Yikes...it's been a minute. I cannot believe we are already 1/2 way through May...What the French Toast. Ummm, so this will be a catch-up for March & April.
~ The month started off with not much on my radar. I was hoping Benefit
(my favorite) would put their brow pencils on sale. Ultimately, they offered a 3-piece, full size set
almost 60% off. I was able to get my pencil
, replenish my brow set
and try out their Gimme Brow tinted gel
. Speaking of brows, check out this quick tutorial from Wayne Goss. Spring calls for a refresh and I like trying out new application techniques.
– I thought I was going to skirt the Ulta 21 Days...Best intentions. However, there were a few items I wanted to replenish and to try.
- Tarte Ultra Creamy Shape Tape – too good to pass up at 50% off. I was able to replenish and purchase the same shade I use in the original formula. I have also been using a super fluffy brush to apply concealer. A new technique that makes application even, smooth and helps dry the product quicker.
- UDPP – I disposed of all my e/s primers in January (almost empty /past shelf life). I realized I miss using a primer, especially when I am doing a colorful eye and/or using more glittery shadows (minimizes fallout).
– Good Molecules – Discoloration Serum,
(2) bottles of the long time OOS Super Peptide Serum and Niacinamide Toner.
By the by, GM had finally arrived at Ulta. Yay!
Got a great deal on PTR Retinol Fusion serum (QVC)
- Essentially 6 months supply that will allow me to determine if I get desirable results.
I also took advantage of the Sephora sale on sale for Marc Jacobs.
I purchased the Accomplice Beauty Powder and 2 shades of liquid See-Quins
I did not have. I did not buy anything else during the Sephora sale.
I also added two StriVectin products to my regimen - StriVectin Multi-Action Super-C Retinol Brighten & Correct Serum and Multi-Action R&R Eye cream.
Used Up / Disposed Of / Gave Away / Donated:
Sol De Janeiro Coco Cabana Cream
- Not sure if I will replenish this. I am loving the Bum Bum Cream. Curlsmith Double Cream Deep Quencher
- opened back-up
Good Molecules Brightening Serum
- I will not replenish this. I don’t feel it really did anything for me. the Ordinary Buffet; Buffet with Copper Peptides
– opened back-up
PTR Potent-C Serum & Eye Cream
– Both were just about empty. I will not replenish these as I am trying the StriVectin Multi-Action Super-C Retinol Brighten & Correct and Multi-Action R&R Eye cream. Kate Somerville Retinol Serums
– Old. Laneige Lip Mask
(a few minis & half used full size). Assortment of mascaras
(Hit expiration date)
Clothing, shoes, household item to – Goodwill
I also gave away a LE Chanel highlighter. It was a FOMO purchase, I never used; the Hourglass palette I purchased. It just didn’t do it for me. I also culled my stash for beauty samples. All were given to a student worker. I am so sad. She graduated last week.
I've stayed in / under budget and have made very few makeup purchases - Foundation and concealer. I am really loving both the Clinique Even Better Clinical Serum Foundation and corresponding Even Better All-Over Conceale
r. The formulas just seem to melt into my skin. It never feels heavy or mask like. My focus really has been on consistent skin care...and some days I am really loving the results. I am no spring chicken, so anything that plumps and minimizes wrinkles, I am on it. I mentioned the StriVectin and I am enjoying both of those products.
Speaking of taking care - FitGirl Stuffs...
I ditched the "cult" of Peleton
after the two month trial. I just could not vibe with the feels. Just off to me. However, I did rediscover Les Mills programming - Body Combat, Body Attack, RPM, Body Pump
...Again I am taking advantage of a 30 day trial. So far, I am loving it...and have not been this sore in eons. I also started a program called Omada, offered free through my health plan. While I am not having any health issues, I am overweight. I am trying to find a better new normal (post-competitive bodybuilding). I think a little guidance and accountability will be good for me!
Work has been steadily busy from winter right into spring. The semester ended a couple weeks ago and I will be taking a breather for the rest of the month. I am ready for a break. It is going to be a "staycation" as hubs is already full tilt in his work season. It's all good! I will be working on some more landscaping and get the garden cleaned up and ready to be planted.
Okay, going to end it here, as this was a pretty lengthy post. As always wishing all of you well and hoping you are happy healthy and enjoying spring.