Rose pigment

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Does this look authentic to someone who has a monitor that likes MAC? Mine always shows up too dark or something, which is making this one look like Ruby Red.

Hi all, I got that suspected Rose in a few minutes ago and it is the real thing. The color, code on bottom, everything match's exactly. I also compared it to the last one I got from MAC. I got 2 other colors I need to check and will keep you all posted
smiles.gif
) atleast now I dont have to go through the hassel of reporting it.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Does this look authentic to someone who has a monitor that likes MAC? Mine always shows up too dark or something, which is making this one look like Ruby Red.

HI AGAIN
smiles.gif
OK THE ROSE AND PINKED MAUVE ARE AUTHENTIC FROM THAT SELLER BUT THE FUCHSIA IS NOT. I ALREADY TOLD HER AND ASKED FOR A REFUND, SHE ALREADY LEFT MY FEEDBACK BUT I HAVENT LEFT HER'S YET. IT'S VERY POSSIBLE SHE DIDNT KNOW IT WAS A FAKE. YOU'D WOULD REALLY HAVE TO KNOW MAC WELL TO BE ABLE TO TELL. SHE SAID THEY CAME FROM MAC PRO FROM HER EX, A MAKE-UP ARTIST.

wolfsong

Potentially someone could have handed in a very good fake for refund, and either sold at the store or through the employee channels (apparently taken back items are sold to employees for very cheap prices).

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Potentially someone could have handed in a very good fake for refund, and either sold at the store or through the employee channels (apparently taken back items are sold to employees for very cheap prices).

Here's a update, the seller says it is real and she gets all of her stuff from mac and mac pro...it's very possible what you said wolfsong is what happened. She even sent me pics of atleast 10 of her pigments with the box's, so my feeling is she didnt know. The e is smaller and in a different place, color is darker, print on back much thicker/darker, ect.

wolfsong

Thanks for letting us know!
I think she's telling the truth too - it would be odd for someone to sell one fake for every 10 authentics or something of the sort
lol.gif

panda0410

unless she got it cheap somewhere - I have known sellers of authentic pigments to sell the occassional fake because they picked it up cheaply somewhere and otherwise didnt realise it was a fake until it was pointed out.
You should let her know that you are a seasoned used user of pigments and that it definitely is fake - if she is going to be awful about the refund then leave her a neg.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
unless she got it cheap somewhere - I have known sellers of authentic pigments to sell the occassional fake because they picked it up cheaply somewhere and otherwise didnt realise it was a fake until it was pointed out.
You should let her know that you are a seasoned used user of pigments and that it definitely is fake - if she is going to be awful about the refund then leave her a neg.

HI PANDA
cheerleader.gif

I ALREADY TOLD HER THAT
smiles.gif
THE ROSE WAS FINE ITWAS ONLY THE FUCHSIA. I TOLD HER I WAS GOING TO CONFIRM WITH MACPRO & WOULD LET HER KNOW. I TOLD HER THAT I'VE BEEN A SELLER FOR MANY YEARS AND KNOW A FAKE WHEN I SEE IT. I REALLY DONT THINK SHE KNEW BUT EITHER WAY I WANT A REFUND AND WILL GET IT
smiles.gif
I ALSO WON A GREEN TODAY FOR 18.07, LOL. I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE A FAKE, THERES NO WAY THE ORIGINAL GREEN FROST WOULD SELL FOR THAT LOW AND SHE'S ALSO A NEW SELLER. THATS WHY I BIDDED ON IT BUT MADE MY MAX ONLY 20.00. IT GETS ME SO UPSET WHEN SELLERS KNOWINLY SELL FAKES!! NEW MAC USERS WOULDNT KNOW SO I TRY AND CATCH THEM IF I CAN AFFORD IT. ONCE IT COMES IN I'LL BE POSTING A PICTURE (SINCE HER'S SHE STOLED FROM ANOTHER SELLER WHO I ALREADY CONTACTED.) WHAT ARE THESE SELLERS THINKING, DONT THEY KNOW MANY SEASONED MAC USER'S KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING??

panda0410

LOL - I saw the green and was going to bid but spent too much $$ this week already!!! You might get lucky - it may well be real and then wont we all be kicking ourselves....LOLOL!!! I saw the Coco Beach she had too - did you win it? It was probably real - she had much better pics of that with details, but the batch code she had up for the Green looked OK too
winks.gif

Hope you get your refund - nothing worse than haggling with sellers over a definite fake when they deny it!

1165Cheryl

I bidded on the coco beach but didnt win it by seconds but also I didnt want to go very high since I wasnt sure it was real. The coco beach I have is so I didnt want to spend to much for a fake. I'll go up to 20.00 to find fake sellers but not past that amount. There was another coco beach selling also but I didnt catch it on time
ssad.gif
I feel so much better about the green so thank you!!! I hope it's real, Ive wanted that color for a long time. Atleast with the fake fuchsia I didnt spend very much for it
smiles.gif