2, it makes an almost perfect match for me. I will most likely order a much deeper shade to adjust for my summer tan.

Sephora – ND Bronze Eyeshadow Palette – This was ordered just a couple days ago and won’t arrive until next week. I’m counting it in my June budget. The swatches on Temptalia look really nice. Again, for me, this is right in the sweet spot of warm, metallic and sparkly! :heart: Something to look forward too. 😉

Favorites:heart:

Farmacy Cherry Clean Balm lenchen lenchen ~ I love the Farmacy balms!
MAC MSF Natural – Dark Tan ~ I forgot how much I really like this formula.

Fringe Rotation:
Pat McG Fetish Eyes; MJ Velvet Noir; MJ Lash’d (free deluxe tube); Lancome Hypnose Drama, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer and Lash Paradise Mascara

Used Up: Nothing

Disposed Of: Nothing

Gave Away: Nothing

On My Radar:
A new brow pencil
- My Benefit pencil is getting really low. ELDW – A darker shade, as I mentioned above. I don’t mind custom mixing my foundation.

Big Girl Stuff:
Work continues to get busier. I had an unexpected building HVAC project land in my lap that is requiring a move of our special collections…like yesterday! 🤪 Fortunately, I was able to find and secure a library moving company to do it this coming week. When it is all said and done, we will be just a couple weeks out from the start of the fall semester. I always feel like it is downhill after the 4th of July.

Everyone seems to have mixed feelings and trepidation about returning to in-person work. I was on campus last week for a couple days. It was surreal but it also felt good to work in my actual office. Personally, if they can get the PPE I asked for in place, we will be open for students and faculty. The only other adjustment comes at the end of the semester, where everything goes remote for the last 2 ½ weeks. They are hoping to minimize any illness after Thanksgiving.

Homestuffs:
While my beauty spending was down, I have invested a little bit on housestuffs. You got to see the garden and landscaping work. The inside focus has been on comfort and a quest for better sleep! Let’s face it, I think we are all struggling with stress.

Hubs flirted with us looking at a Sleep Number bed. He likes the bed rock hard. I like cushion. I added a ComforPedic gel memory foam topper on my side last fall. What a difference that made! After some research, reading reviews and talking to a few people, we decided against a new bed. However, my research uncovered interesting information about pillows and linens. Mattress Clarity does great reviews on all things bedding! I ordered a body pillow with shredded memory foam. I also ordered a cover with anchors for my mattress topper, to keep it from sliding around. For Hubs, I ordered a contour (L-shaped) pillow. His shoulders and arms frequently bother him at night. I will report back next month on how it goes.

The other thing, I forgot to mention in my May post was that I finally got my office/studio/closet room in order. I was able to move my home office into an actual office space. I much prefer this to my dining room table and really like having a dedicated workspace. Easier to stay focused and productive.
HomeOffice_May_2020.jpg
My ever present supervisor
Nan_June_2020.jpg

Healthstuffs:
I have been able to maintain my loss. Other than that, nothing else has really changed. The gyms continue to be closed…I feel like I am falling into a rut, but at least it is a consistent rut. lol!

Not much else to report. Hubs is in the full swing of his work season. When he is gone things are very quiet at home. I get some nice “me” time. However, I am always happy when he gets home at the end of a work week. The garden is coming along. Everything I planted from seed has popped up. All of my tomato plants have fruit too. Very exciting and satisfying to grow things!

I hope all of you have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend! x0x0x

shellygrrl

Staff member
Quick mid-year overview of how I've been doing with my sort of makeup purchasing goals for the year...
  • Neutral-leaning-warm brown eyeshadows (powder and cream), generally matte or satin finish
So far I bought ABH Warm Taupe which has been fine(ish; could be a smidge warmer; it's also quite powdery), but I'd still like some more options.
  • A new powder bronzer
Hasn't happened yet, but there are several contenders (Fenty Inda Sun, Hourglass Nude Bronze Light, one from Thrive Causemetics, and a couple from Devinah).
  • A cream bronzer
Hasn't happened yet, but there are a couple I'm looking at (Kosas cream duo in Tropic Equinox, which I think would also be multi-use for me as cream eyeshadows; and Fenty Butta Biscuit)
  • A lighter coverage foundation/tinted moisturizer/CC cream
I recently ordered Kosas Tinted Face Oil and the Revealer Concealer, both in 02 (Kosas' site currently has an offer where you can buy both products for $58 versus $70).

