Rose pigment

darkbeauty27

You know, I saw that seller's auctions too and I thought they were almost too good to be true with the prices. The shades I looked at looked true to the real thing and I am guessing the seller's items are real. Of course someone else who knows better will hopefully answer.

panda0410

If in doubt walk away! These pics arent good enough to see, you would have to ask for more and this is a new seller, under 50 feedback means no paypal buyer protection either. I wouldnt touch it, Rose is also one of those "popular" fake colours and if the item cant be seen to be authentic then you are better off not taking the risk.

wolfsong

I didnt know about that 50 feedback buyer protection thing, thats handy to know in future.

panda0410

Yep, under 50 FB guarantees you NO buyer protection under paypal policies. Also handy to know that sellers with 97% positive feedback or less also have limited and/or no buyer protection according to paypal policies either so it pays to know who you are buying from
winks.gif

i just pulled my rose pigment out to compare... and i don't know... there doesn't seem to be enough goldish flakes in that pigment, but it could just be a bad photo.

however, the fact that the seller put a bad photo up, makes me leary.

okay. her golden olive looked pretty right on imo, but that blue brown looked a bit more on the brown side than mine does. i could be wrong, but why on earth would she start bids so low if they were real??

wolfsong

Low starting bids actually tend to make items go for more:
- High starting bids put some potential bidders off (low stating bids makes some buyers think they will get a good deal on that item, whilst setting it too high allows for little bidding room).
- Low starting bids = more people wanting to bid on the item which usually results in a bidding war, therefore making the product go for more than its worth.

However some sellers prefer to have set prices as its enables them to get a known figure (good for budgeting etc), and its a more reliable way to sell - certain products can be in high demand one month and not the next (known to also change with season).

MACATTAK

I'll let everyone know for sure. After verifying some things with the seller, I won some of the pigments. They are already on their way.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
I'll let everyone know for sure. After verifying some things with the seller, I won some of the pigments. They are already on their way.

Thanks! That would be great
winks.gif
I hope you dont get burnt though, I always walk if I cant be sure so hopefully that seller is OK!
For anyone interested in cheap authentic pigments try densief609 - she has a lot of pigments for sale now including Rose and a lot of LEs that you can be sure are real - the pics arent great though I'll tell you that - not all sellers are great photographers...LOL, but I have bought dozens from her and never got a fake.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Thanks! That would be great
winks.gif
I hope you dont get burnt though, I always walk if I cant be sure so hopefully that seller is OK!
For anyone interested in cheap authentic pigments try densief609 - she has a lot of pigments for sale now including Rose and a lot of LEs that you can be sure are real - the pics arent great though I'll tell you that - not all sellers are great photographers...LOL, but I have bought dozens from her and never got a fake.

I second that.
smiles.gif
I've bought pigments off denisef609 and they're all authentic. Now I'm kinda regretting about stocking up because I rarely use them.. I bought them just because they're so pretty.
ssad.gif
New homes? Probably.. *sighs*

panda0410

I had a look at those other listings and the golden olive looks fine, so does the blue brown actually. There is a chance she picked these up at a CCO - I have had pigments sent to me from CPs where they were bought from a CCO with CCO price stickers as low as $12US.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I second that.
smiles.gif
I've bought pigments off denisef609 and they're all authentic. Now I'm kinda regretting about stocking up because I rarely use them.. I bought them just because they're so pretty.
ssad.gif
New homes? Probably.. *sighs*

Put them in the clearance bin
smiles.gif
Or, totally off topic...lol...sample sellers seems to be flooding AU ebay again - maybe put them there...LOLOLOL
graucho.gif

MACATTAK

I haven't received them yet, but possibly tomorrow or Thursday. I know they were shipped. I'll give everyone an update as soon as I receive them
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Fingers crossed for ya, MACATTAK!
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Put them in the clearance bin
smiles.gif
Or, totally off topic...lol...sample sellers seems to be flooding AU ebay again - maybe put them there...LOLOLOL
graucho.gif

HAHA I'll possibly put them in the clearance bin. No thanks to selling them as samples on eBay! Boo to them when it comes to certain products. Boo Boo BOO!!

So yea, ANYWAY!
greengrin.gif
Woohoo! Clearance bin!
winks.gif

MACATTAK

I got my pigments today & all was well! They are authentic..woo hoo! I did make sure to ask the seller questions that I had & verify things before bidding, of course. All went well, so have no fear with this seller!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Hi,
Fyi, I'm The One That Bought That To See If It Was Real. I Do That Often Mainly With New Sellers. If You Read My Sale Items Notes It Says I Do That To Find Fake Sellers So I Can Report Them. I Recenly Opened A Fake Apricot Pink . I Have A Authentic From Mac So I Knew It Wasnt Real And Bought Another One Today From A Trusted Seller. Once I Find My Paypal Receipt I Then Report Them. When I Can Afford It I Feel Someone Needs To Get These Sellers Off Of Ebay. I Usually Get My Money Back Because The Seller Hopes I Dont Report Them Which I Do
smiles.gif

Latest posts