• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Round midnight eyes tutorial (tons of pics)

Bowker2

hello hello, this is my first tutorial- it is without much mac- i havent let myself buy any until i get my pro card! who knows when it will come! so until then mostly non mac!

here is the look we are trying to achieve:
lishurley.jpg

start all gross and pasty:
IMG_0649.jpg

dot foundation one shade light than your skin on the inner portion of your face, a shade darker around the perimeter and in hollows of your cheeks like so:
IMG_0650.jpg
ha!
I blend with my fingers mostly, from the inside of my face out, and then buff the darker color inward with my fingers- blend it all with a sponge.
IMG_0653.jpg

curl your lashes and sweep a clean powder brush all over face- i think it adds to the buffed foundation look.
now you will draw a HIDEOUS line around the entire eye with a soft chubby black pencil mine is ben nye. thicker on top than on bottom.- do not be afraid, try and keep it as basic as possible but do NOT fret about it looking terrible!
IMG_0656.jpg

then using a very small rounded brush (mine is aveda) smooth the lines and blend them ever so slightly.
IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

now you may blend the liner onto the lid and into the crease. (once again it should still def. look awful-no worries) Now you will take a smaller black liner and draw out a squared off cat eye-(this took me awhile of drawing on and cleaning up with damp qtips, to make it the size and shape i wanted)
now you shall pack an opaque black shadow over the liner and yes, blend! over lid and into crease.
IMG_0663.jpg

(i had to blend it into the shape i wanted FOREVER)
now get out an opaque white (no shimmer) and use a fluffy tapered blending brush to apply to the inner hollow of the eye socket- not the eye. and under the brow.
IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

eyebrow time!!! my favorite.
im using to colors for this look, normally i only use the lighter one but its to blonde for these eyes-
IMG_0667.jpg
see? this is the brow with only blond pencil-to warm.
it is a very straight controlled brow. and i extended it out a little far (best thing ever to make eyes look bigger and wider apart)
here is the undone and done brow:
IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

brow gel is always good!
IMG_0673.jpg

now its time to contour!
get a big powder brush a swipe a good amount of bronzer on- i like nars laguna. fishy face it up and buff it in and up.
IMG_0674.jpg

now apply it to the temples and down again into the cheek hollows, like a big number 3.
IMG_0675.jpg

apply a whole bunch right under your chin and blend down and out on your neck- combatting a double chin! wahoo!
IMG_0676.jpg

blush time, choose a medium-light pink, nothing too bright or too chalky, mine is Dame. apply slightly back from the apples, more on the bone and then add a layer of transluscent powder over top.
IMG_0678.jpg

blend a little concealer over whole mouth and then add two more little blobs to the lower lip- blend mostly right there and out.
IMG_0680.jpg

apply a light opaque gloss- mine wasnt right, it was shimmery. oh well.
IMG_0681.jpg

oh my gosh were done! throughout the whole process i was touching up my eyeliner and adding black shadow, so really- dont be scared of being a little messy- damp qtips are your friend!
so heres the comparison- whew that was a ton of work!!!
lishurley.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

haha theres my rendition of what shes doing in the photo!!
xoxoxoxox
Francie pants!

Piaqua

Haha, you're rendition is too cute
smiles.gif
Very nice super detailed tutorial... makes me wish I had foundation a shade darker and lighter than my skin. The one I do have matches perfectly... LOL

Bowker2

hmm that makes sense that people wouldnt really have non matching shades- i may do an in depth contouring tut sometime- with like, 10 shades!! hehe

Kristen

Wow... this tutorial was really awesome! Your foundation and eyebrow tips were spot on! I can't wait to see another one.

Bowker2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallytheragdol
Very detailed! Awesome! Plus the look is smokin! I would def appreciate more tutorials from you!

i would love it if anyone had a request for a look- more fun for me to do it for other people you know? let me know if theres somthing you would like to see!

Julez

wow, is pretty much all i can say.
this is a grade A tutorial!

ps: you look like brigitte bardot!

Bowker2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
wow, is pretty much all i can say.
this is a grade A tutorial!

ps: you look like brigitte bardot!

stop! oh my god i wish! thanks doll
smiles.gif