RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

Beautybuyer

But what time!? Midnight? Or 12:01? And will there be emails? And will those come right when it launches? Or before? And will MAC announce it? And will this be in stores? At counters? And what day did you say this releases again? :rolleyes:
Lol!! "I've never stalked before, does it require a lot of my time?" "Should I stalk in advance?" It's going to be up the last Thursday of June and requires no stalking. At 3:46am eastern time. And you have till 3:46:01 to place your order Lol :loser:

erine1881

Lol!! "I've never stalked before, does it require a lot of my time?" "Should I stalk in advance?" It's going to be up the last Thursday of June and requires no stalking. At 3:46am eastern time. And you have till 3:46:01 to place your order Lol :loser:
:roflmao: Yes girl!!!

trayceeee

okay so can anyone tell me when this is going to be available?! :lmao: :loser: :finger: I can't see it anywhere ESPECIALLY in the title
But what time!? Midnight? Or 12:01? And will there be emails? And will those come right when it launches? Or before? And will MAC announce it? And will this be in stores? At counters? And what day did you say this releases again? :rolleyes:
:blinks: :blinks: :blinks:
You guys are like high school bullies... Is it that serious?! I understand its "annoying" that someone asks a question already answered but in the grand scheme of things.. Is it really that big of a deal?! I mean why not have a standard answer like "please refer to first post". If someone is new to the site or forums in general, is that the kind of welcome you want to give them???? Erine1881 - you answer a lot of questions and you're super helpful but over the last year or so I've realized you're also incredibly snarky and you're the kind of "Mac girl" that people complain are bitchy when they go to the store. Just relax everyone, honestly. It's not that serious that someone asks a question, that's why the forums are here. Maybe no one cares about my opinion but I was under the impression that the point of Specktra wasn't trying to join this elusive, private community but being able to come and share your love of makeup! I'm so over the mean and sarcastic comments to people!!!

sophhhh91309

loooooooooove this ! seriously took the words right outta my mouth !
You guys are like high school bullies... Is it that serious?! I understand its "annoying" that someone asks a question already answered but in the grand scheme of things.. Is it really that big of a deal?! I mean why not have a standard answer like "please refer to first post". If someone is new to the site or forums in general, is that the kind of welcome you want to give them???? Erine1881 - you answer a lot of questions and you're super helpful but over the last year or so I've realized you're also incredibly snarky and you're the kind of "Mac girl" that people complain are bitchy when they go to the store. Just relax everyone, honestly. It's not that serious that someone asks a question, that's why the forums are here. Maybe no one cares about my opinion but I was under the impression that the point of Specktra wasn't trying to join this elusive, private community but being able to come and share your love of makeup! I'm so over the mean and sarcastic comments to people!!!

Pinkdollface

Maybe no one cares about my opinion but I was under the impression that the point of Specktra wasn't trying to join this elusive, private community but being able to come and share your love of makeup! I'm so over the mean and sarcastic comments to people!!!
I understand how you feel, but sometimes it seems like new members don't even try to find the answer on their own. If the release date is being mentioned in the first post or even the title of the thread it should be quite clear. There is also the search option that should help out very well (if you use the advanced search option you can even tell it to look in specific parts of the forum, very handy!). Of course it can still happen that someone overlooked things. That happens to me as well and it doesn't deserve an annoyed response. But sometimes questions are asked while the answer is on the same page (an example a couple pages back). I hope no one will feel like they are not welcome here, because everyone is and we love to hear your makeup stories!

ETA: Now that I read the post a couple pages back again it might be meant as a joke. Please add smilies if you are just joking, because that would prevent confusion
winks.gif

mzweeze

Yess!!! I'm new n already feel like this forum is just like the rest of sites filled with smart comments when it isn't necessary. I know a few times I didn't even want to ask a question because I know I'm get smart comment back. Smhhh

mzweeze

I understand how you feel, but sometimes it seems like new members don't even try to find the answer on their own. If the release date is being mentioned in the first post or even the title of the thread it should be quite clear. There is also the search option that should help out very well (if you use the advanced search option you can even tell it to look in specific parts of the forum, very handy!). Of course it can still happen that someone overlooked things. That happens to me as well and it doesn't deserve an annoyed response. But sometimes questions are asked while the answer is on the same page (an example a couple pages back). I hope no one will feel like they are not welcome here, because everyone is and we love to hear your makeup stories! ETA: Now that I read the post a couple pages back again it might be meant as a joke. Please add smilies if you are just joking, because that would prevent confusion
winks.gif
I get where you're coming from but I know sometimes people miss the post that have the answer to the question. I know I don't have time to read all the previous post so if it was already answered people could just refer them back to the post or quote the old post. But no there's too many post that have remarks that might be joking but this is the Internet you can't tell if someone is kidding or being rude bc it's a text and not how someone says it.

MAChostage

HAHA!! Love it.
Quote:Originally Posted by Beautybuyer

Lol!!
"I've never stalked before, does it require a lot of my time?" "Should I stalk in advance?"

