revlon photoready

xstephax

i picked it up from my work the other day and i love it so far. i like the coverage it's given me and how smooth it goes on. it's worth a try at least =)

K_ashanti

the finish is different (dewy vs matte) lighter coverage, betta packaging (it has a pump) but it last just as long and doesnt transfer like the colorstay

LMD84

i may end up getting this because i love my colourstay but sometimes i feel like it's too much coverage for me. plus the fact that this has a pump is great because i end up wasting so much colourstay from over puring! doh! dunno when it's out in the uk though....

iamgrape1119

I use it and I really really like it! I didn't experience the glitter galore everyone was talking about. For me it's just a glowy full coverage goodness. I also use the photoready powder, but am less impressed by that. HTH!

Flaminbird

I have gone to every CVS around me and can't find it. I checked the local Ulta and no luck there either. I looked in one Target near me and they didnt carry it but need to check another just up the road. Walmart doesnt have it and neither did Walgreens. I can order it online from Ulta but I need to see the colors in person before I buy.

I also have seen the mixed reviews as was mentioned above about the "glitteries" so then I Was hesitant. I have oily skin and large pores and .....wrinkles....and didnt want them to be even more noticable so I'm on the fence until I can see it in person I guess.

Hey ladies..everybody seems to be getting mixed reviews about Revlon's PhotoReady so I wanted to leave a little of my review on here as I did on Makeupalley. First off, I wanted to say..don't let people's bad reviews stop you from trying this product. Every product is going to have a little good and bad, it's truly up to you. I wasn't going to get this either because of the constant bad reviews of the glimmer/sparkles issue in the foundation, but I'm sure glad I decided to at least try it. This ended up being my HG foundation..I was in love with Studio Sculpt but this definitely has rained over that. And what's weird is that I really really disliked Revlon's Colorstay..PR is simple great in every way, IMO. It blends very easily and the coverage is build able. I have acne scarring and uneven skin tone and one light layer does enough, but it's not overbearing. I personally don't have an issue with the shimmer/sparkles; to me you can't really see it unless you are really looking for it. Also, I didn't notice the shimmer on my face, I only saw it when there was residue left on my hand (after applying it to my face, you know the left over foundation that is left on your skin). The pump is fantastic as well! I applied the foundation at 10am and it is now close to 10pm and it still looks fresh. Also, some reviewers were mentioning that you cannot wear it with primer because it glides off your face..I use Monistat Chafing Gel as my primer and than applied this and I'm having no issues.

I truly love this foundation and for the price? You really can't beat it. I say grab a bottle! What do you have to lose?

Oh yeah, also for reference I'm an NC30 in SFF & Studio Sculpt and 008 Golden Beige is a pretty close match to almost perfect!

smellyocheese

I can never get the right shade matched with ColorStay. I'm a MAC NC30-35 and i'm using Golden Beige. A tad too fair and pink. The next color down is even more pink.

I read that the PhotoReady takes some time to blend in... not too keen on trying it out yet :-/ very curious though!

purple_pumpkin

I've heard that is has only a few colors, and that in the next couple of months there woube more colors, so I don't know if I should wait or go ahead and buy it
th_confused_new.gif

p.s.
How is it in photos ?

Caderas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhode
I'm waiting for a Revlon BOGO.

me too!

i'd definitely be willing to try this stuff. if it's anything like MAC's Mineralized Satinfinish.. i'll be having a problem. i hated the shimmer that was in the foundation! so, if it has less coverage.. is it anything like a tinted moisturizer? i've been in search of something that has coverage like that for a nice dewy, fresh look!

Flaminbird

I finally found this at Target
greengrin.gif
There were only 6 shades and I chose Shell which turns out to be a pretty good match. I'm in between MAC NW 15 and 20 but more on the pink side. I first applied this with my Smashbox foundation brush and didnt like it so then I tried my CS Duo brush and it looked alot better but still was looking sheer. I then just used my fingers to apply and dabbed it on and it gave me the coverage I needed as I have alot of redness in my face. I could BARELY see the sparkles/glitter that peeps are talking about. I'm going to try a sponge to apply it next time which I have to go buy
greengrin.gif

kathyjanet

I love the Photo Ready
smiles.gif
I picked it up a couple of weeks ago when it was BOGOF at CVS. I'm somewhere around a NC25 in MAC, & the 004 Nude is a perfect match. I've worn this every single day since I got it, & I haven't had any problems with breakouts, shimmer/glitter, etc. I am quite oily, although in the cooler weather my face gets a bit drier. I use Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder over it, & absolutely love it!!

My summer HG has been the CS (Sand Beige in the combo/oily formula), but I love the PR consistency so much better - it doesn't feel as heavy as the CS, spreads much better, & just feels like nothing on my skin. I'm not sure how it will be for me when the weather starts getting hot & humid, but it's definitely my cooler weather HG.

luxury

I bought it and I love it. The color is a bit dark but once I finish it with my loose powder all is well.

natalie647

I saw it at CVS the other day, and I have to say, the color selection sucks. There are only eight shades, none of them darker than med-toned skin, I'd say. And they were out of anything light enough for me
ssad.gif
I was thinking about buying the powder, but I've got the say that the compact is HUGE! It's twice the size I'd expect it to be, so definitely not convenient.