I think I'd like at least one other option.
  • A new loose setting powder
Not purchased, but I did get that sample size of the Hourglass one, which isn't bad.
  • A silicone-free face primer
Got Milk Makeup Hydro Grip, which I really like.
  • A lighter-coverage concealer
I think the Kosas one on the way to me is full coverage. Anyhoo, I shall find out soon. :)
  • Another shade of NARS RCC?
Now not so sure about this. A bit of wait-and-see here.
  • A brow pen?
Hasn't happened yet.

VAL4M

JUNE UPDATE:
MAKEUP PURCHASED: 0!!! Nothing

Fashion:
Finally purchased for me and my son's favorite daycare worker a necklace from Antica Murrina Venezia (350$ + 50$ for duties when it was delivered) It is my son's last year at day care. He should start school in September if the virus is under control so we went a little extra.

2 shorts (because I dont really need shorts but stores are now open and I can try them. I purchased 1 pair I saw last year and were still in my mind from Pink Mink and some navy style Alice + Olivia) 400$
a SMYTHE blazer, I land on this most amazing sale I score that beauty for 190$ instead of 700$ :wootrock:

I have a couple of hundred $$ on my credid card but still think my balance will be at 0$ in July!

Health stuff:
I think I have a hip bursitis so cross training it is for the last 2 weeks and it sucks! I tried running 3 times this week and it was somewhat painful. I'm biking more to compensate and I found this cute outdoor gym/workout called Trekfit near my home. My city has build alot of those in several parks across town. See below here my little workout place for the last 4 weeks (not me in the picture LOL)
Picture taken here https://www.pacificplayinc.com/outdoor-fitness-solutions-by-trekfit/
1593949893913.png
1593950993952.png
I build up a little circuit 1) modified pull up, bench hop, push up, alternate tap foot, alternate bench step up with knee raise, tricep dips, mountain climber, leg raise i do the circuit non stop and catch my breath for a minute or so and go back at it again x 3 time. last two time I brought some elastic so I added in my routine biceps curl and shoulder press. So I bike for 35min and do another 25 min of strenght training and now i'm sore! LOL I sure try to be fit this summer.

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation - Porcelain (applied only to the lower half-to-two-thirds of my face)
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Warm Taupe
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster (across the lid for extra sheen)
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare

lenchen

View attachment 67795
June
Happy Summer! We have had a stretch of really nice weather. Every other day, I play hooky for a few hours in the afternoon to enjoy the sun. Makeshift vacation in the backyard!

I was sooo late with my May post, I made an internal note to be on time for June 😉

Spending: I was under budget for June beauty spending with emphasis on replenishing. One splurge.

Purchases:

Ulta - $5 coupon + $25 g/c – ELDW 4W2 Toasty Toffee
Ulta - $10 coupon – MR Hair Color, MAC Clear Brow Set

Sephora – 20% coupon out of nowhere! ~ ELDW 5W1 Bronze Deep – I thought this would be a darker shade. It’s not. It is more golden, however when mixed with 4W2, it makes an almost perfect match for me. I will most likely order a much deeper shade to adjust for my summer tan.

Sephora – ND Bronze Eyeshadow Palette – This was ordered just a couple days ago and won’t arrive until next week. I’m counting it in my June budget. The swatches on Temptalia look really nice. Again, for me, this is right in the sweet spot of warm, metallic and sparkly! :heart: Something to look forward too. 😉

Favorites:heart:

Farmacy Cherry Clean Balm lenchen lenchen ~ I love the Farmacy balms!
MAC MSF Natural – Dark Tan ~ I forgot how much I really like this formula.

Fringe Rotation:
Pat McG Fetish Eyes; MJ Velvet Noir; MJ Lash’d (free deluxe tube); Lancome Hypnose Drama, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer and Lash Paradise Mascara

Used Up: Nothing

Disposed Of: Nothing

Gave Away: Nothing

On My Radar:
A new brow pencil
- My Benefit pencil is getting really low. ELDW – A darker shade, as I mentioned above. I don’t mind custom mixing my foundation.

Big Girl Stuff:
Work continues to get busier. I had an unexpected building HVAC project land in my lap that is requiring a move of our special collections…like yesterday! 🤪 Fortunately, I was able to find and secure a library moving company to do it this coming week. When it is all said and done, we will be just a couple weeks out from the start of the fall semester. I always feel like it is downhill after the 4th of July.