It's going to be up the last Thursday of June and requires no stalking. At 3:46am eastern time. And you have till 3:46:01 to place your order
Lol
th_loser.gif

Pinkdollface

But no there's too many post that have remarks that might be joking but this is the Internet you can't tell if someone is kidding or being rude bc it's a text and not how someone says it.
I understand. Sometimes there is are so many new posts that you just can't read them all, but it would help to read the last page or so. I do think the atmosphere on this forum has changed though the last year or so. There are a ton of awesome sweet girls, but a couple could try to formulate things a bit nicer and be more understanding towards the newbies. Everyone was a newbie ones, but we can forget how we were back then. I'm not going to name anyone, because I still appreciate the helpful comments, but I hope they'll understand what I'm trying to say. On the other hand it would help also if the newbies read the rules etc. They are there for a reason and to help out.
The problem on the internet is you can't see someone's face and that's actually very important when you are talking to fully understand eachother. That's why I mentioned to use smilies
smiles.gif

KMQE716

I understand how you feel, but sometimes it seems like new members don't even try to find the answer on their own. If the release date is being mentioned in the first post or even the title of the thread it should be quite clear. There is also the search option that should help out very well (if you use the advanced search option you can even tell it to look in specific parts of the forum, very handy!). Of course it can still happen that someone overlooked things. That happens to me as well and it doesn't deserve an annoyed response. But sometimes questions are asked while the answer is on the same page (an example a couple pages back). I hope no one will feel like they are not welcome here, because everyone is and we love to hear your makeup stories! ETA: Now that I read the post a couple pages back again it might be meant as a joke. Please add smilies if you are just joking, because that would prevent confusion
winks.gif
Agreed!

mzweeze

I understand. Sometimes there is are so many new posts that you just can't read them all, but it would help to read the last page or so. I do think the atmosphere on this forum has changed though the last year or so. There are a ton of awesome sweet girls, but a couple could try to formulate things a bit nicer and be more understanding towards the newbies. Everyone was a newbie ones, but we can forget how we were back then. I'm not going to name anyone, because I still appreciate the helpful comments, but I hope they'll understand what I'm trying to say. On the other hand it would help also if the newbies read the rules etc. They are there for a reason and to help out. The problem on the internet is you can't see someone's face and that's actually very important when you are talking to fully understand eachother. That's why I mentioned to use smilies 
smiles.gif
Lol true but then again people would be the one to get smart n put a :) to make it seem like they're joking smh or maybe I just had bad a experiences with my other sites lollll

Pinkdollface

Lol true but then again people would be the one to get smart n put a
smiles.gif
to make it seem like they're joking smh or maybe I just had bad a experiences with my other sites lollll
Well yes that could be, but sometimes you just need to have faith that people are meaning to do the right thing. Just think positive about it. Even if they don't mean it that way as long as you think positive they won't get to you. I'm not really sure if this makes sense, but english is not my first language so I don't know a better way to describe what I'm meaning.

MAChostage

Let's be real: several people join Specktra, come into a forum and their *very first post* is a question that has been asked a million times already in that very forum. This only shows that the person didn't bother to try to read any of the previous posts and came in seeking an instant answer. We realize that the number of postings in any one thread can be overwhelming but, geez, take the time to investigate and use the search before asking.

jennyap

Lol true but then again people would be the one to get smart n put a
smiles.gif
to make it seem like they're joking smh or maybe I just had bad a experiences with my other sites lollll
Well yes that could be, but sometimes you just need to have faith that people are meaning to do the right thing. Just think positive about it. Even if they don't mean it that way as long as you think positive they won't get to you. I'm not really sure if this makes sense, but english is not my first language so I don't know a better way to describe what I'm meaning.

Exactly - makes perfect sense. IME if you assume the worst motives for what people say, you will see them as being negative even when they're not, whereas if you assume the best motives you tend to have a positive experience. Bottom line for me, kindness costs nothing and never hurts!

Richelle83

But no there's too many post that have remarks that might be joking but this is the Internet you can't tell if someone is kidding or being rude bc it's a text and not how someone says it. I understand. Sometimes there is are so many new posts that you just can't read them all, but it would help to read the last page or so. I do think the atmosphere on this forum has changed though the last year or so. There are a ton of awesome sweet girls, but a couple could try to formulate things a bit nicer and be more understanding towards the newbies. Everyone was a newbie ones, but we can forget how we were back then. I'm not going to name anyone, because I still appreciate the helpful comments, but I hope they'll understand what I'm trying to say. On the other hand it would help also if the newbies read the rules etc. They are there for a reason and to help out.
The problem on the internet is you can't see someone's face and that's actually very important when you are talking to fully understand eachother. That's why I mentioned to use smilies
smiles.gif
Smiles are good, extra ?!?!?! also works.

Sometimes it does get rather annoying to see the same questions being asked over and over. I get it is easier to just post a question and come back and read a response later on. Some people have been ignored all together because it was literally asked and answered either on that very page or the one before. I left Specktra a while for school, came back and watched Erine post over and over again the same thing. Kept thinking why, just let them participate and read the thread like the rest of us. Then I got back into again and started doing what she was doing and got irritated. Specktra is a nice friendly place compared to some of the other boards I pay to be on. This is a great free forum.

Just my 2 cents.

trina11225

Sign, never easy being a newbie. I think I've been here for a month and its nice to see people crazy about this stuff. Makeup whoring to the fullest. But not cool if someone acts like a jerk over makeup neither. On that note, for the most part this group seems awesome and helpful overall to each other.

Richelle83

Maybe no one cares about my opinion but I was under the impression that the point of Specktra wasn't trying to join this elusive, private community but being able to come and share your love of makeup! I'm so over the mean and sarcastic comments to people!!!
I get your point. When I first joined things didn't go all that smoothly and even when I came back it was a little rough. Adjusting to others personalities and quirks helped. Specktra ins't elusive or private but we feel that way because many of us are pretty close considering.