Roses Ultimes de Chanel collection

elegant-one

I bought Desire gloss & Distraction (great name for me..ha!) np. LOVE them both. I bought a JCrew blouse that ended up matching Distraction which I didn't even realize until I got home.

I also got to feel all the new Chanel brushes - WOW were they ever soft soft soft! The skunk brush is absolutely incredible. The Chanel ladies were wearing their gift - an absolutely adorable small Chanel perfume bottle that said Chanel on a silk black cord - I want one so bad.
sigh.gif
See that's what our love gift (which the cheapies didn't give us this year) should have been huh!

And, my head Chanel lady said that she is wearing Desire in the promo shot not Amour. That's what her head people & her paperwork say. And after seeing it in person, I think its Desire as well.

shontay07108

I bought Desire gloss & Distraction (great name for me..ha!) np. LOVE them both. I bought a JCrew blouse that ended up matching Distraction which I didn't even realize until I got home. I also got to feel all the new Chanel brushes - WOW were they ever soft soft soft! The skunk brush is absolutely incredible. The Chanel ladies were wearing their gift - an absolutely adorable small Chanel perfume bottle that said Chanel on a silk black cord - I want one so bad. :sigh: See that's what our love gift (which the cheapies didn't give us this year) should have been huh! And, my head Chanel lady said that she is wearing Desire in the promo shot not Amour. That's what her head people & her paperwork say. And after seeing it in person, I think its Desire as well.
Don't tell me that! :shocked:

Winthrop44

How much will the skunk brush be? Do you know what it's made of by any chance (long shot I know! lol) or when the whole line of new brushes will be available?

jmarie

The brushes should be available any day now. I bought some Euro Chanel brushes when visiting Paris and London. They are leaps and bounds softer then the US onesand not a bit scratchy. They are not as soft and silky as Hakuhodo brushes however, I felt that the HKH brushes were too soft and didn't pick up enough pigment.

elegant-one

How much will the skunk brush be? Do you know what it's made of by any chance (long shot I know! lol) or when the whole line of new brushes will be available?

I think it was $52. Nah, I have no idea what it was made of :) They were all available at my Nordies.

Sorry it too me so long to respond! Just got on here. I was at Ikea all day
greengrin.gif

Winthrop44

Hope you had fun at Ikea! Hmmm...so I wonder when they'll appeat online then?

Great video jmarie - thanks!! Which ones did you already get again? I forget.

Bonitinha

I bought Desire gloss & Distraction (great name for me..ha!) np. LOVE them both. I bought a JCrew blouse that ended up matching Distraction which I didn't even realize until I got home.

I also got to feel all the new Chanel brushes - WOW were they ever soft soft soft! The skunk brush is absolutely incredible. The Chanel ladies were wearing their gift - an absolutely adorable small Chanel perfume bottle that said Chanel on a silk black cord - I want one so bad.
sigh.gif
See that's what our love gift (which the cheapies didn't give us this year) should have been huh!

And, my head Chanel lady said that she is wearing Desire in the promo shot not Amour. That's what her head people & her paperwork say. And after seeing it in person, I think its Desire as well.
Glad you are loving your glosses. I always seem to end up at J Crew, also. I love it when they have their sales online!
Those necklaces sound adorable -- bummer they don't give those out to all of us VIP customers LOL
What did you get at Ikea -- anything fun??

Gail, are you off buying the new brushes?? :)

elegant-one

We went with my brother-in-law & his wife - it was their first time there. We had a lot of fun. Everyone made fun of me because I bought in total like 1500 tea lite candles
girlhaha.gif
But they are such a great deal there. And a lamp.

Ugghhh I want that necklace & the snowglobe. I will get the Chanel skunk brush one of these days. I didn't know they weren't online yet! I guess I just assumed that they were.

Winthrop44

1500??? That's ALOT of tea lite candles!!!
thud.gif

The necklace sounds so cute.
sigh.gif
And would have been so lightweight to send out.....
crybaby.gif

jmarie

Great video jmarie - thanks!! Which ones did you already get again? I forget.
I realize that I have just some Euro brushes. I bought them at Heathrow and must have been the ones available before the newer brusher were released. They are all made in France, mat handles and super soft. I did have the #24 brush that she mentioned last in her video.

Miss QQ

Elegant - enjoy your new goodies! I've seen the skunk brush but didn't want it until now. What is it good for? Blush?

Winthrop44

Yes, a skunk brush is great for light application of pigmented powder blushes, cream blushes, and many also like them for applying foundation. The MAC 187 and 188 are "famous" ones you may have heard of.

elegant-one

Oh my! One should not even sell it. Me too Michelle. I peek outside my door hoping a love gift was left there
amuse.gif
sigh.gif

Yep, they made fun of my candles the whole time
greengrin.gif
But, I won't be going back to Ikea for awhile & the cheap ones that I bought locally only last barely 2 hours. The Ikea ones burn cleanly & last for up to 5 hours so they are so worth it. Target raised their price on them a ridiculous amount so I decided to stock up.

I am really loving Desire gloss. And, I think I will use Distraction on my nails next.

Winthrop44

Desir is my favorite of these for sure. Did you skip Tentation? Does the shimmer in Distraction show on the nail?

Miss QQ

Wnthrop - thanks. I used 187 for foundation but now I'm using a regular foundation brush as my 187 was shedding too much, it is an SE edition. I will look at the chanel skunk brush next time I'm at the counter. All the raves on Desir make me change my mind. I may get it instead of Jalouise. I'll have to wait until I see them in person, still no idea when they will hit my counters. I was at a beauty fair yesterday, which consisted of mainly unheard Asian brands. The most exciting thing was that I bought 3 bottles of Deborah Lippmann np, which was very naughty of me as I am on a np no buy. Haven't try any DL before, I hope I like them. Distraction looks very pretty though..

Latest posts