revlon photoready

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaMH
I didn't like this at all! I got the 001 Ivory as that's what shade I wear for ColorStay. To me it seems like the same thing just not as full of coverage. It also accentuated the lines around my eyes & placed a huge billboard sign on any blemishes I happen to have that day.
yucky.gif

After hearing that this foundation is a total skip for me.

LMD84

this is now on the boots.com site for uk guys! however it should be in store from 13th march
smiles.gif

laulovesbilly

I picked this up at CVS during a BOGO along with the Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Sunkiss. I got it in #011 Cappuccino. I could have sworn there was supposed to be another color before this one, but maybe that's my mistake. Anyway the shimmer in this foundation is really minimal and I like that because I have dull skin. I like that its not as full as ColorStay because I have no scars or blemishes. However! The darker shades of this foundation I believe are really red to orangey in their undertones. When I swatched this on my jawline it matched(I have red undertones), but my cheeks are really yellow/peachy. I haven't worn a full face of this yet, but I'm just wondering how anyone else out there with peach to red undertones feels about this?

roxyr

I normally use the Colorstay One Step in Caramel and I recently used the Photo Ready in Cappucino (my CVS did not have it in Caramel). I get more coverage with the One Step. As Laulovesbilly said, the Cappucino has reddish undertones where the Caramel does not. I may try the Photo Ready in Caramel.

R~

Caderas

I know that I saw in either the March or new April issue of Lucky has a $2 off coupon until December I believe! worth a shot!

Whitney6195

I've been wanting to try this out, but the mixed reviews have gotten me.
Ive been using colorstay for awhile now, I might just stay with it.

vintageroses

I quite liked it though, but the colour selection is indeeed little! ): I used 09 Rich Ginger! Head to my blog to see the full review! :)

haleylovesMAC

I absolutely love this foundation. It is as if the gods of makeup were tape recording the thought of my H.G. foundation and creating this masterpeice.

I purchased this along with the translucent finishing powder (and some new Wet n' Wild blush and mascara, just to add), and they both work beautifully!)

I am very, very pale. Like Kate Winslet in Titanic pale. And my skin is pretty oily, as well. I love the look of fresh, dewy, glowy skin, and that is what I got out of this foundation. The shade "Ivory" is perfect for my skin, which is quite surprising because the other Revlon foundation never go light enough for my skin.

I applied this (in my car, haha) at noon and by 6:30, after a play practice, under stage lighting, my skin still looked amazing. I also got quite a few compliments on how my skin looked. My friend kept on telling my how pretty I looked that day.

My skin was also very smooth and soft. The soft shimmer gave me that glow that I have been searching for, and it makes me very happy. The fact that both of the items were on sale for 40% off was pretty awesome, too.

If you are considering purchasing this, do it. I love it so much!

laulovesbilly

After wearing this for 17hr day in Atlantic City(meaning buffet, boozing, and taking a nap) this stuff had not budged from my face! I love it!!! Previously I stated that the heavy red tones in this scared me because the center of my face is quite yellowish but I don't know, this foundation just works itself out somehow and blends so lovely. I apply with a stippling brush and I actually used no finishing powder. Finally something I can switch up my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with.

LMD84

i got photoready today! yay! i found the shade that best matched me was shell. although it's not a perfect match at all. they really do need to come out with more colours!
smiles.gif
i shall wear it to work tommorow and test it out
smiles.gif

noahlowryfan

I've try the foundation today. While I like the coverage, the color match wasn't so good. Back to Walgreens to purchase 004 Nude. If that is not a good match either, I might have to mix 004 and 008 to get my perfect match.

LMD84

ok so these are my thoughts after applying it this morning
smiles.gif
i think that colour match is actually ok. i bought shell and i thought it would be a little too pinky for me but when on my face it matches very well. i first covered half of my face and the coverage is much lights that colourstay. this foundation hid my slightly red looking cheeks but i have a spot on my chin which i needed to put concealer over. with colourstay i have no need for concealer.

i couldn't notice the sparkly bits. but it's not bright enopugh to see outside yet. i will check later on.
smiles.gif
so far so good!

nursee81

I picked up this foundation yesterday at CVS BOGO along with colorstay. In photoready I got 008 and it looks to light but the one next to it ginger something looked to red. I had seen on youtube where some one NC40/42 was mixing 008/010 to get a good match. But my CVS didn't have it. Walgreens is having 40% so I will check there. Does only know if CVS usually has these BOGO?

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
I picked up this foundation yesterday at CVS BOGO along with colorstay. In photoready I got 008 and it looks to light but the one next to it ginger something looked to red. I had seen on youtube where some one NC40/42 was mixing 008/010 to get a good match. But my CVS didn't have it. Walgreens is having 40% so I will check there. Does only know if CVS usually has these BOGO?

I don't like CVS. In order to get the sale price, you have to have their card. Why can't non-card holders get the sale price too like Walgreens and Rite Aid.

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
I don't like CVS. In order to get the sale price, you have to have their card. Why can't non-card holders get the sale price too like Walgreens and Rite Aid.

It easy to get a card half the time they ring up the card and tell you to go home and mail in the info.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
It easy to get a card half the time they ring up the card and tell you to go home and mail in the info.

I don't like having a card to a place I don't shop there at all.

DILLIGAF

I saw the expanded color line recently at a Target.. of the shades that even close to me 1 is too red and the other is too dark. How do ppl go about mixing foundations?