Everyone seems to have mixed feelings and trepidation about returning to in-person work. I was on campus last week for a couple days. It was surreal but it also felt good to work in my actual office. Personally, if they can get the PPE I asked for in place, we will be open for students and faculty. The only other adjustment comes at the end of the semester, where everything goes remote for the last 2 ½ weeks. They are hoping to minimize any illness after Thanksgiving.

Homestuffs:
While my beauty spending was down, I have invested a little bit on housestuffs. You got to see the garden and landscaping work. The inside focus has been on comfort and a quest for better sleep! Let’s face it, I think we are all struggling with stress.

Hubs flirted with us looking at a Sleep Number bed. He likes the bed rock hard. I like cushion. I added a ComforPedic gel memory foam topper on my side last fall. What a difference that made! After some research, reading reviews and talking to a few people, we decided against a new bed. However, my research uncovered interesting information about pillows and linens. Mattress Clarity does great reviews on all things bedding! I ordered a body pillow with shredded memory foam. I also ordered a cover with anchors for my mattress topper, to keep it from sliding around. For Hubs, I ordered a contour (L-shaped) pillow. His shoulders and arms frequently bother him at night. I will report back next month on how it goes.

The other thing, I forgot to mention in my May post was that I finally got my office/studio/closet room in order. I was able to move my home office into an actual office space. I much prefer this to my dining room table and really like having a dedicated workspace. Easier to stay focused and productive.
View attachment 67796
My ever present supervisor
View attachment 67797

Healthstuffs:
I have been able to maintain my loss. Other than that, nothing else has really changed. The gyms continue to be closed…I feel like I am falling into a rut, but at least it is a consistent rut. lol!

Not much else to report. Hubs is in the full swing of his work season. When he is gone things are very quiet at home. I get some nice “me” time. However, I am always happy when he gets home at the end of a work week. The garden is coming along. Everything I planted from seed has popped up. All of my tomato plants have fruit too. Very exciting and satisfying to grow things!

I hope all of you have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend! x0x0x
I'm happy you're enjoying the Farmacy cleansing balm! you picked up some really nice things in the month of June! I'm loving the home improvement stuffs, to include your swanky office space, and your ever present supervisor! what a cutie did you shave kitty's hair? so adorable! :love: I'm happy your garden is coming along nicely! with the pandemic on how it's affecting different parts of the country is very scary! I'm glad i'm home the rest of the year! i'll be posting my June activity soon!

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Kosas Tinted Face Oil - 02 (yep, much better match for me)
  • Kosas Revealer Concealer - 02 (a bit too dark for me on its own; would likely work better as a correcting shade underneath)
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly (really needed it for some undereye brightening; I also mixed this with the Kosas one to conceal around the crevices of my nose)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster
  • Tower 28 Bronzino Illuminating Bronzer - West Coast (received this as a gift from someone and was pleasantly surprised!)
  • Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder (mainly to tone down the blush a little bit)
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Kosas Tinted Face Oil - 02
  • Kosas Revealer Concealer - 02
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Stone (crease)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Baby Face (lid)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Fairytale (lashlines)
  • Tower 28 Bronzino Illuminating Bronzer - West Coast
  • Bare Minerals Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick - Tutu

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
  • mix of ABH Eyeshadow - Stone + The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
  • MAC Blush - Next to Skin (as a contour)
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Buon Fresco
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Concrete Jungle
  • Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon - Glacé
  • wet'n'wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit High Shine - Caught You Bare Naked

lenchen

Low buy June/July 2020

Purchases:
Nothing for both June and July! i have been a good girl these past two months, I will be making some purchases next month for my Birth month to include some brushes!

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP/chopping block:

Gave away:
Nothing for June or july

Chopping block:
nothing as of now!

Used Up:

Cerave pm lotion, I need to re-purchase.

On the Horizon:
Natasha bronze palette, Chikuhodo Kazan Squirrel powder brush, Chikuhodo P8 brush, Chanel Gabrielle perfume, Chanel mademoiselle travel spray.

monthly favourites/ reflections- base: Laura mercier tinted moisturizer, Giorgio Armani stretchable concealer, and cover FX translucent setting powder. PatMcGrath Mothership VIII eyeshadow palette, Natasha Denona Sunset palette Blush: NARS blush in orgasm X, and NARS Taos blush. Highlighter: Makeupgeek ablaze, and Ofra blind the haters highlihter. Hourglass Setting Spray.

Latest posts